As time goes by, the world of eSports gets bigger and bigger. Professional video games are soon set to rival the reach and audience numbers that are commanded by traditional types of sports.
With the increase in attention on eSports, there has also been a demand for betting on these matches and events. This is why there are now many leading eSports betting sites available to bettors in the UK. These will cover all of the major eSports, including CS:GO, Dota 2, and League of Legends. This guide will look at everything you need to know when it comes to the best betting sites for eSports around.
Best eSports Betting Sites UK
Bet £10 Get £50 In Free Bets
- Very Good eSports Odds
- Hundreds of eSports markets available
- Strong on live eSports betting
Bet £10 Get £20 in Free Bets & £10 Winning Favourites Spread Free Bets
- Ideal Choice for eSports Betting Markets
- Live streaming of eSports matches
- Regular price boosts
£30 Matched Free Bet if your 1st Football Acca loses
- Comprehensive eSports Offering
- Huge collection of betting markets
- eSports-related promotions
£35 Free Bet + 10 Free Spins
- Highly competitive eSports odds
- Useful CS:GO statistics on offer
- Mobile betting app available
100% First Deposit Bonus Up To £50 +25 Spins
- 10+ CS:GO markets per match
- eSports handicap markets available
- Correct score & map betting available
Bet £10 Get £20 + Free Bet If 2nd To SP Fav
- eSports-related promotions
- Good selection of deposit options
- Great overage for major eSports tournaments
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- Great live eSports betting offering
- Depth of eSports markets
- Overwatch, Dota 2 & CS:GO betting available
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
- eSports betting special markets
- Excellent eSports odds
- Generous welcome bonus
Bet £10 Get £10 Free Bet + 20 Free Spins
- Huge range of eSports markets
- Array of ongoing promotions
- Some eSports bonuses
Top 10 eSports Betting Sites UK
Here is a quick look at the leading eSports betting sites in the UK:
- Bet365 – Very Good eSports Odds
- Spreadex – Ideal Choice for eSports Betting Markets
- Betway – Comprehensive eSports Offering
- QuinnBet – Huge Range of eSports Betting Markets
- 10Bet – High-Performance eSports Offering
- Boylesports – Many Promotions
- Virgin Bet – Excellent Mobile Offering
- Betfred – Top-Tier Range of Betting Markets
- VBet – Comprehensive eSports Offering
- Grosvenor Sport – Many Great Promotions
Top 5 eSports Betting Sites Reviewed
1. Bet365 – Very Good eSports Odds (Bet £10 Get £50 in Free Bets)
Bet365 is one of the biggest online sportsbooks in the world today and for good reason. It brings an extremely easy-to-use platform to the fore, allowing you to seamlessly place wagers as needed. It has started to invest more time in its eSports offering in recent years.
There is an impressive collection of markets available for you to check out. The odds are also some of the best around, and you can get access to tailored promotions from time to time. This is definitely one of the strongest eSports betting offerings on the market today when it comes to pure betting opportunities.
- Extensive range of markets
- Great odds
- Easy to use
- Regular bonuses and promotions
- Not the flashiest of sites
2. Spreadex – Ideal Choice for Live eSports Betting Markets (£35 in Free Bets)
Spreadex has an entire section dedicated to eSports betting on its website. You can choose from a great range of different pre-game and live betting markets. This includes coverage of popular eSports like League of Legends, Dota 2, and Call of Duty.
It also offers some of the most competitive odds for eSports betting that you will find. There are also extensive live streaming capabilities on offer to you. One of the big perks of having a Spreadex account is that you will often receive price boosts for leading eSports betting markets. You also have the choice between spread betting and fixed odds betting offerings.
- Live streaming of eSports matches
- Regular price boosts
- Simple to use platform for mobile and desktop
- Great coverage of eSports markets
- Spread betting can be dangerous
3. Betway – Comprehensive eSports Offering (Up to £30 in Free Bets)
There is a dedicated eSports section available for you to check out at Betway. You will instantly be met with a wide range of eSports-related promotions, including a free bet club. There is a huge range of different eSports offered, with the betting markets selection being among the best in the business.
