League One is the third tier of the English football pyramid. Featuring clubs from up and down the country, teams battle it out throughout the season in the hope of gaining promotion to The Championship. Despite not having the quality of the Premier League, League One betting is hugely popular, given the competitiveness of the competition. Regardless of which team you follow, be sure to check out our recommended betting sites. As part of our guide, we will also outline available betting markets, promotions and additional features.
Deposit £10, Get a £30 Free Bet
- All League One fixtures covered
- Easy Acca creation
- 10% Football Cashback
Bet £10 Get £50 In Bet Credits
- Brilliant 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout offer
- Live League One streaming
- Regular providers of Champions League betting offers
Bet £10 Get £60 In Bonuses
- Top League One betting odds
- Fantastic ongoing promotions
- Plenty of acca betting options
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- Pre-match, live and outright EFL League One markets
- Join the Acca Club for regular free bets
- Good iOS and Android apps
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- Get a free bet every single week
- Very good selection of Champions League betting offers
- Very good selection of Champions League betting offers
Free Bet Up to £25
- Acca Bonus for football
- League One betting offers
- League One betting offers
100% First Deposit Bonus Up To £50 +25 Spins
- Useful statistics for League One predictions
- Get regular free bets
- Daily enhanced odds deals
Bet £10 and Get £30 Free Bet
- Regular free bets
- More you play more rewards Programme available
- Quick withdrawals
Top 10 List of the Best League One Betting Sites in the UK 2022
- JeffBet – All League One fixtures covered
- Bet365 – Live League One streaming
- Betfred – Top League One betting odds
- BetUK – Pre-match, live and outright EFL League One markets
- BoyleSports – Instantly updated League One results page
- QuinnBet – League One betting offers
- 10Bet – Useful statistics for League One predictions
- 2KBet – Regular free bets
- Parimatch – Football League One bet builder feature
- William Hill – Leading outright League One betting odds
How We Rank League One Betting Sites
A huge number of bookies now cover League One fixtures. While the choice available to punters is generally considered a positive thing, it does make deciding where to carry out League One betting difficult. It is fair to say that we have only recommended the very best betting sites. When ranking betting sites, we consider the following factors:
- EFL League One Markets – Punters should have a host of options when it comes to League One betting. Betting on the result of a specific match will not do. Pre-match, live and outright markets are available on most sites. Popular markets include 1×2, both teams to score, total goals, first goalscorer and outright title winner. With excellent coverage of League One fixtures, it is JeffBet that scores the highest in this area.
- League One Betting Odds – It is important to know that you are taking advantage of nothing but the very best odds. Prices vary between bookies, with some being more attractive than others. Regularly offering the best League One betting odds and price boosts, Parimatch stands out in this area.
- Additional Features – Betting sites that feature live streaming, cash out, a bet builder and live chat support will likely appeal to punters in particular. Such features make betting on football even more attractive. Bet365 has an excellent reputation in this area, wth matches regularly being available to watch live.
- Payment Methods – Before placing a bet, punters must first deposit money. On the best betting sites, a variety of options are available, including debit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards. It is important to ensure that there is an option that suits you before signing up. Look at speed, security and usability. With a number of payment methods and quick withdrawals, Betfred is our no.1 pick here.
- Bonus Offers – When betting on League One football, a number of promotions will likely come into play. Of course, a welcome bonus or free bet is available to new customers. Meanwhile, price boosts, acca insurance, free bets and enhanced winnings offers are also available. Some are specific to League One matches, while others are more generic. QuinnBet is known for its variety of promotions, many of which are eligible to football fans.
League One Table 2022
League One features 24 clubs, with each playing a total of 46 matches. The League One table changes after each round, with teams earning three points for a win and one for a draw. Before placing any bet, be sure to take a close look at the standings. The table below shows League One winners, runners-up and top goalscorers over the last decade:
Milton Keynes Dons
League One Playoff Final 2022
The League One Playoffs conclude the season, deciding the third team that will be promoted to the Championship. Involving the clubs who finish the campaign in 3rd-6th, two-legged semi-finals are followed by the League One Playoff Final, held at Wembley Stadium. For the semi-finals, the 3rd place team will take on 6th, while 4th and 5th go head to head too.
