Betting customers hardly need another reason to wager on the Cheltenham Festival. The four day horse racing event takes place annually in March, leading runners, jockeys, trainers and owners descending on Cheltenham Racecourse in Gloucestershire. Cheltenham free bets make staking on the Champion Hurdle, Stayers’ Hurdle, Gold Cup and other races all the more appealing.
Looking for free bets Cheltenham ahead of the opening race on March 15th? SportsLens has you covered. The best Cheltenham free bet offers are found on this page, with each coming from a licensed and reliable online bookmaker. On top of this, we will explain how a free Cheltenham bet works, including their key terms and conditions.
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets Bet £25 on Fixed Odds Get £36 in Free Bets Bet £30 Get £30 Free Bet Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets Deposit £10 Get £30 in Free Bets £35 Free Bet + 10 Free Spins Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets Bet £10 Get £20 + Free Bet If 2nd To SP Fav Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet
Best Betting Sites for Cheltenham Races Betting Offers
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets
Bet £25 on Fixed Odds Get £36 in Free Bets
Bet £30 Get £30 Free Bet
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets
Deposit £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
£35 Free Bet + 10 Free Spins
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £20 + Free Bet If 2nd To SP Fav
Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet
Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet
Cheltenham Free Bet Offers
A number of promotions are available surrounding the Cheltenham Festival. Free bets are offered to entice new customers, as well as keep existing customers satisfied. While not all promotions will appear to be free bets in the traditional sense, they will provide punters with additional funds to wager on this leading horse racing event with. Below are among the most common Cheltenham free bets available to punters in the UK:
New Customer Cheltenham Free Bets
The most common type of Cheltenham free bet is available exclusively to new customers. In fact, some punters will sign up with an online bookie because of its welcome offer alone. While we do not recommend this, given the appeal of some Cheltenham free bets, it is clear to see why this is the case. A qualifying deposit and bet are required in most cases. Meanwhile, minimum odds and other terms and conditions will also be in play. Once claimed, free bets can be used on any sportsbook market, including Cheltenham Festival options. Below are our top 3 new customer Cheltenham free bets available at present:
Money Back Specials
Ongoing horse racing promotions include money back specials. Refunds are paid out when certain predetermined situations occur, which are generally delivered in the form of free bets. When the Cheltenham Festival comes around, money back specials will likely surround your pick finishing second, falling or failing to finish. There is likely to be a maximum refund amount, so check out the T&Cs beforehand. Below are some of the money back specials awaiting punters looking to bet on the 2022 Cheltenham Festival:
Non Runner No Bet
When placing Cheltenham ante post bets in particular, it is nice to know that you will receive a refund if you pick ultimately doesn’t feature in the specific race. Ante post odds on the Cheltenham Festival are introduced months in advance. However, many of the horses listed will not take to the starting gates. This can be because of injury or if trainers decide to place them elsewhere. The popular Cheltenham non runner no bet offers look after punters in such situations. Here, a free bet will be delivered, up to a select figure.
How to Claim Your Cheltenham Free Bet Offer
Before getting started, it is important to understand how Cheltenham free bets work. There are a number of steps that must be undertaken in order to claim a free bet. Using Betfred as an example, who offer our top ranked Cheltenham free bet, the following is a step by step guide for new customers:
Step 1: Select Your Free Bet Cheltenham
While we are using Betfred as an example, it may be that other Cheltenham free bets suit your needs better. For example, the Bet365 Cheltenham free bet offer or Ladbrokes Cheltenham free bet are other popular promotions. So, weigh up the free bet amount, as well as the terms and conditions.[/su_note]
Step 2: Sign Up
Having selected your chosen free bet, enter the sportsbook site of the bookmaker in question. Click on the “Register” button, located in the top-right hand corner of the page. Complete the registration form, creating a username and password in the process. Confirm your new account, before verifying it via email.
Step 3: Deposit Funds
Using an eligible payment method, deposit funds to your account for the first time. Deposits must be worth at least £10. Meanwhile, e-wallet and prepaid voucher payment methods will not qualify at Betfred. Deposits are processed instantly.
Step 4: Place a Qualifying Bet
Place a sports bet worth at least £10. This can be on any sport, whether it be on the Cheltenham Festival horse racing, football or something else. Odds of EVS or greater must be met. Qualifying bets must also be placed within 7 days of signing up.
Step 5: Claim Your Free Bet
Upon your qualifying bet settling, your free bet will automatically appear in your account. When using your free bet, select the relevant option on your bet slip. As usual, track the progress of your bets.
Cheltenham Free Bet Key Terms
Before signing up with your chosen bookie and looking into claiming a Cheltenham free bet, punters must consider the terms and conditions surrounding such offers. Of course, T&Cs will differ between each betting site and promotion. However, the following are the most common:
- Minimum Deposit/Bet – When qualifying for a Cheltenham free bet, it is almost certain that some financial investment will be needed. Some free bets follow a deposit on its own. Others will require a bet to be placed. Either way, punters must ensure that they meet the minimum amount set by the bookie in question. This is likely to be anywhere between £5-£20.