You can live stream a large portion of the matches and you will get regular price boosts. When it comes to all-rounders, Betway is up there with the absolute best of them in the eSports betting space.
- Massive collection of betting markets
- eSports-related promotions
- Good coverage of live betting matches
- Plenty of live streaming options
- Odds are not always the most competitive
4. QuinnBet – Huge Range of eSports Betting Markets (Up to £50 in Free Bets)
While the initial focus of QuinnBet when it started was on horse racing, it now has a big focus on eSports betting. It covers many different markets, including Fortnite, League of Legends, and CS:GO.
There is a good depth of markets, particularly for the more high-profile matches. Certain matches also have live streaming capabilities. Another great aspect of using QuinnBet is that there is an ideal range of useful payment options available for you to use.
- eSports-related promotions
- Good selection of transaction options
- Certain eSports events available via live stream
- Great overage for major eSports tournaments
- Bonus offer wagering requirements can be a tad high
5. 10Bet – High-Performance eSports Offering (Up to £50 in Free Bets)
10bet is a global sportsbook that covers a wide range of sports, including eSports. It has one of the more impressive collections of different eSports available for you to bet on. One of its standout eSports offerings will be for CS:GO.
There will be daily live streams for eSports matches and there are also regular promotions available for you to take advantage of. With a good range of betting markets, it is hard to go wrong with choosing 10bet.
- Ability to live stream eSports matches
- Generous offers
- Great live betting offering
- Straightforward platform
- A lot of different menu options
How We Rank the Best eSports Betting Sites in the UK
In order to narrow down the list of options when it comes to eSports betting sites, it is important that an objective set of criteria are in place. This allows us to compare like for like and ultimately come to a decision as to which are the best eSports betting sites. Here are some of the key areas that are looked at:
- Range of eSports – There are many different types of eSports out there today. Some sites will only cover the major eSports such as Dota 2 and League of Legends, while others will have an extensive range of options that covers even the most niche of esports. You want to make sure that your favourite eSports will be covered. Betway has a great range of different eSports on offer to its bettor base.
- Depth of Markets – As well as having a broad range of different eSports to check out, we also want to see if there is a decent quantity of different betting markets that you can bet on. This means that you will have plenty of flexibility when it comes to placing wagers on a given event. Bet365 is a good bookie when it comes to its collection of eSports betting markets.
- Live Streaming – Most of the eSports action these days will be showcased via live streams. While these streams can often be accessed through popular streaming sites like Twitch, bettors find it useful being able to use any older or new betting site that has this feature. They can watch the action and quickly place bets in play. QuinnBet is a good bookie when it comes to eSports live streaming.
- Odds – While it is great having access to a broad range of eSports and markets, you also want to be maximizing your return from your wagers. Therefore, you want to be sure that you are dealing with an operator that offers competitive eSports betting odds. Bet365 is a site that often does quite well in this regard.
- Promotions – Another aspect to consider is the types of promotions that are on offer through a given betting site. There will usually be some type of bonus offer available when you are creating a new account, as well as regular promotions to keep existing bettors happy. Betway is a good option if you are looking for regular eSports-related bonuses.
How do eSports betting sites compare in terms of games covered
How do eSports betting sites compare to traditional bookies?
