Having the option to deposit minimal amounts of money is crucial to the needs of many sports bettors. For some, betting is just about the thrill of winning without the need for risking substantial amounts of cash. More serious sports bettors may want to test out a new betting strategy with minimal betting amounts before upping their stakes. £10 seems a common minimal deposit for many online sports betting sites, but some have reduced that limit to a mere fiver. Here at Sportslens we are going to educate you all about the best minimum £5 deposit betting sites available in the UK today. We’ll also explain how new players can take advantage of the best betting sites with a minimum £5 deposit limit.
Bet £10 and Get a £20 Surprise Bet
- New Site With Daily Bet Boosts
- Mobile first sportsbook
- Unique Kwiff Boosts on Random Bets
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
- Good site and apps for live streaming
- Best Odds Guaranteed On Events
- Weekly Free Bet Club
Bet £10 Get £20 in Free Bets & £10 Winning Favourites Spread Free Bets
- Number one spread betting site in the UK
- Superb In Play Betting
- No minimum deposit required
£20 Cash Back If 1st Bet is Lost
- Superb site for quirky bet offers
- Huge range of markets
- Regular free bets and offers for existing customers
£35 Free Bet + 10 Free Spins
- Excellent new site based in Ireland
- Large number of ongoing promotions
- Horse Racing and Greyhounds Live Streaming Available
Treble Odds for First Bet
- Top site that simply oozes class
- Hugely reputable brand
- Mobile exclusive free bets and offers
Up To 30% On Your Accumulators
- Brilliant site if you love horse racing betting
- Unique range of promotions and free bets
- Impressive In Play Betting Offering
Top 10 Online British Bookies Minimum £5 Deposit
- Kwiff – Newish site with daily bet boosts
- Betfred – Good site and apps for live streaming
- Spreadex – Number one spread betting site in the UK
- William Hill – Longest-established bookmaker on our list
- Paddy Power – Superb site for quirky bet offers
- QuinnBet – Excellent new site based in Ireland
- Parimatch – Another excellent newcomer to the UK betting arena
- Grosvenor Sports – Top site that simply oozes class
- Hollywood Bets – Brilliant site if you love horse racing betting
- Virgin Bet – Famous UK brand, top sports betting site
How We Rank the Best £5 Minimum Deposit Betting Sites
An increasing number of online sports books have dropped their minimum deposit amount from the industry standard £10 to a more customer-pleasing £5. However, this does not mean you should automatically sign up for any site that is included in a list of 5 pound deposit betting sites. Stick to the onse we recommended here are you’ll be fine, though.
You may ask why you should trust our opinions – well here are some reasons why. We present to you the criteria we specifically review when evaluating minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites.
- Safety – You’re more likely to lose money online now than you are to have it stolen (who carries cash these days anyhow?). This is why high levels of data encryption are a must at any site we look at. If the site doesn’t take customer data protection seriously, then it ain’t going to make our list – it really is as simple as that. William Hill is a fine example of a highly secure site.
- Minimum Bets – There is no point being included in the list of betting sites with 5 minimum deposit if your site has a high minimum bet level. Sites that insist on bets as high as £1 are a no-no for us. We like sites such as Spreadex where you can bet as much as a penny if such a thing floats your sports betting boat!
- Payment Methods – Some sites are minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites but they restrict that minimum to specific payment methods, such as debit cards. We prefer sites that do not put such restrictions in place, and also have a large number of available deposit methods. Betfred is one site that has a large number of alternatives when it comes to making deposits.
- Markets – Again, we like betting sites with a £5 minimum deposit limit that do not have restrictions in place for markets that you can use your five pound deposits on. We of course also love 5 pound deposit betting sites, such as Kwiff, that have a large number of markets, from football to eSports and beyond!
- Odds – Most betting sites with 5 minimum deposit do now offer competitive odds, but if we find a site that is failing to offer the most competitive odds to its customers, then it’s not going to get a thumbs up from us. The odds determine how much winning bets return, after all. Paddy Power is a great example of a site that has very competitive odds.
- Additional Features – Having low deposit limits, competitive odds and a decent array of markets and payment methods is not the be all and end all of even the safest minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites. We like minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites that have extra features such as bet builders, live streaming and superb mobile apps. QuinnBet is a site that ticks all those boxes, for example.
Low Stake Bookies
|Bookmaker||Minimum Bet||Minimum Deposit||Deposit Time|
Best Deposit Methods for Low Stakes
The most common way of making a deposit at a sports betting site is by a debit card. Here we are going to explore the benefits (and any detriments) of making low value deposits at betting sites with £5 minimum deposit using a debit card, while exploring some alternatives:
- Debit Card – If you are new to betting online, then you might be surprised to learn that you cannot make payments via a credit card. Credit card use for betting was banned in April 2020 to stop problem gamblers from running up extensive credit bills. You can of course use Visa or MasterCard debit cards at betting sites that let you deposit less than £5, as many people do.
