This guide to the William Hill free bet promotion covers all the details about the current free sports betting tokens on offer at William Hill. The page includes a detailed overview of attached terms and conditions, a step-by-step guide to activation, common hurdles beginners face while claiming the bonus, and an overview of other promotions available to new and existing William Hill users.
What is The William Hill Free Bet?
The William Hill free bet is a promotion available with new account registration. The bonus comprises three tokens: two £15 free bets for sports and one £10 free bet for casino play for a combined £40 value. The promotion is subject to various restrictions and requirements, so read on to avoid missing out on the bonus.
How to Claim The William Hill Free Bet?
The William Hill website is designed to simplify creating an account and activating bonuses. Although the process is straightforward, it helps to familiarize yourself with the procedure before creating an account to avoid mistakes. Here are step-by-step instructions to claiming a free bet – and using it.
How to Use a Free Bet on William Hill?
As you can see, claiming William Hill free bet tokens is easy, but there are a few potential pitfalls. To further bring the point home, we offer examples that demonstrate both successful and unsuccessful bonus activation attempts:
As you can see, there is just one way to do it right and many ways to lose your free bet. Stay vigilant.
William Hill Free Bet Promo Code?
To activate your William Hill free bet, you must enter the promo code M40 on the second page of the account registration form. What if you forgot to enter the promo code? Contact William Hill’s support team and ask if they’ll activate your bonus anyway; no guarantees, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
William Hill Bet Terms & Conditions
Scores of unfortunate punters have missed out on their William Hill free bet through unintentional violation of the promotion’s rule. Familiarize yourself with the following summary of the essential William Hill free bet rules to avoid that fate.
- Basic rules: deposit at least £10 using credit or debit cards (avoid the excluded payment methods; most are excluded). Make sure to enter the M40 promo code while registering. Violating either of these requirements prevents participation.
- Minimum odds: you must place your qualifying wager at odds of 1/2 or longer. If you place your first bet at lower odds, you’ll automatically forfeit the bonus.
- Wagering requirement: you must satisfy a hefty 35x wagering requirement to withdraw any winnings generated from your free bet.
- Restricted payment methods: as of August 2021, restricted payment methods include Entropay, PayPal, Paysafe, NeoSurf, iDEAL, ecoPayz, Neteller, Kalibra, Skrill, and Postpay. Please verify this list with William Hill before you make your deposit.
- Valid period: the two £15 sports betting tokens are valid for 30 days, while the £10 casino token is valid for 72 hours only.
William Hill Free Bet Offers for Existing Customers
The sportsbook offers promotions tailored to their long-time customers in addition to the standard William Hill free bet. Examples of bonuses available to existing customers include:
- Free Or 4
This promotion awards free bets in exchange for picking six matches, of which at least four end with a total score of exactly three or four. The size of our bonus grows with the number of correctly picked matches: predict four out of six matches for a £1 free bet; five out of six for a £5 free bet; and six out of six matches for a whopping £200 free bet split up into eight tokens.
- Acca Club
Stake a total of at least £20 on single or multi-match accumulator bets (three or more selection) in a given week and receive a £5 free bet on Monday next week. Please note that the combined standards odds for each accumulator bet must be at least 3/1. You can place just one £20 bet or split the amount between several wagers, your call.
- 10% of your in-play losses as cashback
There are currently two identical promotions running, one for tennis betting and the other for cricket. All you have to do is place a bet on either sport using money from your balance (bonus funds don’t count). If your bet loses, you’ll receive 10% back as a free bet, capped at £100 per week. E.g., if you place a £200 tennis bet and lose, you’ll receive a £20 free bet.Available for bets made via the William Hill website, mobile app, telebetting, and text messages.
Other William Hill Bonuses & Betting Offers
In addition to the William Hill free bet and the existing-customer bonuses we described above, WH is home to many promotions that frequently change, so grab them while they’re hot:
- Scratch of The Day: receive one free scratch card per day. Match three symbols to win a random prize, including free bets and cashback. Each prize comes with its own set of terms and conditions.
- Ryder Cup Top Combined Points Scorer: add a selection from the Ryder Cup Top Combination Points Scorer market to your slip and receive a £5 free bet each time your player wins the Ryder Cup match, with the sidenote that only bets of £10 (win) or £5 (each way) qualify for this promotion.
- Acca Freedom: This promotion lets you choose between boosting and insuring your accas by placing at least three or five qualifying selections and then choosing between boost (up to £20) or insurance (up to £20). Terms and conditions apply; please make sure to read them.
- Special prices: William Hill offers several boosted prices and top price guarantees promotions every day, with a focus on soccer, tennis, and ufc betting.
- Racing specials: profit boosts, odds boosts, and extra places on selected meetings for the top horse racing betting and greyhound races.
Is William Hill a Good Bookmaker?
Other Free Bets Available in the UK
Although the William Hill free bet promotion is generous, many free bet bonuses are available to punters in the UK. Check out some of the best free bets, hand-picked by our team of sports betting experts.
The William Hill free bet offer, while generous, comes with a prohibitive wagering requirement that makes it challenging to withdraw anything you win from your free bet. However, free is free, and getting two chances to back your favorite teams with risk-free wagers is a huge plus whichever way we look at it. The extra £10 casino free bet is also a nice extra for those who’ve always wanted to try slots or blackjack but didn’t want to risk their money on a minus-EV proposition. Sign up with William Hill right now and follow our instructions above to claim your free bet tokens today.