The English League Cup (EFL Cup) is one of the main football cup competitions that takes place each year in the UK. Its name currently is the Carabao Cup for sponsorship reasons and it is under the organisation of the English Football League. Any team that likes in the first four divisions of English football can play in the English League Cup.
Certain teams have dominated the event over the years, but surprises are often not far away. This English League Cup 2022 betting guide will look at all aspects of the English League Cup. This includes English League Cup predictions, odds, and fixtures. You’ll then be ready to start your own journey of betting on the English football league cup.
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets
- Top Quality Promotions
- Join the Acca Club for regular free bets
- Good iOS and Android apps
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus
- Great all-round bookie with great reputation
- Generous welcome offer and ongoing promotions
- Featuring a fantastic mobile football betting app
50% first deposit bonus up to £50
- Useful statistics and easy-to-use platform
- Get regular free bets
- Get regular free bets
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
- Offering high win limits to cater to bettors
- Top live betting options
- Plenty of acca betting options
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
- Hundreds of pre-match in-play betting markets
- Fast and Secure payouts
- Weekly football offers
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- Many in-play betting markets available
- Low €5 minimum deposit
- Daily Price Boosts and Regular free bets
Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
- Enormous range of betting markets
- Football cashback offers
- Competitive leaderboard competitions
Bet £10 and Get £30 Free Bet
- Regular free bets
- Strong in-play betting
- Quick withdrawals
Top 10 List of the Best English League Cup Betting Sites in the UK 2022
- BetUK: Quality promotions
- 888sport: Best reputation
- 10Bet: Easy-to-use platform
- Betfred: Top live betting
- SportNation: Weekly football offers
- Virgin Bet: Regular free bets
- Bet Storm: Good range of bet options
- 2KBet: Strong in-play betting
- BetDuel: Solid offers
- PariMatch: Huge range of football markets
How We Rank English League Cup Sites
There is an almost endless list of different betting sites for you to choose from if you a relooking to engage in betting on English League Cup fixtures. However, not every platform is going to be a good fit for your needs. Each site will have its own strengths and weaknesses to bring into consideration.
Our expert team takes a very comprehensive look at each of the sites. There are certain areas in particular that the team focuses in on. Here are those key parameters when it comes to an English League Cup fixtures betting site:
- Range of EFL Cup Markets: The first port of call will be making sure that all of the operators on a list actually offer betting on Carabao Cup fixtures. This will almost always be the case. Then the next step is making sure that there is a nicely varied range of different markets to place bets on. This gives you the ultimate level of flexibility when it comes to the types of wagers you are looking to place on EFL Cup fixtures. Recommended Site: BetUK
- Live Betting: There are many people these days who solely focus on placing in-play bets. This allows them to get in on the action after Carabao Cup fixtures have kicked off. You can spot potentially decent opportunities to make some money as a result of live betting. There are also great markets on offer in this regard, with the odds quickly updating in real-time. Recommended Site: 888sport
- English League Cup Odds: You’re not going to find one single platform that always has the best EFL Cup odds. However, there are certain sites that will generally have better Carabao Cup odds than other platforms. Making sure that you’re getting the best bang for your buck is essential when betting on English League Cup results. Recommended Site: 10Bet
- Collection of Offers: All bettors enjoy making the most out of free bet offers and other kinds of promotions. Some of the leading sites will have English League Cup final promotions or general deals that are applicable for football matches. This can see you getting the likes of money back on losing bets, insurance on accumulators, and English League Cup odds boosts. Recommended Site: Betfred
- User Experience: Everyone wants to be able to have a seamless time when they are utilizing a given betting site. This means that everything is nicely laid out, allowing you to find the English League Cup fixtures to bet on quickly and easily. The betting system should be straightforward, while no issue should exist when conducting transactions. This relates to desktop and mobile betting. Recommended Site: BetDuel
- Special Features: A lot of people want to have access to the latest and greatest types of betting features. Live streaming is now a staple for a lot of sportsbooks. Often is the time that you can watch live streams of English League Cup fixtures. There are also betting features like bet builders and cash-out that will be an important consideration. Recommended Site: PariMatch
- Payment Options: If you are using a betting site, you will likely want to quickly be able to add funds to the account and withdraw winnings as quickly as possible. Different operators will have their own processing speeds and fee structures for you to consider. You want to find an operator that has fast payouts and no fees in place for transactions. Recommended Site: Sport Nation
English League Cup Odds
Every year, there is always a lot of talk at the start of the season as to what teams will be in contention for each of the major tournaments, such as the Premier League, FA Cup, and the EFL Cup. The odds will be compiled right off the bat for the bookmakers, with the operators ranking their perceived favourites for the EFL Cup final winners.