There are plenty of similarities between the operations of the leading eSports betting sites and traditional sports betting sites when it comes to their eSports betting offerings. However, there are also some stark differences to be aware of. Here is a look at how the two types of sites compare:
|Betting Markets||Dedicated eSports betting sites will usually have a greater range of different markets available to its bettor base. There will be a particular focus on prop bets.||For traditional sportsbooks, you will usually find that mainly the standard markets are covered but you will not really find any niche options.|
|Bonus Offers||You will often find eSports-related bonuses on these betting sites in the form of free bets and price boosts.||It can be quite rare for traditional sportsbooks to offer bonuses that relate specifically to eSports betting.|
|Odds||As there are often people with more knowledge setting the odds on these sites, you can often find better value as they will be more confident when offering attractive odds on certain markets.||With traditional sportsbooks, they often do not have the knowledge to properly price events. Therefore, they will often be quite conservative when it comes to the odds that they offer.|
|Payment Options||eSports betting sites will often accept likes of cryptocurrencies and skins as payment options, in addition to regular transaction types.||Traditional sportsbooks mainly will accept the likes of debit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets as payment options.|
Bet eSports’ biggest events
There are many major events and tournaments that take place each year in the eSports world. These are rapidly getting more and more mainstream attention thanks to the big audiences and massive prize pools. Here are some of the biggest eSports events to check out each and every year:
The International (Dota 2)
This is the final event of the Dota 2 season and it has one of the biggest prize purses in all of eSports. The developed of Dota 2, Valve, is the host of this event and there are teams from all corners of the world coming together to battle it out for the ultimate prize. The location of the tournament also changes on an annual basis, giving it a truly global feeling.
League of Legends World Championship (LoL)
This is the crown jewel of the League of Legends season and it is organized by Riot Games. The prize money bypasses the $2 million mark each year and the summoner’s cup is also there waiting to be lifted. There are always millions of people watching the tournament, showcasing its popularity. This event usually takes place over the course of a month and 24 teams compete against one another.
The Overwatch League
Blizzard Entertainment has developed a very popular game that is Overwatch. The eSports league for this popular game sees 20 teams fighting it out to get the ultimate prize. While recent versions of this league had to take place online due to the global pandemic, it is set to return to live venues again in the near future.
Fortnite World Cup
As the most popular battle royale game in the world, the Fortnite World Cup has garnered massive attention. There are two different events as part of this tournament. There is an event for solo players and one for the teams. Millions of people tune into the live streams to see the best of the best battle it out. Millions of dollars are up for grabs. While the 2020 and 2021 renewals were cancelled as a result of the pandemic, the 2022 Fortnite World Cup looks like it will be back better than ever.
eSports betting special markets
When it comes to eSports betting, there are plenty of different ways that you can place your wagers. This means that you can have a flexible strategy and follow an approach that makes the most sense for your preferences.
The standard type of eSports betting sees you placing typical types of bets on eSports matches and events. This includes the like of match-winner or game-winner markets, as well as over/under markets, prop bets, and futures betting. For the bigger matches, there will often be dozens of different markets on offer for you to choose from.
Spread betting is a bit different from what you get with fixed odds betting. It sees you getting a return or loss based on the scale of the victory. For example, if 100 Thieves wins a game against Evil Geniuses on a 3-0 scoreline, you will get a higher return than if the result was 3-2. SpreadEx is the leading spread betting site for bettors in the UK.
One of the popular ways in which people wager on eSports is by using in-game skins as the stake. There are usually different forms of weapon skins that can often be exchanged through in-game currency. There are not really any traditional betting sites that will offer skins betting, there will only be a few niche platforms that do.
Fantasy sports have been highly popular for many years, whether it is for the likes of the Premier League or the NFL. It is now making its way into the eSports space. You are able to build a roster of eSports talent and enter contests to compete for cash prizes. Some of these contests will be free to enter, while others require to pay an entry fee.
How to Bet on eSports
There is nothing too complex when it comes to placing an eSports bet. It is a similar process to placing a regular sports bet. However, we have provided you with a step-by-step guide in case you are completely new to online betting.
Step 1: Choose an eSport
Once you log into your respective online betting account, you can go to the eSports section and see which eSports are covered. You might want to choose Dota 2 and see what matches are currently available for you to bet on.
Step 2: Choose an Event
You will then want to choose a particular match to place your wagers on. Once you select the given matchup, you will then see all of the different betting markets that are available to you.