- Minimum Odds – When placing qualifying bets, as well as spending a free bet, minimum odds will potentially be in place. This stops punters simply betting on the overwhelming favourites. Minimum odds sit anywhere from ⅕ to 2/1, depending on the circumstances.
- Eligible Races – Cheltenham free bets can generally be used on any of the 28 races that take place over the four days. However, it could be that select races and markets are eligible.
- Minimum Runners – Some horse racing betting promotions are only eligible to those betting on races with at least a set number of participants. For example, 6 or more runners. Most Cheltenham races should meet the T&Cs set here.
- Wagering Requirements – Winnings made from free bets may have to be rolled over before withdrawals can be made. 10x wagering requirements means that funds must be bet 10 times or more before they are unlocked. Most bookies are not so strict in this area, especially when compared to online casino bonuses.
- Expiry Date – After registering with a bookie, new customers will have a set number of days to claim their free bet welcome offer. Meanwhile, having qualified for a free bet, punters must also keep its expiry date in mind. Most free bets are available for either 3 or 7 days.
- Bet Type – Whether you are placing a win, each way, multiple, tote or ante post bet on the Cheltenham Festival, ensure that you are eligible for a free bet beforehand.
Cheltenham Free Bets for Existing Customers
While free bets are most commonly available to those signing up with online bookies for the first time, they are also offered to existing customers. Several ongoing promotions specific to the Cheltenham Festival will be introduced online in the build-up to the event. Clicking on the “Promotions” page at your chosen betting site will bring up all available offers at that time. Examples include Coral’s Best Odds Guaranteed offer, which is available on all UK & Irish horse racing, and William Hill’s extra places offer.
While not being free bets specifically, such promotions will certainly be of benefit when it comes to betting on the Cheltenham Festival. Existing customer Cheltenham offers still come with terms and conditions though. These include minimum runners, minimum odds, maximum stake, bet types and maximum winnings.
Free Cheltenham Bets No Deposit
For betting customers, a no deposit bonus is something of the “holy grail”. As the name suggests, free bets here are delivered without any financial investment being required. While the free bet amount is relatively small in most cases, the fact that simply signing up is all that is required to qualify makes such offers well worth taking advantage of.
Unfortunately, only a small number of UK bookies still offer no deposit free bets. This type of bonus is more commonly associated with online casinos today. Unsurprisingly, bookies are unwilling to put themselves on the backfoot immediately with new customers. Below are the no deposit free bets available to Cheltenham Festival punters at this time:
Sky Bet – Free £10 Bet No Deposit
UK’s Best Cheltenham Free Bet Offers in Detail
You will have already recognised the variety of Cheltenham free bets that are available today. Each is slightly different, even though they may appear the same on the surface. We will now take a closer look at some of the top Cheltenham Festival free bet offers, including their key terms and conditions:
How to Make the Most of Cheltenham Free Bets
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that claiming Cheltenham free bets will result in winnings. Although, punters can give themselves the best possible chance of profiting from such offers by following these tips:
- Play the Field – There is nothing stopping punters signing up with a host of online bookies. Doing so will put you in a position to take advantage of more than one Cheltenham free bet. Of course, not all Cheltenham free bets will be worth utilising. However, there are plenty that offer punters a good chance of profiting from them.
- Read the Small Print – As we have already discussed, Cheltenham free bets all come with terms and conditions. It is crucial to read the small print before signing up and depositing. T&Cs will generally determine just how appealing free bets are. Consider the minimum deposit/bet amount, as well as minimum odds, expiry date and wagering requirements.
- Matched Betting – Matched betting is a strategy used by many punters in order to guarantee a profit when free bets are on offer. Here, bets cover all possible outcomes surrounding a specific event. However, matched betting does require punters to be registered with a betting exchange too.
- Stick to a Strategy – Some see free bets as an opportunity to wager on markets that they would normally avoid. However, be sure to stick to your betting strategy, study past horse racing results and form, and wager wisely. Whether it be placing single each way bets on the Cheltenham Gold Cup or multiples on Cheltenham races, remain focused on what you know.
- It’s About Enjoyment – Be sure to remember that betting on the Cheltenham Festival is about enjoyment, first and foremost. Don’t spend all of your time trying to profit from a free bet. Instead, take regular breaks and never chase losses.
Bottom Line on 2022 Cheltenham Free Bets
The Cheltenham Festival is arguably the biggest sporting event of the year for both bookmakers and punters. In order to try and get an edge over their competitors, Cheltenham free bets are offered by many bookies, both before and during the event. Of course, some free bet Cheltenham offers are better than others. On this page, we have recommended only the very best. As always, free bets come from licensed bookmakers. So, check out our top ranked Cheltenham free bet offers for yourself. Such offers could provide the perfect platform to bet on your fancied runners and riders.
Place Your Bets on the Cheltenham Festival with Betfred
Cheltenham Free Bet Offers FAQs
- Fitzdares UK 🥇 (9.8 / 10 Points)
- BetUK UK 🥈 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Betfred UK 🥉 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- 888Sport UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Virgin Bet UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- SBK UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Quinnbet UK (9.5 / 10 Points)
- Tote UK (9.5 / 10 Points)