Sunderland overcame Wycombe Wanderers in the 2022 League One Playoff Final, with the 2023 final scheduled for Sunday, 28th May. The League One Playoffs attract major interest from punters, with bets being accepted right up until the winner is crowned. Popular markets include the outright winner, 1×2, to win on penalties and the next team to score.
The Final itself is generally packed full of goals, with there having been just a single 0-0 draw since the format was launched in 1987. It is not necessarily the team that finished 3rd in the league table that will gain promotion either.
League One Betting Odds
League One betting odds differ between bookies. Whether it be pre-match, live or outright markets, a number of factors contribute to determine how prices are calculated. As a punter, you will wish to bet on the very best odds. In some cases, this means signing up with multiple bookies. The table below shows how odds can differ, specifically on the League One winner for the upcoming season:
League One Betting Predictions
League One is notoriously difficult to predict. However, ahead of the 22/23 saeson, there are some clubs that seemingly stand a better chance of achieving promotion than others. Let’s take a closer look at the favourites for the title at this time:
After being beaten in the League One Playoffs by Sunderland at the end of last season, Sheffield Wednesday are unsurprisingly the favourites for the title this time around. Darren Moore remains in charge, who has a hugely experienced playing squad to select from. Captain Barry Bannan remains the star of the show.
Despite having lost Wayne Rooney as manager, Derby County will be hoping to bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking. The likes of Jason Knight, Louie Sibley and Max Bird are among the best young players in League One, with the Rams have recently been taken over, spelling an end to their time in administration.
Ipswitch finished in a disappointing 11th position in League One last season. However, the team shows promise after the arrival of manager Kieran McKenna from Manchester United.The Tractor Boys undoubtedly has one of the best squads in the division. However, it remains to be seen as to whether Ipswitch can be consistent across the whole season.
Top League One Betting Tips
Like any form of gambling, there are no guarantees when it comes to League One betting. However, the following tips will give punters the best possible chance of beating the bookies:
League One Results and Live Betting
Also known as in-play, live betting is the preferred method of wagering for many. Each League One match can be bet on after kick-off. Based on what is taking place on the pitch, odds will grow and shorten. For live betting on League One, it is the following bookies that we recommend:
League One Results
There are a number of platforms where punters can view League One results. Many betting sites feature detailed results pages, where visitors can view scorelines from years gone by. Meanwhile, major sports broadcasters provide minute-by-minute updates, as well as full results pages.
League One Betting Offers
League One betting is made all the more appealing by promotions offered by online bookmakers. While offers specific to League One are rare, a number of promos are eligible to those following League One matches. Below are some of the standout offers available at our top ranked sites:
Bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout – Receive earnings early on your single bets in the event of your Championship pick going 2 goals ahead. Applies to pre-match bets only.
Betfred Double Delight & Hat Trick Heaven – Punters placing pre-match single bets on first goalscorer markets will receive payouts at double the odds if the player in question scores a double. Meanwhile, triple the winnings will be delivered should said player score a hat-trick.
Popular League One Betting Markets
While League One may not be on par with the Premier League in terms of finances or world class players, the same number of betting markets are generally available. As such, a wide variety of pre-match, in-play and outright betting options await punters. Below are some that stand out in particular:
The simplest method of betting is to simply wager on the result of a League One match. Home win, draw and away win are the three possible outcomes, meaning that you stand a good chance of backing a winner. For example, Lincoln City to beat Portsmouth. The margin of victory or total number of goals is not important. Covering all League One fixtures, JeffBet is our top pick for this market.