- PayPal – PayPal initially had no problem with punters using their services to make sports betting deposits (no matter how small or large) but in the 2000s had a change of heart … and changed their minds again in the 2010s. Now there are plenty of online bookies in the UK that use PayPal as a legitimate financial services provider.
- Skrill – Skrill is an eWallet like PayPal that is run in precisely the same way as its larger rival. You can use Skrill with ease at many minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites in the UK but please be aware, you are usually banned from using a Skrill deposit to claim a bonus. This is to stop people opening multiple Skrill accounts and claiming the same bonus at betting sites with 5 minimum deposit multiple times.
- Neteller – Neteller is identical to Skrill and is actually owned by the same company – Paysafe Group. Neteller was initially founded to help poker players in the US to fund their poker accounts, but it has gone on to expand greatly beyond that. Most UK minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites now accept deposits via Neteller.
- Paysafecard – A Paysafecard is actually a voucher that you purchase at a real-world retailer that enables you to spend the value of the voucher you buy online. A large number of minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites will accept Paysafecard deposits, but this payment method is unsuitable for withdrawals.
- Pay By Phone – There are a number of betting sites with £5 minimum deposit that now exist that allow you to make online payments using your supplier tarrif phone bill. There are two things you need to know about this payment method – you are limited to deposits not exceeding £30 per day, and you cannot make withdrawals using this method.
- Bitcoin – For complete anonymity you could use Bitcoin or some other cryptocurrency to make deposits and withdrawals at online casinos, but the number of betting sites that let you deposit less than £5 so far embracing non-fiat currencies is low.
While it may look a great deal on the surface, there are some aspects of minimum deposits and stakes that you need to be aware of. For example, it’s unlikely that a minimum deposit of a fiver will be enough to qualify you for a deposit bonus, and especially a welcome bonus. The most common minimum deposit figure for a welcome bonus is £20.
Low stakes are also unlikely to be much use for meeting bonus wagering requirements. You will find in the T&Cs of the betting offers that wagering has a minimum stake value, and that wagers below this value do not qualify for wagering requirement purposes. In addition, minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites with live streaming may have a minimum bet amount that is required for you to place before you can watch the stream. Don’t expect to be able to watch a live stream if you just make a single penny bet!
How to Turn a Small Stake Wager Into a Big Win at £5 Min Deposit Betting Sites
One of the best aspects of minimal stakes is that they allow you to have a bit of extra excitement without risking a whole heap of your wages. With low stakes, it is more the sense of achievement than winning oodles of cash that’s the charm. With low stake wins you may be able to buy a yacht, but only the kind you can play with in the bath!
Here are some ways you may be able to turn your low stakes into high returns at minimum £ 5 pound deposit betting sites if Lady Luck decides to smile upon you.
An acca is simply a way of chaining lots of little bets together so – if they should all come up – your tiny stake becomes a tidy return. The winnings from your first bet become the stake to your second, and so on. It doesn’t matter the order in which the events take place, or even if some events take place at the same time – your returns will always be the same.
If you are betting on five events then you may as well place a smaller acca on too. This is to stop you for having to kick yourself if all five bets are winners!
Some betting sites with 5 minimum deposit will allow you to insure your accas too, meaning you’ll get your stake back as a free bet should your acca fail by one selection.
System (Parlay) Bets
A system bet (known as a Parlay bet in the US) is one that includes multiple bets on the same selections. For a Yankee bet, for example, the total number of bets is four selections and includes one acca, four trebles and six doubles. Using small stakes for a system bet means you will win something decent if all your selections come in, and you will at least get something back if one or two of your selections are losers. You can of course enhance systems bets with singles too, although some system bets do include singles as well.
Go for the Underdog
The favourite wins a sporting contest around 70-80 percent of the time, but not always. There is nothing to stop you placing a low-stakes bet on an underdog at minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites and hoping for an upset. If you bet on five events and the underdog wins in two or three of them, then you are going to end up in the black.
You could also get your crystal ball out as true upsets do happen, such as Leicester City winning the 2015-16 EPL, Emma Raducanu winning the 2021 US Open, tiny Moldovan side FC Sheriff beating Real Madrid at the Bernabéu in the UCL (also in 2021) or the Scottish national football team winning any football match, ever.
Does a £5 Deposit Qualify For a Welcome Bonus?
All bookies offer welcome bonuses, but one stipulation is that you have to make a minimum initial deposit to qualify for the bonus. Even at minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites, it’s a sad fact of life that a deposit as low as a fiver is unlikely to qualify for a deposit bonus.
