The horse racing NAP of the Day for Saturday, 8 October with SportsLens tipsters is Tuddenham Green. He makes his bow over obstacles in the opening 2m Champion Hats Juvenile hurdle at Chepstow (1:42). Next best is Epicetus, who steps up in grade for the 1m Group 3 Autumn Stakes at Newmarket (2:25).
Find out more about both of our experts’ Saturday selections from the best of today’s horse racing below. See the case in full for each:
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Tuddenham Green win?
Barbury Castle trainer Alan King has won the juvenile hurdle at Chepstow races today three times in the past. He’s also the go-to handler for many owners, including long-time stable supporters Simon Munir and Isaac Souede, for converting Flat horses to the National Hunt code. In TUDDENHAM GREEN, he has a Nathaniel gelding with good form on the level.
A staying on third at Haydock on his penultimate start, the front two have both come and out won since. The winner, Soulcombe, went on to land the Melrose Handicap at York’s Ebor Festival and earn an official rating of 97, so that race result looks particularly good. Tuddenham Green then filled the same spot at Sandown when stepped up to 1m 6f.
The fourth has won since, so again there’s some substance to the form. Tuddenham Green was again seeing out the race strongly, giving top betting sites every reason to believe he has the stamina required for jumps races. He just had to be our horse racing NAP of the Day for 8 October for a trainer who excels with juvenile hurdlers.
Epicetus NB in Autumn Stakes at Headquarters
Powerful owner George Strawbridge has had plenty of opportunities to run smart two-year-old prospect EPICETUS since his promising debut win 92 days ago. Trained by John and Thady Gosden, this Kingman colt returns to Newmarket races today upped in trip and class for the Group 3 Autumn Stakes.
A mile is the distance over which Epicetus’ sire excelled. He now tackles it for the first time after a very taking bow on the July Course. The third, fourth, fifth and sixth have all won since, so the form looks good to horse racing betting sites on that evidence. Frankie Dettori returns from suspension to take the ride on Epicetus, who looks to have been laid out for this.
With the yard winning yesterday’s feature race at this meeting, the Fillies’ Mile, the stable is still in good heart. Epicetus, who looks open to any amount of further progress, is thus our NB bet to the horse racing NAP of the Day today. A £10 punt on either with 888Sport qualifies new customers who sign up and put such a wager on for £40 in bonuses. Read on for more info on that…
888Sport New Customer Offer – Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets & £10 Casino Bonus
Here are all the finer details on the new customer betting offer at 888Sport. It’s a bet £10 and get £30 (+ £10 casino) welcome bonus deal available to any SportsLens readers that don’t have an account with this online bookie already.
Join 888Sport now using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10+ with a Debit Card. This payment option alone qualifies for funding the account if punters want to get the deal. Don’t use eWallets such as PayPal, Neteller, MuchBetter, Skrill and Paysafecard, as deposits via these methods will not unlock the offer.
Once punters fund the account correctly, put on £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Both our horse racing NAP of the Day and NB bet meet that. After the wager settles, punters receive 3x £10 free bets added to their 888Sport account automatically. Other terms and conditions apply to the £10 casino bonus.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Wager a tenner on either of our top horse racing bets today and new customers get £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. Follow these steps and claim this super offer right now:
- New customers sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10 (or more) with a Debit Card to the account (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10+ qualifying bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- After this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets credited automatically
- These free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim the £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Check out the latest horse racing betting tips on SportsLens right now:
- Get the lowdown on 2022 Dewhurst Stakes betting trends before taking a punt on this Group 1
- After another week with plenty of winners, read the Andrew Mount Saturday selections from our top tipster
- Look at Cesarewitch Handicap betting trends for Newmarket’s big field staying race on the Flat
- Jamie Clark provides punters with Chepstow racing tips and trends for today’s card including the Silver Trophy
- We’ve also got York racing tips and trends for their final meeting of the year on the Knavesmire
- Andy Newton puts us in the know about the key Cesarewitch weight trend for today’s big betting race
- Fans of horse racing spread betting have Spreadex analysis to look at with recommended buys and sells
- Don’t forget about Newmarket racing tips and trends either for day 2 of the Future Champions Festival