The Champions League is one of the biggest football tournaments that take place every year. The very best teams from all across Europe battle it out in the Champions League group stages in order to progress. There is always a lot of anticipation about the Champions League draw groups every year.
Sometimes there are groups of death where many big hitters are drawn together. The goal of this Champions League groups guide is to look at all aspects of this stage of the competition. We will highlight the best Champions League group predictions, odds, and much more.
Bet £10 Get £60 in BonusesNew UK customers only....
Bet £10 Get £50 In Free BetsFor new customers only. Min...
Bet £10 Get £20 + Free Bet If 2nd To SP Fav*New UK customers (Excluding...
UEFA Champions League Groups Draw Tables
The UEFA Champions League 2022 groups have already been drawn, with the action underway already. There have been many interesting matchups thrown up. The group of deaths most certainly the one involving Bayern, Barcelona, and Inter.
These heavyweights will battle it out to see which ones progress and who will be knocked out of the competition in its early stages. Here is a look at the Champions League groups draw for 2022/2023:
- Sporting CP
UEFA Champions League Group Fixtures
Every year, there are many intriguing Champions League fixtures in the group stages. Behemoths in the world of European football will be fighting it out to see which team ultimately comes out on top. The best players in the region will be trying to prove themselves at the highest level in club competition. Here are some of the main Champions League fixtures groups to watch out for:
UEFA Champions League Groups Teams
There are many great teams taking part in the Champions League each year. The champions of the leading domestic leagues will always be there, as well as many of the other top teams from these leagues.
Then there will be those sides that manage to fight their way through qualifying rounds in order to make it into the Champions League draw groups. Here are a handful of the favourites when it comes to the Champions League groups draw this year:
Manchester City are the current favourites to come out on top when it is all said and done this season. They have been knocking on the door for a number of years with Pep Guardiola at the helm. They have fallen just short on numerous occasions. City have one of the best squads in world football, so it is a matter of when not if the team will capture a Champions League title.
Along with Manchester City, PSG is the powerhouse of European football when it comes to finances. It has a superstar-laden team led by the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, and Messi. While the team has also had its woes in the competition, it is focusing all of its efforts this season on winning the ultimate prize. Anything short of success will likely be seen as a failure in the French capital.
Bayern are a consistently good team, rarely dropping off from the top few places in the Champions League betting odds over the years. While they are not as strong as they were in previous years, they still are going to be a threat to any team on the day. They will be looking to stamp their authority at every possible opportunity.
Liverpool have won the Champions League on more occasions than any other English team, with its last victory coming in 2019. The team always seems to make it deep into this competition, regardless of how they might be doing in their domestic league. They are specialists in winning big games when everything is on the line.
Barcelona dominated this tournament for a number of years when it had it superstar cast altogether. These days, the team is more or less unrecognizable from those heady days, with Busquets being the only proper survivor from that great team. With a good blend of youth and big signings, Barcelona are looking to surge back into relevance and take all that comes with being a Champions League winner.
Real Madrid has won the Champions League double the amount of times as the next on the winners list, so it is always a threat to be considered when the Champions League kicks off every year. They stormed to victory last season, stringing together some impressive comebacks throughout their progression. While they are very reliant on Benzema up front, you can never rule them out.
UEFA Champions League Groups Qualifying Odds
The Champions League group odds change with each game that is played. Taking a look at the current betting odds allows you to see who the favourites are and what teams might be behind the leaders.
