It just wouldn’t be the Festival without a Nicky Henderson Cheltenham accumulator. Here’s one for the opening day of the meeting, a 1226/1 treble that could be well worth backing each way.
Nicky Henderson Cheltenham Accumulator Tips for Day 1 of the Festival
- 1:30 – Jonbon in the Supreme Novices Hurdle @ 5/1 with Fitzdares
- 3:30 – Epatante in the Champion Hurdle @ 16/1 with Fitzdares
- 4:10 – Marie’s Rock in the Mares Hurdle @ 12/1 with Fitzdares
Against the waves of Irish raiders stand Nicky Henderson horses hoping to turn the tide back after last year’s drubbing. Let’s look at each leg of this massive 1226/1 treble on offer with Fitzdares in turn.
Supreme Novices Hurdle – Jonbon
Jonbon is a full brother to the mighty Douvan, a dual Cheltenham Festival winner. His pedigree attracted leading Irish owner JP McManus to spend big at the sales. Jonbon is unbeaten in four career starts under Rules and, like stable companion Constitution Hill, ran an Irish Point before joining Seven Barrows.
Victories in two recognised Grade 2 trials for the Supreme at Ascot and Haydock punched his Cheltenham ticket. Jonbon looks better value in the market than Constitution Hill, who has done all his winning right-handed on very soft ground. Jonbon is 5/1 to continue his winning run and the first leg of Nicky Henderson Cheltenham accumulator tips for Tuesday.
Champion Hurdle – Epatante
Henderson and McManus have great history combining when it comes to the feature Grade 1 Champion Hurdle (3:30). In Epatante, they have the winner of this race two years ago. She dead-heated in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle on her return and regained the Christmas Hurdle crown on Boxing Day.
On last spring’s form, however, there is no obvious reason why Epatante should turn the tables on fellow mare Honeysuckle and Champion Hurdle odds of 16/1 reflect that. She is still a great each way bet, however, and the second leg of today’s Nicky Henderson Cheltenham accumulator tips.
Mares Hurdle – Marie’s Rock
There is unfinished business at the Festival for the last of the Nicky Henderson horses entered on day 1. That is Marie’s Rock, who was ante post favourite in the Cheltenham odds for the Dawn Run a couple of years before a setback ruled her out.
Since stepping up beyond 2m for the first time, she has won her two completed starts. That marks Marie’s Rock down as a live contender for the Grade 1 Close Brothers Mares Hurdle (4:10). She is 12/1 to beat the Irish contingent here and completes the Nicky Henderson Cheltenham accumulator tips for day 1 with bookies paying extra places.
After reading up on the Nicky Henderson Cheltenham accumulator for day 1, check out all of the other stuff going on at the Festival this year:
- Read the full Cheltenham Festival schedule and race times for all 4 days
- Henderson has Shishkin as a strong favourite in the Queen Mother Champion Chase odds this year
- Get Ruby Walsh tips on most Cheltenham races from the meeting
- See where Henderson is in the Cheltenham top trainer odds this time around
- Champ has claims if the Stayers Hurdle odds are any indicator
- Seven Barrows stable jockey Nico de Boinville has some great Cheltenham rides
- Find out where Chantry House is in the Gold Cup odds in relation to other contenders
- Get even more Cheltenham tips throughout the Festival
- Know all about Willie Mullins Cheltenham entries for day 1 of the meeting
- Reflect on last year’s Cheltenham results as it might help throw up Festival winners
- Learn about key Paul Townend Cheltenham rides coming up
- Discover who is favourite in the Cheltenham top jockey odds at this year’s Festival
- These are all of the latest Gordon Elliott Cheltenham entries for the meeting
- Pick up Cheltenham free bets online right now
- Know the best Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides she has to look forward to
- View all the latest Cheltenham betting offers for new and existing customers