A final field of 11 horses run in the 2022 Cheltenham Gold Cup odds and betting after penultimate declarations. The blue riband event of steeplechasing and centrepiece race of the Cheltenham Festival takes place this year on Friday, 16 March (3:30). Despite a further reduction in the Gold Cup field size, two Irish horses remain locked together at the head of the market.
Top Five Cheltenham Betting Sites for Gold Cup Odds
These are our five best Cheltenham betting sites for the Cheltenham Gold Cup odds at the Festival this year:
- Fitzdares – Bet £30 & Get a £30 Free Bet
- BetUK – Bet £10 & Get a £50 Free Bet
- The Pools– Bet £10 & Get a £20 Free Bet
- BoyleSports – Bet £10 & Get a £40 Free Bet
- Virgin Bet – Bet £10 & Get a £20 Free Bet
Latest Gold Cup Odds & Betting Show
All odds correct as of 11:45 GMT on day of the race but subject to change
Galvin Gunning for Gold Cup Glory
Elliott, who missed last year’s Festival due to a six-month suspension of his training license, also has Savills Chase victor Galvin, now 4/1 second-favourite in the Cheltenham odds (from 6/1), at his Cullentra House base. Gigginstown other potential runners Delta Work and Run Wild Fred were scratched in favour of other Festival targets, however. Last season’s Kim Muir heroine Mount Ida goes for the Mares Chase instead.
Willie Mullins has three Cheltenham Gold Cup entries. They are dual race winner Al Boum Photo; the unlucky Asterion Forlonge and King George VI Chase hero Tornado Flyer. Al Boum Photo is the shortest price of these possible Mullins mounts at 8/1. Allaho, the Ryanair Chase favourite, was the most notable defection from this camp.
McManus and Henderson duo among best of British
Nicky Henderson now just has one horse left in the race. The JP McManus owned Champ, prominent in the Stayers Hurdle odds goes for that race instead. Owner stable companion Chantry House tries to build on his Cotswold Chase victory on Festival Trials Day here instead. He finished tired that day and is available at 16/1 (from 20/1)
Irish trainer Henry De Bromhead perhaps has the strongest set of Cheltenham Gold Cup entries, according to horse racing betting sites, however. Those are last year’s first and second, Minella Indo and A Plus Tard. Both must bounce back from disappointing displays over the festive period, however, yet remain prominent in the market.
A Plus Tard is the 3/1 favourite elsewhere including with Cheltenham non runner no bet bookies. Minella Indo is 13/2 (from 8/1), meanwhile, after his encouraging second at Leopardstown. Stable companion Eklat De Rire is another of the defections.
Protektorat best of British
Lucinda Russell has decided this is too much too soon for novice Ahoy Senor, even though lightly-raced first-season chasers winning the Cheltenham Gold Cup isn’t unheard of in the horse racing world. Coneygree managed this as recently as 2015.
Many Clouds Chase hero Protektorat is the shortest of the British hopefuls for Dan Skelton with Gold Cup odds of 12/1 (from 14/1). Connections have laid him out for a tilt at Cheltenham.
Colin Tizzard and connections of Eldorado Allen decided against supplementing him for this following his shock Denman Chase win at Newbury. Runner-up at big a price of 33/1 in the Arkle betting last season, the yard and owners go for the Ryanair Chase instead.
Venetia Williams’ Royale Pagaille is now 16/1 (from 25/1) after finishing second in the Denman despite again defying top weight in the Grade 2 Peter Marsh Chase at Haydock on his previous run in January. He finished sixth in the big one last season at 14/1 in the Gold Cup betting on ground sounder than ideal.
Bar those, the remainder are big prices. It’s 50/1 and greater Gold Cup odds for the remainder. This promises to be another absorbing edition of the blue riband steeplechase.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2022 Final Field
- Al Boum Photo (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- A Plus Tard (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Asterion Forlonge (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Aye Right (Harriet Graham)
- Chantry House (Nicky Henderson)
- Galvin (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Minella Indo (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Protektorat (Dan Skelton)
- Royale Pagaille (Venetia Williams)
- Santini (Polly Gundry)
- Tornado Flyer (Willie Mullins, IRE)
Cheltenham Gold Cup Defections
- Ahoy Senor (Lucinda Russell)
- Allaho (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Angels Breath (Nicky Henderson)
- Carefully Selected (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Champ (Nicky Henderson)
- Chatham Street Lad (Mick Winters, IRE)
- Conflated (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Delta Work (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Eklat De Rire (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Fiddlerontheroof (Colin Tizzard, IRE)
- Franco De Port (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Imperial Aura (Kim Bailey)
- Lostintranslation (Colin Tizzard)
- Melon (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Mister Fisher (Nicky Henderson)
- Remastered (David Pipe)
- Run Wild Fred (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Saint Calvados (Paul Nicholls)
- Mount Ida (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Honeysuckle is all the rage in the Champion Hurdle odds and betting again
- The Queen Mother Champion Chase odds say Shishkin could get a third Festival win
- View all of the Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides she has lined up this year
- Look at Ruby Walsh tips for Cheltenham this year
- Get more details on Nico de Boinville mounts for the Festival.
- Racing TV presenter Lydia Hislop gives her top Cheltenham tips
- There are lots of fancied Paul Townend Cheltenham rides at the meeting too
Not sure where to bet? Have a look at our list of the best horse racing betting sites.
Interested in the Cheltenham Festival? Follow our guides
- Looking to wager on Cheltenham? Have a look here for the best Cheltenham betting sites.
- Looking for bonuses? We selected the best Cheltenham free bets.
- You can find even more promo on our dedicated Cheltenham betting offers
- Use the highest odds and earn even more, have a look at the best Cheltenham odds.
- Not sure how to bet? Follow our expert betting tips and predictions about Cheltenham.
- You can find the last Cheltenham Festival results here.
- Looking to watch horse races online? Have a look at the best live horse racing streaming sites.
Interested in the Gold Cup? Follow our coverage
- Know the best Gold Cup betting sites for punters to wager with
- There are lots of Cheltenham Gold Cup betting offers and promotions available
- Discover where there are Gold Cup free bets for new and existing customers on offer
- Read Cheltenham Gold Cup tips & predictions for the feature race of the Festival
- View the Gold Cup best odds on all hopefuls in the Cheltenham centrepiece