The horse racing NAP of the Day as Royal Ascot kicks off on Tuesday, 14 June, looks a little different from SportsLens tipsters. We’ve got a couple of each way plays for punters to consider in races where there are short-price favourites.
There’s little value in backing either horse racing hotpots Baaeed and Coroebus at odds-on. Instead, our experts take them on each way looking for place money at the royal meeting. They say look elsewhere in the market. Let’s take a look at these punts against some red-hot jollies:
- 2:30 Royal Ascot – ORDER OF AUSTRALIA E/W @ 20/1 with 888Sport (NB)
- 4:20 Royal Ascot – MALJOOM E/W @ 12/1 with 888Sport (NAP)
- 1 Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Maljoom hit the frame?
- 2 New Customers Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus at 888Sport
- 3 Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Maljoom hit the frame?
Classic winner Coroebus has a favourite’s chance at the head of Royal Ascot odds for the St James’s Palace Stakes (4:20). However, German 2000 Guineas hero Maljoom has clearly progressed this spring and looks an interesting each way contender. One of two in the race trained by William Haggas, this three-year-old Caravaggio colt runs in the colours of Sheikh Ahmed Al Maktoum made famous by the globetrotting Addeybb.
Maljoom has made rapid progress from winning a Doncaster maiden on the opening weekend of the British Flat turf season in March to Group 2 glory overseas. Not bad in less than two months. This marked improvement saw the best UK betting sites send him off at just 3/1 for the German Classic.
Today’s horse racing NAP looks overpriced for a Classic winner
Given the serious upward curve Maljoom is on, it doesn’t make sense he’s a double figure price for the four-timer at Royal Ascot. Cieren Fallon now takes the ride for the first time and posted a 24 per cent strike rate at this venue last year. Following those mounts of his blind yielded £7.33 profit off a £1 level stake.
Haggas comes into the royal meeting on a 23 per cent strike rate over the last 14 days too. Provided he continues to find improvement, Maljoom could end up giving Coroebus most to think about. A £10 punt each way with 888Sport returns £164 if he wins at 12/1. It is currently 12/5 for Maljoom to hit the frame with the place part of such a wager.
Order Of Australia overpriced in battle behind Baaeed
At 1/5 best overnight for the Royal Ascot opener, the Group 1 Queen Anne Stakes over the straight mile (2:30), it will be a major upset if Baaeed doesn’t follow-up on his Lockinge success. Order Of Australia feels like the forgotten horse in the line-up, though, having won a Breeders’ Cup Mile a year-and-a-half ago.
Trained by Aidan O’Brien, who saddled Circus Maximus to win this during previous Royal Ascot results in 2020, he beat that one in Keeneland later in the campaign. Order Of Australia ran some cracking races in defeat behind Baaeed and previously Palace Pier late last summer. He has a length in hand over Chindit and now meets that re-opposing rival off 6lb better terms from Deauville.
NB to our horse racing NAP has clear place prospects on pick of form
Order Of Australia was also in front of last year’s Queen Anne runner-up Lope Y Fernandez when runner-up in the Prix du Moulin at Longchamp. These horse racing results and pieces of form don’t suggest he can trouble Baaeed, but do look arguably the best of the rest on offer. The only concern is his mixed record fresh.
If there are any horse racing betting sites out there offering a without the favourite market, then Order Of Australia is worth a serious look. Backing him each way with 888Sport at 20/1 effectively means it’s 5/1 for him to finish second. That makes Order Of Australia the NB to our horse racing NAP for 14 June, Maljoom.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus at 888Sport
Here is more information on that new customer betting offer at 888Sport now. This is a bet £10 and get £30 + £10 casino bonus deal available to all SportsLens readers that don’t have an account with this online bookie already.
Sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10 or more via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets such as Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal, Neteller and MuchBetter as these payment methods aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
Once new customers fund their online account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Our horse racing NAP and NB both meet that. After the wager settles, new customers receive 3x £10 free bets credited automatically. Additional terms and conditions apply to the casino bonus, which is claimed separately.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Stake just £10 on either of our top horse racing bet todays and new customers get £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. These six steps show punters how to claim the offer:
- New customers sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10+ qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- After this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets automatically
- All free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim a £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
We’re well into the Flat season now and Royal Ascot starts today. It’s the latest of many major meetings on the level this summer. Here are the latest daily horse betting tips content from SportsLens:
- Check out all the Royal Ascot tips, plus general betting advice in our hub
- There are four flutters that Tony Calvin fancies on day one of the royal meeting
- Look out for Lucky 15 tips at Royal Ascot, including four fancies from Andy Newton today
- These two Tuesday tips run for Kevin Blake on the big stage, so see his selections
- Here are Frankie Dettori Royal Ascot rides on Tuesday for everyone’s favourite jockey
- The Royal Ascot each way tip of the day runs for our experts at 5pm today
- Tom Segal gives a couple of Pricewise tips to kick off the royal meeting too
- Don’t ignore these Royal Ascot trends and tips on the opening day
- Fresh from a 6/1 winner on Monday, Andrew Mount has three Tuesday tips
- Tote betting fans should look at Placepot tips from Royal Ascot
- Racing Post tipster Paul Kealy provides four fancies for the royal meeting as well
- There is also some Spreadex analysis available with recommended buys and sells