The Cheltenham Festival is a four-day horse racing extravaganza that takes place annually. While some 28 races make up the event, it is the Gold Cup that attracts the most interest from fans and punters alike. The Grade 1 National Hunt race is known for its unpredictability. Held over a distance of over 3 miles, runners and riders must also successfully navigate some 22 fences. With millions of pounds being placed in bets on the race, Gold Cup free bets are offered by many online bookmakers.
If you are looking for Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup free bets, there is no better platform. On this page, we will outline the leading free bets available surrounding this high profile race. We will also explain how such free bets work, including the key terms and conditions to look out for. So, whether you are looking to back A Plus Tard, Minella Indo, Tornado Flyer or a rank outsider for victory on Friday at Cheltenham this year, be sure to keep reading.
Best Bookies for Cheltenham Gold Cup Betting Offers
Bet £10 Get £50 In Free Bets
- BOG on Gold Cup ante post
- Also NRNB on the big race
- ITV Racing 4/1+ Winner deal
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
- NRNB market open on race
- 3/1+ Winner free bet deal
- Early Gold Cup specials
Bet £10 Get £20 + Free Bet If 2nd To SP Fav
- NRNB on Gold Cup ante post
- BOG from the day before
- Extra Place races available
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
- One of first to go NRNB on Gold Cup
- Bonus King with many offers
- #PickYourPunt specials
200% Bonus Up To £200
- NRNB on the Gold Cup
- Free bet deals throughout week
- Other offers available
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets
- NRNB for Gold Cup bets
- BetUK Acca Club
- Daily racing specials
Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets – £10 Per Day of Cheltenham Festival
- Each Way + promotion
- Live stream the Gold Cup
- BetFinder & BetFeed tools
Gold Cup Free Bet Offers
Gold Cup free bets are available to both new and existing customers. With the Cheltenham Festival being one of the biggest sporting events for bookies in the calendar, promotions offered can often swing the balance in the favour of particular sites. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common free bets available to punters wagering on the Gold Cup at Cheltenham:
New Customer Gold Cup Free Bets
Bookies will offer new customers an extra incentive to sign up, with many Gold Cup offers coming in the form of a free bet. Such free bets can be used to wager on the Gold Cup. A qualifying deposit or bet, sometimes both, will be required in order to claim your free bet. Additional terms and conditions are also likely. These will potentially include minimum odds, wagering requirements, maximum winnings and payment restrictions. There is certainly no shortage of new customer Gold Cup free bets available in the UK today. However, it is the following that are our favourites:
- Betfred – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
- 888Sport – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus
- BoyleSports – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Money Back Special Gold Cup Free Bets
Existing customers wagering on the Gold Cup will also potentially earn free bets. Money back specials are the most common form of promotion surrounding the race. Here, punters will see their stake returned as a free bet, in the event of their pick finishing second, falling or losing on a photo finish. The exact terms and conditions differ between bookies. Money back specials are generally added in the build-up to the Cheltenham Festival, with the offers below being the best at this time:
QuinnBet – Money Back as a Free Bet if 2nd to SP Fav
Unibet – Money Back as a Free Bet if 2nd
Non Runner No Bet Gold Cup Free Bets
Many bookies offer non runner no bet offers on each race from the Cheltenham Festival. This caters for those placing ante post bets on the event. In the event of your selection ultimately not featuring in the Gold Cup, your stake will be refunded as a free bet. Odds on the Gold Cup are introduced months in advance of the race itself. As a result, it could well be that your pick ends up featuring in a different race or being ruled out through injury. The following are the non runner no bet free bets available to Gold Cup punters:
Bet365 – Cheltenham 2022 Non Runner No Bet
Betfred – NRNB for Cheltenham Festival 2022
How to Claim Your Gold Cup Free Bet Offer
The method of claiming your Gold Cup free bet will depend on the terms and conditions set by the specific bookmaker. However, it is worth understanding the process before signing up, depositing and placing qualifying bets. Using Betfred as an example, the following is a step by step guide to claim your free bet:
Step 1: Choose Between Gold Cup Free Bets
Based on the table found at the top of this page, select from available Cheltenham Gold Cup free bets. While they may not be specific to the race, the Gold Cup will generally be an eligible market. Take into account the qualifying terms, as well as the conditions once you have claimed your free bet.
Step 2: Register an Account
The majority of Gold Cup free bets are offered to new customers. As a result, an account must be created by punters. If you are already registered with Betfred, you will not be able to take advantage of their welcome offer. Complete the bookie’s registration form, entering the relevant personal details in the process. Create a username and password at this time too. Opt in to receive bonuses and promotions, before verifying your new account via email.
Step 3: Deposit Cash
Before placing your qualifying bet, funds must be deposited. So, login to your account, before selecting the “Deposit” option. Select your preferred payment method, considering any restrictions in this area in the process. Deposit at least £10, with funds appearing in your account instantly.
Step 4: Place Qualifying Bet
Place a bet of at least £10 on the Cheltenham Gold Cup or a sports market of your choosing. All markets are eligible, as long as they meet the minimum odds requirement of EVS. Qualifying bets must be placed within 7 days of registering at Betfred.
