This Sunday, 28 August, the horse racing NAP of the Day, according to SportsLens experts, is Happy Power. The popular King Power Racing owned six-year-old grey bids to regain his crown in the 7f Group 3 Supreme Stakes at Goodwood this afternoon (3:25). Andrew Balding’s runner looks well worth a wager on a track he loves at fine 15/8 odds today.
A repeat of his last horse racing performance should be more than enough to see Happy Power win again here. This son of Dark Angel loves the course. He thus rates our horse racing NAP of the Day and this is why to back him…
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Happy Power win?
The Balding team often do well at Goodwood races with a 15 per cent strike rate there during the last five years. In Happy Power, they have a 7f specialist with career form figures at this venue of 431364. That victory came in this very race two years ago when he beat last year’s winner Toro Strike by a neck despite conceding 4lb.
Both of Happy Power’s other course and distance runs have been cracking efforts in defeat in a higher grade. In last year’s Group 2 Lennox Stakes at the glorious meeting, he went down fight by half-a-length to Kinross when sent of a 16/1 shot by top betting sites in the UK. Happy Power split Godolphin’s subsequent Group 1 winners Creative Force and Space Blues.
That isn’t his only fantastic bit of form and excellent race results at Goodwood either. When tackling the same race this season, Happy Power finished fourth at 28/1 and beaten just over a length. The second and third, old rivals Kinross and Pogo, went on to fight out the finish of the Group 2 City Of York Stakes at the Ebor Festival last Saturday.
Red-hot Buick rides our horse racing NAP of the Day this Sunday
Happy Power also had re-opposing sixth, Ever Given, beaten a couple of lengths when last in action. He now meets that rival off 2lb better terms, so horse racing betting sites expect him to confirm the form. A Listed win at Leicester earlier in the campaign also shows that he still has plenty of ability.
William Buick now takes the ride on Happy Power for the first time off the back of an incredible Goodwood five-timer totalling 709/1 yesterday. His 18 per cent career strike rate at the course would’ve generated a massive £61.02 profit off a £1 level stake for any punters who backed this rider blind here.
With a bang in-form jockey in the saddle and everything else in his favour, he just had to be our horse racing NAP of the Day for 28 August. A £10 punt on Happy Power with 888Sport returns £28.75 if he can cash in on this ease in grade. New customers who sign up and put on such a bet qualify for £40 in bonuses with more info below…
888Sport New Customer Offer – Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets & £10 Casino Bonus
These are all the details punters need to know about the new customer betting offer with 888Sport. It’s a bet £10 and get £30 + £10 casino bonus deal open to any SportsLens readers who don’t have an account with this online bookie already.
Sign up to 888Sport today using promo code 30FB when registering, then make a deposit of £10+ with a Debit Card. It’s the only way to fund the account and get the deal, because eWallet services such as Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal, Neteller and MuchBetter aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
One that’s done, put on a qualifying sportsbook bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50) staking at least £10. Our horse racing NAP of the Day ticks that box. After the wager settles, punters get 3x £10 free bets added to their 888Sport account automatically. Further terms and conditions apply to the £10 casino bonus.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Wager a tenner on our top horse racing bet today and new customers receive £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. Claim this terrific offer today by following these six very simple steps:
- New customers sign up to 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card to the account (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on a £10+ qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- After this settles, get 3x £10 free bets credited automatically
- These free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim the £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Here are all of the latest daily horse racing betting tips available on SportsLens:
- Get the lowdown on Supreme Stakes trends and tips from Goodwood to see if they support backing Happy Power
- Check out two Sunday selections from top tipster Andrew Mount after his Beverley Bullet winner yesterday
- Yarmouth in East Anglia is where out latest each way horse racing tip runs this afternoon
- Fans of spread betting can read Spreadex analysis with buys and sells on the track
- Paul Kelly puts up even more Lucky 15 tips with four fancies combined into one sweet system bet
- Goodwood is also the featured track in our Placepot tips for punters who like to bet on the Tote
- Read a complete set of all horse racing tips today provided by SportsLens tipsters from across the cards