Manchester City have been very dominant in this competition for the past ten years, but they have not always had it their own way. Surprises are often seen throughout the various stages of the competition, which only adds to the level of excitement.
You will be able to find Carabao Cup odds on more or less every leading football betting site. This allows you to bet on what team you think will ultimately win the Carabao Cup final. There will often be other types of markets available, including the top goal scorer in the competition.
With each English League Cup draw, the odds will get updated to reflect the latest English League Cup fixtures. The English League Cup draw is always highly anticipated for this exact reason. You can keep an eye on the fixtures and make suitable bets from there.
There might be cases whereby different bookmakers will have the best odds for certain types of English League Cup results markets. Therefore, you can shop around for the best EFL Cup odds in order to get the most out of your bets. You can also use an odds checker platform in order to see where you can get the best Carabao Cup odds for different types of wagers. Here is a look at the current English League Cup 2022 odds:
League Cup Final Betting
There is always a lot of attention placed on the English League Cup final each year. It is because there are always two teams taking part that are within touching distance of winning a major trophy. While some of the bigger teams in English football have dominated the EFL Cup final in recent years, there are often some dark horses that make it through and give a good account of themselves in the Carabao Cup final.
There are all of the usual types of betting markets on offer for the English League Cup final. You’ll also often find a few additional markets that won’t be seen in the early rounds of EFL Cup fixtures. For example, you will often have a separate market to bet on a certain team lifting the trophy.
If you just back a team in a regular match winner bet, the bet will be a loser if the teams remain level after 90 mins. There will also be markets relating to the potential for extra time and penalties. Therefore, bettors have plenty to keep themselves busy with when it comes to English League Cup final betting.
Top English League Cup Tips
The business of trying to make accurate English League Cup predictions is a hard one. There are always people who claim to have cracked the code and know exactly what is going to happen. However, this is not the case in reality. There are ways to potentially boost your chances of being a successful English League Cup winners bettor. Here are a few tips that might come in handy:
Popular English League Cup Markets
When it comes to betting on the English League Cup, there is usually going to be no shortage of different options for you to choose between. You will have everything from future markets to in-depth markets for each and every one of the English League Cup fixtures. Here are some of the types of markets that get the most attention:
English League Cup Winners
The core type of betting markets is when you try to predict who will be the English League Cup winners outright. This is quite simply a wager on a club to win the competition as a whole. In other words, you will be betting on a given team to come out on top in the EFL Cup final. Head on over to Betway for some sweet outright odds on this compeittion.
English League Cup Top Scorer
Similar to betting on what team you think will be the English League Cup winners, you can also often bet on what player you think will finish the competition as the top scorer.
You will be able to place bets on individual teams winning specific games. This is the most basic type of betting markets for a given match. You also have the ability to bet on the draw if you think that’ll be the final outcome. Seek out SportNation for some great game winner (in 90 minutes) odds for League Cup ties.
Handicap betting markets are available for English League Cup fixtures allowing you to make the odds a bit more enticing for strong favourites. This is achieved by applying a pre-game handicap of a certain amount of goals on the favourite. Check out bet365 for some superb handicap betting options.
There will be different types of goalscorer markets available for English League Cup games. You can wager on who you think will score the first, last, or anytime goal. BetDuel are well worth a look for their goalscorer markets.
While it can be difficult to predict English League Cup scores, you can give it a go. If you manage to get it right, there are some nice rewards for betting on the right English League Cup scores. Over at 888sport, there are some cracking correct score odds available.
Both Teams to Score
Another popular type of markets for English League Cup scores is when you bet on both participants to score during the game. If you think both teams won’t score, you can also bet on that option. Both teams to score, or BTTS for short, is a market speciality at Betfred, the Bonus King!
There are often plenty of goals in EFL Cup fixtures, which is why a lot of people will look at the over/under goals markets. These can be for the individual teams in a fixture or for the total game as a whole. BetUK gets our recommendation for this type of wager.
