As yet unbeaten over fences, Shishkin is the clear favourite among 2022 Queen Mother Champion Chase odds but eight horses remain in the Ladies Day Cheltenham Festival feature. Opposition to Nicky Henderson’s stable star includes a strong Irish challenge for the 2m Grade 1 contest on Wednesday, 16 March.
Top Five Cheltenham Betting Sites for Queen Mother Champion Chase Odds
These are our five best Cheltenham betting sites for Queen Mother Champion Chase odds at the Festival this year:
- Fitzdares – Bet £30 & Get a £30 Free Bet
- Luckster – Bet £10 & Get a £10 Free Bet
- Bet Goodwin – Bet £10 & Get a £10 Free Bet
- Virgin Bet – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
- BetUK – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Latest Queen Mother Champion Chase Odds & Betting Show
|Queen Mother Champion Chase Horses||Queen Mother Champion Chase Odds||Bookmaker|
|Chacun Pour Soi||15/2|
|Put The Kettle On||28/1|
All prices correct as of 12:45 GMT on the day of the race but subject to change
Clarence House Rematch in Queen Mother Champion Chase
Dual Cheltenham Festival winner Shishkin will face his toughest task to date seeking a third consecutive victory at the meeting. According to horse racing betting sites, this already looks a three-horse race on paper with Queen Mother Champion Chase odds of 10/1 and bigger bar the favourite and two Willie Mullins horses.
Energumene (3/1 from 5/2) was an alarming drifter on the exchanges a fortnight before the Festival. However, Mullins insist that Tony Bloom’s horse has just had a stone bruise. The bookies have Shishkin odds-on for success at a top-price 8/11 for some time now following his defeat of Energumene.
An epic encounter between those two in Clarence House Chase at Ascot in January, saw Shishkin battle back and maintain his unbeaten record over fences. Henderson’s latest superstar two-miler needed virtually every yard to get up and win by a length. Mullins has never won the Queen Mother Champion Chase, meanwhile, and that hoodoo may well continue.
Tingle Creek flops Chacun Pour Soi (15/2 from 12/1) and Nube Negra (18/1 from 12/1) come next in the betting. The belief among the top UK betting sites is that neither showed their true running at Sandown Park in December. That Grade 1 race went to Greaneteen, a notable defector for Paul Nicholls. Chacun Pour Soi won a third Dublin Chase at Leopardstown but must prove he travels to the UK.
De Bromhead runs both Envoi Allen and Put The Kettle On
Henry De Bromhead took this 12 months ago with Put The Kettle On (28/1) but she has been out of sorts in two starts this season. The history-making mare still has a four from five record at Cheltenham, however, and won the Arkle at a big price in 2020.
Powerful owners Cheveley Park Stud will want their high-profile horses kept apart, meanwhile, so Allaho was scratched early and is now primed for a defence of his Ryanair Chase crown instead and a hot favourite in the Cheltenham betting to do so. De Bromhead has Envoi Allen (12/1 from 28/1) engaged in their colours.
Nicholls, meanwhile, also has past race winner Politologue (66/1 from 20/1) as the only one of his initial entries still in the race. John Hales’ popular grey needs to roll back the years if he’s to land the Queen Mother Champion Chase odds but does go well fresh.
Funambule Sivola a market mover after Game Spirit success
Venetia Williams’ Funambule Sivola was cut by the bookies into 20/1 after pulling off one of his career best horse racing results in the Grade 2 Game Spirit Chase at Newbury. He beat last year’s winner and unlucky in-running Champion Chase fifth Sceau Royal on Super Saturday. Funambule Sivola still has to prove he can best Shishkin, however, and he’s now out to 28/1.
The remaining entries weren’t declared. As a championship race, a number of bookies have already offered Cheltenham Non Runner No Bet (NRNB) terms on this contest. Their ante post market does take the fact punters are guaranteed a run for their money or the stake back, though, so Queen Mother Champion Chase odds will be shorter than the best prices quoted here as a result.
Latest 2022 Queen Mother Champion Chase Entries
- Chacun Pour Soi (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Energumene (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Envoi Allen (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Funambule Sivola (Venetia Wlliams)
- Nube Negra (Dan Skelton)
- Politologue (Paul Nicholls)
- Shishkin (Nicky Henderson)
- Put The Kettle On (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
Queen Mother Champion Chase Defections
- Allaho (Willie Mullins, IRE)
- Allmankind (Dan Skelton)
- Battleoverdoyen (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Captain Guinness (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Dunvegan (Pat Fahy, IRE)
- Editeur Du Gite (Gary Moore)
- First Flow (Kim Bailey)
- Greaneteen (Paul Nicholls)
- Hardline (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Hitman (Paul Nicholls)
- Notebook (Henry De Bromhead, IRE)
- Rouge Vif (Paul Nicholls)
- Samcro (Gordon Elliott, IRE)
- Sceau Royal (Alan King)
- View the latest Champion Hurdle odds and betting on the road to Cheltenham
- Get a list of Paul Townend Cheltenham rides as he tries to be top Festival jockey once more
- Check out the horses that feature in Ruby Walsh tips for the Festival this year
- How about the Stayers Hurdle odds this year? It’s anybody’s race!
- See the best Rachael Blackmore Cheltenham rides she gets a leg up on at the big meeting
- Look at top Lydia Hislop tips on the Festival from the Racing TV presenter
- Current Cheltenham Gold Cup odds include some big names trained in Ireland
- Read up on Nico de Boinville Cheltenham rides like Shishkin
Not sure where to bet? Have a look at our list of the best horse racing betting sites.
Even more Cheltenham Festival content
- Looking to wager on Cheltenham? Have a look here for the best Cheltenham betting sites.
- Looking for bonuses? We selected the best Cheltenham free bets.
- You can find even more promo on our dedicated Cheltenham betting offers
- Use the highest odds and earn even more, have a look at the best Cheltenham odds.
- Not sure how to bet? Follow our expert betting tips and predictions about Cheltenham.
- You can find the last Cheltenham Festival results here.
Up for the Gold Cup? Read all about it
- Find Gold Cup free bets and deals that net new and existing customers bonuses
- Discover the top Gold Cup betting sites in the UK right now
- Want to know where the Gold Cup best odds are available? We can help
- Pick up some excellent Cheltenham Gold Cup offers our experts just had to share
- There are also Gold Cup tips on offer for those punters wanting to bet smarter
Looking to watch horse races online? Have a look at the best live horse racing streaming sites.