See our York 1-2-3 racing tips this Saturday as the 4-day 2022 Ebor Festival heads into it’s final day. We’ve another five LIVE races being shown on ITV racing so bundles to look forward to again, with Europe’s richest handicap – The Ebor Handicap (3:35) the main event – where 95% of the last 20 winners were aged 6 or younger.
To help you find the winners, Andy Newton is on-hand with the key big-race trends and his ITV 1-2-3 racing tips for all the York Ebor Festial LIVE races on Saturday 20th Aug.
Plus, grab a £30 FREE BET with our friends at 888Sport (bet £10, get £30) to use on the LIVE ITV Racing from York this week.
RELATED: See the best horse racing betting sites to add new bookmakers to your portfolio
York Racing Tips – ITV Horse Racing 1-2-3 Best Bets Saturday 20th Aug 2022
Note: Odds are subject to change
2022 York Ebor Festival Betting Tips | Horse Racing Trends and ITV Racing 1-2-3 Best Bets, Sat 20th Aug
1.50 – Sky Bet And Symphony Strensall Stakes (Group 3) Cl1 1m208y ITV
- 19/19 – Had won over at least a mile before
- 19/19 – Had won at least twice in the their career
- 18/19 – Had between 2 and 4 runs already that season
- 16/19 – Aged 4 or 5 years-old
- 15/19 – Had won over a mile before
- 8/19 – Winning favourites (1 joint)
- 4/19 – Ridden by Frankie Dettori
- 4/19 – Had won at York before
MIGHTY ULYSSES @ 11/8 with 888Sport can give Frankie Dettori another win in this race that he’s got such a fine record in. He’s mopped up 4 of the last 19 runnings and looks to have a top chance again riding the highest-rated field. A nice winner last time out at Newmarket, where he beat Alfaila by 1 1/2 and can confirm that form with the Owen Burrows runner.
Bashkirova and Cadillac can do best of the rest for the Kevin Philippart De Foy camp having run an fair second at Newbury last month – the drop in trip will suit and this doesn’t look the strongest G3.
2.25 – Sky Bet Melrose Stakes (Handicap) Cl2 1m6f ITV
- 17/19 – Never raced at York before
- 16/19 – Had 4 or more runs that season
- 15/19 – Had a top 5 finish last time out
- 14/19 – Returned 10/1 or shorter
- 14/19 – Won carrying 9-0 or less
- 14/19 – Had won over 1m4f or further
- 12/19 – Drawn in stall 8 or lower
- 4/19 – Winning favourites (1 co)
- 2/19 – Trained by William Haggas
- 2/19 – Ridden by William Buick
- 2/19 – Trained by Charlie Appleby (2 of last 4)
- 2/19 – Trained by Andrew Balding (Last 2)
WILD CRUSADE (e/w) @ 6/1 with 888Sport will be flying the flag for the Charlie Appleby yard that have won this race twice in the last four years. With Appleby also having Al Nafir (Dettori) in the race the fact William Buick has picked Wild Crusade is significant, while this 3 year-old heads here having won 3 of his last 4 and was impressive in one of those successes at Ascot last time.
Soul Stopper is the other of interest for the Andrew Balding yard that also have a good record in the race – winning the last two renewals. He comes here having dotted-up at Chester last time out.
3.00 – Sky Bet City Of York Stakes (Listed Race) Cl1 7f ITV
- 18/19 – Failed to win last time out
- 17/19 – Aged 5 or younger
- 16/19 – Priced 7/1 or shorter
- 14/19 – Drawn in stalls 4 to 8 (inc)
- 14/19 – Finished in the top 5 last time out
- 13/19 – Never run at York before
- 12/19 – Winning distance 1 length or less
- 11/19 – Had 4 or more runs that season
- 8/19 – Winning favourites (1 joint)
- 3/19 – Won by trainer Sir Michael Stoute
- 3/19 – Won by trainer Andrew Balding
- 2/19 – Placed horses from stall 1
1. KINROSS @ 4/1 with 888Sport
2. ROHAAN @ 7/1 with 888Sport
3. BRAD THE BRIEF @ 8/1 with 888Sport
KINROSS (e/w) @ 4/1 with 888Sport will face some strong challengers in Sacred and Sandrine, but the Ralph Beckett runner was only beaten a next by Sandrine last time at Goodwood in the Lennox Stakes. He ran on well that day so is take to reverse the form with Frankie riding again.
Two-time Wokingham Handicap winner – Rohaan – wsa a fine fourth in a G1 in France last time out and now eased into a Group 2 looks worth a try over this 7f trip again.
Brad The Brief is the other of interest after winning his last two. This Hugo Palmer runner has clearly improved this season and continued that upward curve last time by taking the G2 Greenlands Stakes at the Curragh. He’s been freshened up since (3 months), but goes well off a break and could be ready to rumble during the closing months of the season.