You might be able to find a mismatch in the odds on offer and the probability you attribute to a given outcome happening. Here is a look at the Champions League group odds for this season’s competition winner:
Champions League Groups Schedule
There is always tons of action that takes place every year with the Champions League groups draw. Games take place all across Europe, with the best of the best battling it out for supremacy. Whether you want to place live bets through a betting app or just causally watch the games, you can see the full list below. Here is a look at the Champions League groups schedule for the 2022/2023 rendition:
Tuesday 6th September
- Borussia Dortmund vs FC Copenhagen
- Dinamo Zagreb vs Chelsea
- Benfica vs Maccabi Haifa
- Celtic vs Real Madrid
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Juventus
- RB Leipzig vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Red Bull Salzburg vs AC Milan
- Sevilla vs Manchester City
Wednesday 7th September
- Ajax vs Rangers
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Sporting Lisbon
- Atletico Madrid vs FC Porto
- Barcelona vs FC Viktoria Plzen
- Club Brugge vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich
- Napoli vs Liverpool
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Marseille
Tuesday 13th September
- FC Viktoria Plzen vs Inter Milan
- Sporting Lisbon vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid
- Bayern Munich vs Barcelona
- FC Porto vs Club Brugge
- Liverpool vs Ajax
- Marseille vs Eintracht Frankfurt
Wednesday 14th September
- AC Milan vs Dinamo Zagreb
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Celtic
- Chelsea vs Red Bull Salzburg
- FC Copenhagen vs Sevilla
- Juventus vs Benfica
- Maccabi Haifa vs Paris Saint-Germain
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund
- Rangers vs Napoli
- Real Madrid vs RB Leipzig
Tuesday 4th October
- Bayern Munich vsFC Viktoria Plzen
- Marseille vs Sporting Lisbon
- Ajax vs Napoli
- Club Brugge vs Atletico Madrid
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur
- FC Porto vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Inter Milan vs Barcelona
- Liverpool vs Rangers
Wednesday 5th October
- RB Leipzig vs Celtic
- Red Bull Salzburg vs Dinamo Zagreb
- Benfica vs Paris Saint-Germain
- Chelsea vs AC Milan
- Juventus vs Maccabi Haifa
- Manchester City vs FC Copenhagen
- Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund
Tuesday 11th October
- FC Copenhagen vs Manchester City
- Maccabi Haifa vs Juventus
- AC Milan vs Chelsea
- Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla
- Celtic vs RB Leipzig
- Dinamo Zagreb vs Red Bull Salzburg
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Benfica
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid
Wednesday 12th October
- Atletico Madrid vs Club Brugge
- Napoli vs Ajax
- Barcelona vs Inter Milan
- Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Porto
- FC Viktoria Plzen vs Bayern Munich
- Rangers vs Liverpool
- Sporting Lisbon vs Marseille
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt
Tuesday 25th October
- Red Bull Salzburg vs Chelsea
- Sevilla vs FC Copenhagen
- Benfica vs Juventus
- Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City
- Celtic vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Dinamo Zagreb vs AC Milan
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Maccabi Haifa
- RB Leipzig vs Real Madrid
Wednesday 26th October
- Club Brugge vs FC Porto
- Inter Milan vs FC Viktoria Plzen
- Ajax vs Liverpool
- Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Barcelona vs Bayern Munich
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Marseille
- Napoli vs Rangers
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Sporting Lisbon
Tuesday 1st November
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Club Brugge
- FC Porto vs Atletico Madrid
- Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan
- FC Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona
- Liverpool vs Napoli
- Marseille vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Rangers vs Ajax
- Sporting Lisbon vs Eintracht Frankfurt
Wednesday 2nd November
- Real Madrid vs Celtic
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig
- AC Milan vs Red Bull Salzburg
- Chelsea vs Dinamo Zagreb
- FC Copenhagen vs Borussia Dortmund
- Juventus vs Paris Saint-Germain
- Maccabi Haifa vs Benfica
- Manchester City vs Sevilla
Champions League Group Predictions
Trying to predict the teams that will make it out of their Champions League groups is always going to be a difficult assignment. There are always going to be upsets along the way that you need to take into account. However, most of the strong teams will usually emerge and make it into the later rounds of the tournament. Here are the teams we think will make it out of their Champions League groups:
- Club Brugge
- Sporting CP
- Real Madrid
- Manchester City
- Borussia Dortmund
The Champions League groups are always full of top-quality action. They are a great way to get football fans through the winter months. With the best teams in Europe taking part, you can see the most talented players in action for their clubs. After reading this Champions League guide, you will be fully aware of what you can expect when tuning in for the action. There are plenty of ways to stay up to date with the latest Champions League news and fixtures on SportsLens.
When are the UEFA Champions League groups announced?
The UEFA Champions League groups draw usually takes place towards the end of August.
How are Champions League groups decided if on level points?
The next step will be for the head-to-head results being considered, followed by the goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the tied teams.
What are the Champions League draw groups for 2022?
Each of the groups in the Champions League draw are competitive, with the toughest group involving Barcelona, Inter, Bayern Munich, and Plzen.
When does the Champions League group stage start?
The Champions League groups stage kicked off on September 6, 2022.
Who is the favourite to emerge from the Champions League draw groups?
The current favourite to win the Champions League is Manchester City.
Who is the record all-time goal scorer in the Champions League?
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored a record 141 goals in the Champions League.