Betting on which player will score the opening goal of a game has long been a popular market for football fans. Whether you wish to back an in-form striker or a towering defender, odds are available on all players. For example, Josh Windass to score first when Sheffield Wednesday take on Fleetwood Town. BoyleSports offers this market on all matches.
If you are feeling confident about an upcoming fixture, you may wish to bet on the correct score market. Whether it be 2-1, 5-0 or 0-0, your selection must be 100% accurate at the full time whistle. Those who are successful will enjoy some generous returns, with this market being available at QuinnBet, among others.
Bets can also be placed on the number of goals scored during the 90 minutes. Punters can go for the exact number or over/under a specific figure. For example, over 3.5 goals in the upcoming clash between Bristol Rovers and Forest Green. Given the odds available, Betfred is our recommended bookie here.
Draw No Bet
Another increasingly popular market is Draw No Bet. Here, punters are effectively eliminating the possibility of their bet losing because the match ends in a draw. This is because if your bet does lose because of such a result, your stake is refunded. However, should your bet win, earnings are paid out as standard. BetUK is one of the many UK bookies offering Draw No Bet options.
Both Teams to Score
One of the simplest football markets to understand is BTTS. Punters must bet on “Yes” or “No” for both teams to find the back of the net during the 90 minutes.
Three possible outcomes can be bet on here. Using Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic as an example, the options will be Accrington Stanley-Charlton Athletic, Accrington Stanley or Draw and Charlton Athletic or Draw. Parimatch offers double chance on all EFL fixtures.
In terms of outright bets, wagering on which team will win the League One title is right up there. Available before the season starts, right up until the winner is crowned, odds fluctuate as League One results come in. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County and Ipswich Town are among the favourites ahead of the new season. 10Bet is one of the many bookies to offer outright title winner odds.
Will Keane scored 26 league goals for Wigan Athletic last season, the same number as Sunderland’s Ross Stewart. However, given Keane’s greater number of assists, it was he who was named as the League One top goalscorer. A bet on who will follow in his footsteps is once again likely to attract many, with William Hill offering generous odds.
Team to Be Relegated
As well as betting on the League One title winner, punters can also predict which teams will be relegated to League Two. Even before a ball has been kicked in anger, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Exeter seem the most likely candidates. 2KBet offers excellent odds on this outright market.
Final Thoughts on League One Football
It may not have the glitz and glamour of the Premier League, but League One football remains one of the most entertaining and competitive competitions in the country. Featuring the likes of Derby County, Ipswich Town and Sheffield Wednesday this year, bets on League One are set to be more common than ever. Take a closer look at our top ranked bookies for League One betting, claiming your welcome bonus when signing up!
League One Betting FAQs
When is the league one playoff final 2022?
The League One Playoff Final is scheduled for Sunday, 28th May 2023. Held at Wembley Stadium, the match will kick off at 3pm, with extra time and penalties being possibilities.
Where can I watch league one football and the league one final?
Matches are broadcast live by Sky Sports in the UK. Meanwhile, starting in the 22/23 season, ITV will show weekly highlights of League One games. On top of this, selected bookies offer live streaming, with a funded account or small qualifying bet being needed to gain access.
When do league one fixtures come out?
Fixtures are announced around a month before the season gets underway. In 2022, the complete schedule was made known on Thursday 23rd June at 9am. Meanwhile, the opening fixtures will take place on the 30th July.
What are the best league one betting sites in 2022?
League One betting is available with a large number of online bookies today. However, because of the number of available markets, promotions and features, it is the likes of JeffBet, Bet365 and Betfred that we rank the highest.
How many teams are promoted from League One to the Championship each season?
A total of three teams earn promotion at the end of each season. The top two teams in the League One table will go up automatically. Meanwhile, the winner of the League One Playoffs will also be promoted.
Can I place live bets on League One matches?
Yes! Live bets are available on all League One matches during the season. Punters can bet on the next goal scored, total goals and correct score, among other markets.