3.35 – Sky Bet Ebor (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 1m6f ITV
- 19/20 – Aged 6 or younger
- 17/20 – Carried 9-5 or less
- 17/20 – Had won over at least 1m4f before
- 16/20 – Won from a double-figure stall
- 13/20 – Aged either 4 or 5 years-old
- 12/20 – Carried 9-1 or less
- 12/20 – Had 3 or more runs already that season
- 12/20 – Unplaced favourites
- 11/20 – Had run at York before
- 6/20 – Ran at Ascot last time out
- 6/20 – Won last time out
- 6/20 – Irish-trained winners (6 of the last 13)
- 4/20 – Ran at Goodwood last time out
- 3/20 – Ran at Galway last time out
- 2/20 – Placed horses from stall 1 (third 2011, third 2013)
- 2/20 – Winning favourites
- Just two winning favourites since 1999
- Since 1980 only one winner aged 7 or older
- 6 of the last 8 winners were aged 5 or 6 years-old
- The average winning SP in the last 20 years is 19/1
GAASSEE (e/w) @ 8/1 with 888Sport ticks a fair few of the main trends, including age (4) and weight (9-5), so is taken to give trainer William Haggas his first winner the Ebor Handicap. This 4 year-old is still lightly-raced with just 6 runs, but has won four of those and returned from a 2 month break to run third (of 17) in the Old Newton Cup at Haydock last time out.
He’s a proven course winner – winning the trial Jorvik Handicap – too and looks the sort to get better now trying the longer 1m6f trip for the first time. He’s also been freshened up with 49 days off and connections are mixing it up with jockey Kieran Shoemark riding him for the first time.
Many other chances with 22 runners heading to post, but it’s a race the Irish love to target – winning 6 of the last 13 renewals. They’ve got six running again this year, but it’s Earl Of Tyrone and Licence that standout.
Earl Of Tyrone has won his last three from t1m4f to 1m6f and is only up another 3lbs from the last of those wins, which came at Limerick in a Listed contest. Regular rider, Billy Lee, comes over for the ride on this Paddy Twomey 4 year-old.
Licence is the other to note for the Irish Ger Lyons yard, who won this in 2019. Lightly-raced with only four career runs under his belt. Only career win so far came on debut at Gowran Park, but has been gelded since and ran in a better race (G3) last time at Leopardstown. He stayed on well over that 1m4f trip so the extra 2 furlongs here will also be in his favour – looks the sort to have more to come.
4.10 – Sky Bet Constantine Handicap (Class 2) (3yo+) 6f ITV
- No previous runnings
- Trainer Simon Crisford has a 31% record with their 4+ year-olds at the track
- Trainer Kevin Ryan is only 4-from-90 (4%) with their 4+ year-olds at the track
SALEYYMM (e/w) @ 14/1 with 888Sport is a tentative pick in another minefield of a race. 20 runners head to post for this but with a 31% record at the track with their 4+ year-olds a chance is taking on the Crisford runner. Didn’t stay the 1m trip the last day at Goodwood, so the drop back here to 6f is a good move, but has also won over 7f which will help. Silvestre De Sousa rides.
Mums Tipple got back to winning ways last time at Newmarket in good fashion under Frankie Dettori and he rides again, while the consistent Regional makes up our ‘small stakes’ trio in a race that a cases can be made for most.
Note: Odds are subject to change
Other Horse Racing Tips
Placepot Tips – Saturday 20th August
Each-Way Betting Tip – Saturday 20th August
Andy Newton’s Lucky 15 Horse Racing Tips – Saturday 20th August
Daily Horse Racing Betting Tips – Saturday 20th August
Andrew Mount’s Horse Racing Tips – Saturday 20th August
Andrew Mount’s SpreadEx Analysis –Saturday 20th August
Today’s Horse Racing NAP – Saturday 20th August
York Ebor Festival 1-2-3 Tips and Trends – Saturday 20th August
York Racing Free Bets & Ebor Festival Betting Offers – Day Four
Kevin Blake’s York Tips – Saturday 20th August
2022 Ebor Handicap Trends: Irish Have Won 46% Of The Last 13 Renewals
£60 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With BetUK
£50 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With 10bet
£20 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With Virgin Bet
£20 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With LiveScore Bet
£30 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With 888Sport Bet
York Race Times and Names | Saturday 20th August 2022
- 1:50 – Sky Bet And Symphony Group Strensall Stakes (Group 3) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m1f ITV
- 2:25 – Sky Bet Melrose Handicap (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 (3yo) 1m6f ITV
- 3:00 – Sky Bet City Of York Stakes (Group 2) Cl1 (3yo+) 7f ITV
- 3:35 – Sky Bet Ebor Handicap (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 (4yo+) 1m6f ITV
- 4:10 – Sky Bet Constantine Handicap (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 (3yo+) 6f ITV
- 4:45 – Julia Graves Roses Stakes (Listed Race) (IRE Incentive Race) Cl1 (2yo) 5f RTV
- 5:20 – Sky Bet Finale Handicap Cl2 (3yo+ 0-105) 1m2½f RTV
Already Have Accounts With Our Featured Bookies? Here Are 10 Up-and-Coming Bookmakers With Cracking Free Bets
See below our select list of some of the best horse racing betting sites – but totally trusted bookmakers, that will also have prices ahead of today’s horse racing from York races this week. Plus, best of all, they ALL also have ‘must-see’ free bet sign-up offers to take advantage of and by joining this will give you a wider range of bookmakers so you can get the best value when placing your horse racing bets.