Step 5: Spend Free Bet
Having met the qualifying conditions, punters will receive their free bet within 10 hours. Free bets are valid for 7 days, so take your time in spending such funds. Add selections to your bet slip. When confirming wagers, ensure that you select to use bonus funds, rather than cash that may be in your account.
Gold Cup Free Bet Key Terms
In order to keep a level playing field, bookmakers will create terms and conditions surrounding their Gold Cup free bet offers. T&Cs will impact your ability to qualify in the first place, as well as how you use your free bet. The following are among the most important terms and conditions to consider:
- Minimum Deposit/Bet – When qualifying for a free bet, it is almost certain that some investment will be required. Whether it be a deposit or bet, or both, punters must ensure that they meet the minimum amount. It is likely that a deposit and bet of at least £10 will be required in most cases.
- Minimum Odds – It is almost certain that punters will also have to meet the set minimum odds requirement when placing a qualifying bet. This is likely to be somewhere around EVS or ½. Bets that are placed at a lower price will not qualify for a free bet.
- Wagering Requirements – It is worth noting that only winnings made from free bets will be available to withdraw. Meanwhile, in some cases, winnings made will have to be wagered a set number of times before it turns into cash. While this is rare with sports betting, it is possible.
- Expiry – Gold Cup free bets will only be available for a specific number of days. This can be anywhere between 3-30 days. However, the most common is 7 days. So, while punters should not rush into spending their free bet, be sure not to forfeit it as a result of failing to use it within the allotted time.
Gold Cup Free Bets for Existing Customers
As we have already mentioned, it is not just new customers that can claim Gold Cup free bets. Promotions and offers surrounding the Cheltenham Festival are introduced shortly ahead of the event getting underway. Meanwhile, some generic horse racing offers may also apply to the race. While best odds guaranteed, extra places and faller insurance are common, free bets are generally only handed out through non runner no bet and money back special offers.
On your chosen betting sites, keep a close eye on the “Promotions” page. Here, all existing offers will be displayed, along with their terms and conditions. Betfred offers a free bet if your pick finishes 2nd, with this promo being available on all UK & Irish horse races. Meanwhile, QuinnBet offers a similar deal. Here, a free bet of up to £10 is delivered if your pick finishes second to the SP favourite.
Free Gold Cup Bets No Deposit
No deposit bonuses and free bets used to be fairly common. However, very few bookies now offer such promotions. As a result, punters must make some form of investment to claim free bets on most sites. A no deposit free bet is exactly as it sounds. A free bet is delivered to those who simply sign up for a new betting account. While the amount is likely to be small, it is obvious as to why they are so popular. The list of no deposit free bets available in the UK is very small:
Sky Bet – Free £10 Bet No Deposit
UK’s Best Gold Cup Free Bet Offers in Detail
Each free bet is slightly different. As you will have recognised, Cheltenham Gold Cup free bets are available with the majority of the leading online bookies. The following are among the standout free bets to consider surrounding the Gold Cup at Cheltenham this year:
How to Make the Most of Gold Cup Free Bets
Claiming your free bet is the easy part! Actually profiting from a free bet is not so simple. Unfortunately, there is no strategy that guarantees success. However, punters that consider the following Gold Cup tips will give themselves the best possible chance of getting one over the bookies:
- Multiple Free Bets – There are no rules when it comes to how many Gold Cup free bets punters can utilise. So, if the rewards and terms and conditions suit your betting style, then go ahead and get involved!
- Have a Strategy – For some, free bets offer the opportunity to wager in a manner in which they would normally avoid. However, it is better to stick to your normal strategy, and keeping studying horse racing results and form before deciding what to put the free bets on. Whether it be matched betting, which requires punters to be registered on a betting exchange, or another strategy, avoid being drawn elsewhere.
- Read the Small Print – Regardless of which free bet you decide to try and win, be sure to read the terms and conditions beforehand. There is nothing worse than being surprised by a particular condition when it is too late.
Bottom Line on Gold Cup Free Bets
With the Gold Cup ranking alongside the Grand National in terms of horse racing betting events, it is little wonder that free bets surrounding it are in demand. Gold Cup free bets are relatively easy to find, with leading bookies offering them in an attempt to attract punters. So, regardless of who you are looking to back this year, be sure to check out our recommended free bets. With the Gold Cup being notoriously difficult to predict, a free bet could well benefit punters. Minella Indo is the favourite with most bookies. However, Henry De Bromhead’s star horse faces major competition.
Place Your Bets on the Cheltenham Festival with Betfred
Gold Cup Free Bets FAQs
- bet365 UK 🥇 (9.8 / 10 Points)
- BetUK UK 🥈 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Betfred UK 🥉 (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Virgin Bet UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- 888Sport UK (9.7 / 10 Points)
- Quinnbet UK (9.5 / 10 Points)
- BoyleSports UK (9.4 / 10 Points)
- Fansbet UK (9.3 / 10 Points)