To Lift the Cup
When it comes to the English League Cup 2022, you will be able to bet on who you think will win the game in 90 minutes or you can wager on who you think will ultimately lift the trophy. The difference here is that you will not get a payout on your game winner bet if the fixture finishes level after 90 minutes. 2kBet have plenty going for them in this market.
Most games will some sort of specialty betting markets available for you to check out. These can relate to the number of cards that might be handed out during a game or how many corners a given team will have. When it comes to specials, Parimatch have got you covered!
English League Cup Offers
Nearly every type of betting site is going to make sure that there is a good range of different betting offers available to customers. Welcome deals are a good way to entice people into signing up for an account with a given operator. Then the sportsbook will often provide regular offers of the current user base in order to keep them coming back again and again.
These offers come in a lot of different forms. Some will relate specifically to English League Cup results, while others will be generic offers. Some of the deals you will likely come across will be free bets, risk-free bets, accumulator insurance, boosted odds, and reload bonuses.
You can leverage these various types of deals to your English League Cup betting in whatever way you see fit. This can ultimately help you to achieve a better result from your betting and help you to become profitable.
League Cup Draws
There are 92 clubs as part of the English League Cup draws every season. This represents the teams that make up the top four divisions of league football in England. It is a knockout tournament that is under the organization of the English Football League.
The first iteration of the English League Cup took place in the 1960/1961 season and it is one of the three major competitions in English football, alongside the FA Cup and the Premier League. The competition usually comes to an end in February, well in advance of the culmination of the other two competitions.
As part of the English Football league cup draw Cup draws, there are a total of seven rounds. All of the fixtures are single-leg affairs except for the semi-finals. Every year, the EFL Cup final takes place in Wembley Stadium, which is the only time there is a neutral venue in the competition and when it takes place on a weekend.
For the beginning rounds, the Carabao Cup draws will be divided into North and South sections. Whoever is the English League Cup winners, they will get a place in the UEFA Europa Conference League if they do not already have a place in a European competition.
English League Cup Predictions
Every year, there is a lot of talk about who is ultimately going to win the English League Cup. Manchester City have dominated the competition in recent years, but Liverpool upset the odds last year by lifting the trophy. It is hard to see past these two teams when all is said and done.
However, with the World Cup taking place during the season this time around, there could be strains on the squads of the more established teams. This could present opportunities for the smaller clubs who will be able to put out stronger sides during the English League Cup fixtures. As a result, it would not be surprising to see one or two dark horses making the Carabao Cup final in 2022.
Previous League Cup Winners
|2020/2021||Manchester City||Tottenham Hotspur|
|2019/2020||Manchester City||Aston Villa|
English League Cup Sites & Live Streaming
One of the great perks of some of the leading English League Cup betting sites is that they offer live streaming for certain EFL Cup fixtures. This means that you can tune into the action and see how your bets are doing. Not every operator will offer such a service. The qualifying requirements to get access to a stream can also vary.
For example, certain platforms will just need you to have an active account in order to view certain streams, while others need you to have placed a bet on the given event in order to gain access. Whatever the case may be, live streaming is a very useful tool when it comes to sports betting sites. Failing that, you can usually get access to English League Cup live scores through most platforms.
The English League Cup is a very popular competition in English football, with many clubs always battling it out in order to be crowned as the champion. As a result of this level of interest and the great excitement associated with games, there are always going to be plenty of betting opportunities open to you. Signing up to a betting site takes only a minute or two, so you can be betting on your favourite teams in little or no time at all.
What is the League Cup in English football?
The English League Cup is one of the three major football competitions in England, taking place every year. It contains teams from the top four flights of English football.
Where can I watch the English League Cup live?
The English League Cup will be available to view on many television networks, as well as often being viewable through certain live streams on betting sites.
Which team has the most English League Cup wins?
Liverpool currently has won the English League Cup on the most occasions, having been the English League Cup winners on nine occasions.
When is the English League Cup final?
The English League Cup final usually takes place in February.
When is the Carabao Cup draw?
The English League Cup draw usually takes place in the autumn time as the season starts to get underway once again.
What is the EFL Cup?
The English Football League Cup is also known as the English League Cup or the Carabao Cup.