Here, for your convenience, is a complete list of our favoured betting sites with £5 minimum deposit and the minimum amount required to triggered their welcome offer (which we have also listed).
|Kwiff||£20 Surprise Bet||£10||None|
|Betfred||£40 in Free Bets||£20||None|
|Spreadex||£35 in Free Bets||£25||None|
|William Hill||£30 in Free Bets||£10||None|
|Paddy Power||£10 Risk Free Bet||£10||None|
|QuinnBet||£25 Free Bet||No minimum||None|
|Parimatch||£30 in Free Bets||£5||20x|
|Grosvenor Sports||x2 Odds on First Bet||£10||None|
|Hollywood Bets||£10 in Free Bets||£20||None|
|Virgin Bet||£20 in Free Bets||£10||None|
Minimum Withdrawals at £ 5 Deposit Betting Sites
If a site has a minimum deposit limit of £5, then you would assume that it has a minimum withdrawal limit of £5 too. Sadly, this is not always the case. Some betting sites that let you deposit less than £5 have much higher withdrawal limits than deposit limits, and some even charge fees for withdrawing!
As we are your best buddies when it comes to minimum £ 5 deposit betting sites, we’ve gone through each of our recommended sites and investigated what each has set as the minimum withdrawal limit, how long your withdrawal will take and if any fees are charged. All this valuable information is presented below:
|Bookmaker||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time
|Kwiff||£5||Instant to 5 days||None|
|Betfred||£5||1 to 3 days||None|
|Spreadex||£50||2 to 5 days||None|
|William Hill||£5||1 to 5 days||None|
|Paddy Power||£10||1 to 5 days||None|
|QuinnBet||£10||Instant to 5 days||None|
|Parimatch||£5||Instant to 5 days||None|
|Grosvenor Sports||£10||1 to 3 days||None|
|Hollywood Bets||£10||1 to 5 days||None|
|Virgin Bet||£10||1 to 4 days||None|
Sports Betting Sites with No Minimum Deposit
You may think that minimum deposit limits are slightly odd. Imagine nipping to your local mini supermarket for a lunchtime sandwich, bag of crisps and can of fizzy beverage and being told that you could not leave with your purchases until you had spent a fiver. That would not be tolerated in the real world, so why is it tolerated at online sports books? Are there any no minimum deposit betting sites?
Setting a minimum deposit amount is something sports books do because then that money is sitting in your account and the sports book can earn interest from it. Online sports books are not free to run – employees need to be paid as do service providers, and then there is hosting and bandwidth. It all soon adds up. If every customer at an online sports book even just broke even, then the sports book would soon be operating at a loss and would eventually close.
In addition, when the sports book gets your £5, they don’t actually get £5 – they have to pay a little of that to the financial services provider that enacted the transfer and make up the rest from their own funds. Setting a reasonable deposit limit helps minimise the losses the online sports book makes.
It would be nice if at least a few sites adopted a ‘no deposit limit’ policy, but the arrival of no minimum deposit betting sites with no deposit limits is not likely to occur any day soon!
If we were to create a list of sports betting sites with no minimum deposit, it would only contain one entry – Spreadex. It should not really be in any list of no deposit betting sites, as you cannot place a no deposit bet there. Spreadex is a spread betting site, so you need to maintain a funded account there as your losses could end up being greater than any stake you make. You must have a funded account there to wager, so making a no deposit bet is not possible, so in reality, no deposit betting sites do not exist.
It would also be nice if min deposit 1 pound betting sites existed too, but for the same reasons as explained above, a min deposit 1 pound betting site would be a different site to make profitable.
Bottom Line on £5 Minimum Deposit Betting Sites
There’s a lot to said about betting with low stakes. Betting is actually safer and more entertaining if you are not risking large amounts of money. True, you will not win a fortunate, but then you will not lose a fortune either. If do you turn out to be a decent sports betting expert, then you can slowly increase your stakes until you are winning a steady stream of sports betting income.
To get you started, check out all the minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites mentioned on this page. They all get a thumbs up from us, and are excellent places at which to begin your betting sites with 5 minimum deposit experience.
Minimum £5 Deposit Betting Sites FAQs
Which are the best minimum 5 pound deposit betting sites available in the UK?”
We have listed our top 10 online british bookies with £5 minimum deposit on this page, and any site mentioned is worthy of your custom. We have selected Kwiff as our number one, but make sure you check the other sites on our list too.
Do sports betting sites accept deposits that are less than £5?
Some do, but you will be hard-pressed to find them. Five pounds is practically as low as you can go.
Can deposits as low as £5 be made using PayPal?
Indeed so, although as PayPal is an eWallet, some betting sites that let you deposit less than £5 may up that limit to £10. Make sure you check the site before you sign up.
How can I be sure that a £5 minimum deposit betting site is safe?
Stick to the sites listed on this page. They have all been examined in detail by our experts and we can confirm them to be safe and legitimate.
What is the minimum stake that’s accepted by UK bookmakers?
That varies, but the standard is usually £0.10. Some sites will drop that to £0.05, while others will allow you to place bets as little as a penny.