Step 3: Choose a Bet
You can then decide which of the betting markets appeals to you the most and you feel like will offer you the best chance of getting a return. To place the wager, you click on the odds for that given selection and it will be added to your betslip. You simply enter your preferred stake and then confirm the bet.
eSports Live Betting
Live betting on sport is massively popular as it gives you an extra level of flexibility with your overall strategy. This allows you to react to the action as it unfolds or to get a bet placed when you missed the opportunity to do so before it started.
Live betting has now entered the eSports betting sphere and is becoming increasingly popular. You can choose from a wide range of live betting markets usually on eSports matches. The odds will update in real-time to reflect the ongoing action.
Some of the most popular eSports live betting markets include match winner, over/under for kills, winner of the next round, and handicap betting. There are many great platforms that offer eSports live betting, including Betway.
eSports Betting Exchange
Exchange betting is a way that you can become the bookie if you wish and offer prices for certain events. If you think that Evil Geniuses is not going to win a game, you might offer attractive odds to any of your peers who wish to make the bet. Therefore, you can effectively lay the Evil Geniuses winning by doing so. Lay betting is a useful tool to have at your disposal.
You also have the option to be the backer and to place wagers on the odds being offered by others on the platform. You can often find more attractive odds for given market sand events on a betting exchange than a regular fixed odds sportsbook.
The one thing to be aware of is that you will usually get charged a small commission by the exchange when you have a winning bet. Betfair is by far and away the most popular betting exchange and it caters to eSports bettors. Here is a look at the eSports page on the Betfair exchange.
For the Rogue vs Funplus Phoenix matchup, you are able to back Rogue at odds of 3.25 or lay them at odds of 3.95. Otherwise, you could back Funplus Phoenix at 1.34 or lay them at 1.45. These are not out and out odds, but a showcasing of your liability.
If you back Funplus Phoenix at 1.34, a £1 stake would give you a £0.34 profit if they win the match. If you decide to lay Funplus Phoenix at 1.45 and they lose the matchup, you will get a profit of £0.45 from a £1 stake.
If you require a further explanation of how the betting exchange works, you will be able to find detailed step-by-step guides on the exchange website.
eSports Betting Offers
Every bettor enjoys getting their hands on different types of bonus offers. These can be a great way to boost your account balance and to try out different markets while having lower risk on board. There are some leading sports betting sites that have eSports-related bonus offers. Here is a look at some of the standout ones:
5 Ultimate eSports Betting Tips
It is a good idea to have a plan in place when you are getting started with eSports betting. This allows you to put yourself in a strong position that can allow you to potentially profit from your wagering. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you are betting on eSports:
Best eSports Betting Odds
While there is not going to be a single site that consistently offers the best odds for every market, there are those platforms that generally have decent odds. By making sure that you get the best odds for a given bet, you will be maximizing your return with each and every successful wager. Here are a few of the leading eSports betting sites when it comes to the odds that are offered:
- Bet365 – Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets
- Betway – Up to £30 in Free Bets
- QuinnBet – Up to £50 in Free Bets
There are a whole lot of eSports betting UK options for you to check out. Now that you have become more familiar with what is eSports betting, you will be able to get started with one of the leading UK eSports betting sites. You can get your hands on a great welcome offer and start placing all types of wagers as you please.
How popular is eSports betting UK?
There is a growing trend of people embracing sports betting in the UK. As these eSports grow and get more attention there are only going to be more people who are placing wagers on the outcomes of the games.
Can you place eSports bets via mobile devices?
Yes, there will often be an eSports betting app for you to download when it comes to a given offering. If not, there will usually be the option to use the browser-based mobile website to place your bets.
What is the best eSports betting site?
There is no one size fits all answer to this question. People will have their own preferences when it comes to eSports betting sites UK and they need to prioritize what they want to see the most in a given platform before making a choice.
Can I watch eSports matches online?
There are many leading eSports betting sites UK that allow you to live stream eSports events. There are also the likes of YouTube and Twitch which regularly live stream eSports matches.
What are the most popular eSports for betting purposes?
There are many popular eSports in this regard. CS:GO esports betting, LoL esports betting, and FIFA eSports betting are some of the most popular options in the UK.