Kicking off a new month on Saturday, 1 October, the horse racing NAP of the Day, according to SportsLens experts, is Hamish. He drops back in trip for the 1m 4f Group 3 Cumberland Lodge Stakes at Ascot this afternoon (2:25). William Haggas’ runner appeals at fine 5/4 odds here.
Effective in horse racing events with cut in the ground, Hamish will relish today’s good to soft going. With further showers forecast in Berkshire, every drop of rain that falls only enhances his chances. This six-year-old Motivator gelding is thus our horse racing NAP of the Day today. Read more reasons to back him below…
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Hamish win?
Despite giving weight all-round here, Hamish has his conditions at Ascot races today and needs soft ground. While we haven’t seen a lot of him over the last couple of years, he’s a proven performer in this grade with two career Group 3 successes. Hamish also stays further, so won’t be lacking in stamina.
His neck victory over Hukum in the September Stakes at Kempton last year is a piece of form and horse racing result that reads well. The runner-up went on to land this race 12 months ago, then a Group 2 at Meydan and score at the highest level this summer. Hamish has also held his own in staying races since that victory.
Far from disgraced when fourth behind old rival Trueshan and Stradivarius in the Long Distance Cup here, he then resumed winning ways on reappearance at Chester. A comfortable victor in the Group 3 Ormonde Stakes at the May Festival at the Roodee, the best betting sites foolishly underestimated Hamish in the market. He ran out a cosy three-quarters of a length winner over Thunderous.
A horse racing NAP of the Day with proven form in this grade
The runner-up has since filled the same spot in the Yorkshire Cup in a higher grade and Newmarket’s Jockey Club Rose Bowl. Hamish then split this season’s champion stayer elect Kyprios and dual race winner Search For A Song when a gallant second in the Irish St Leger. A repeat of that effort here wins this hands down, and horse racing betting sites know it.
With Pat Dobbs, who has won on his only previous start aboard Hamish, back in saddle and on a profitable 24 per cent career strike rate when Haggas puts him up, this combination just had to be our horse racing NAP of the Day for 1 October. A £10 punt on them with 888Sport returns £22.50 if Hamish goes one better. New customers who join and place such a wager qualify for £40 in bonuses with further details below…
Other Horse Racing Tips Today
Our experts also have a couple of fancies in France at Longchamp today:
- 1:33 Longchamp – JANNAH FLOWER (E/W) in the Prix Royallieu @ 14/1 with with 888Sport
- 4:35 Longchamp – THE REVENANT (NB) in the Prix Daniel Wildenstein @ 11/4 with with 888Sport
888Sport New Customer Offer – Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets & £10 Casino Bonus
We’ve got more info about that new customer betting offer available at 888Sport. This is a bet £10 and get £30 (+ £10 casino) welcome bonus deal open to all SportsLens readers who don’t have an account with this online bookie already.
Sign up to 888Sport today using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10+ via Debit Card. Only this payment option qualifies for funding the account if punters want to get the deal. Don’t use eWallets like Paysafecard, PayPal, Neteller, MuchBetter and Skrill, because deposits from these methods will not unlock the offer.
After punters fund the account correctly, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Our horse racing NAP of the Day meets that. Once the wager settles, punters receive 3x £10 free bets added to their 888Sport account automatically. Additional T&Cs will apply to the £10 casino bonus.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Stake just £10 on our top horse racing bet today and new customers get £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. Punters can claim this sweet offer right now by following these six simple steps:
- New customers register with 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10 (or more) with a Debit Card to the account (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on a £10+ qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets credited automatically
- These free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim the £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Check out the latest horse racing betting tips on SportsLens right now:
- Andy Newton has all the Ascot racing tips and trends from this meeting that punters should know
- Look at six Saturday selections from top tipster Andrew Mount from across today’s meetings
- Over at Newmarket, our experts look at Sun Chariot Stakes tips and trends for the fillies and mares’ Group 1 feature
- Across the Channel in France, Arc Weekend begins with Longchamp racing tips for Saturday’s card
- Back at Headquarters, these Newmarket racing tips and trends give punters the lowdown on the action