This Wednesday, 9 March, the horse racing NAP of the Day with SportsLens experts is Royaume Uni. He takes a big drop in class but steps up in trip for the 2m 3f handicap hurdle at Fontwell today (2:40). Gary Moore’s runner is one of the best horse racing tips on offer as our Bet of the Day at a tempting 2/1 price.
A five-year-old son of the prolific late horse racing sire Galileo, Royaume Uni has shaped like this extra distance should suit. He drops down several levels after a fine effort in the ultra-competitive Betfair Hurdle last time out too. Royaume Uni thus rates our horse racing NAP of the Day. Read more reasons to back him below…
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Royaume Uni win?
Moore has a fabulous 23 per cent strike rate at Fontwell this season as horse racing results from the campaign clearly show. This is a track he likes having runners at. In fact, if punters had back all Moore horses blind here this term, they would well in front. This betting angle has yielded £14.74 profit from a £1 level stake coming into today.
The yard is also in fine form over the last 14 days. Moore boasts a 27 per cent win ratio with his stable inmates during that period. In Royaume Uni, he has a horse that won on his second start of the campaign at Plumpton. Sent off a very well-backed 4/7 favourite on horse racing betting sites that day, this animal bolted up by 8 1/2 lengths.
Royaume Uni then chased home subsequent winners Lively Citizen and Broomfield Burg in a useful handicap hurdle at Cheltenham. That effort came off 1lb higher than his mark today. Royaume Uni again hit the frame off 124 at Kempton but couldn’t go the pace to challenge over a sharp 2m. That strongly suggests trying him over further will suit.
As Royaume Uni was beaten less than eight lengths in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury when last in action, he can capitalise on a return to much calmer waters. He looks well worth a crack over a longer distance and has Josh Moore taking the ride. That jockey had a double at Fontwell’s last meeting and has a 38 per cent strike rate in the saddle. A £10 punt on Royaume Uni with 888Sport returns £30 at his current price. New customers can also receive £45 in bonus if using this horse as a qualifying bet.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £45 in Free Bets at 888Sport
If the 888Sport new customer betting offer appeals, then here are all the details. This bet £10 get £45 welcome deal is available to all SportsLens readers that don’t have an account with this bookmaker already. Register with 888Sport using promo code HR45 and deposit £10 or more via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets like Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal and Neteller as these payment options aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
Once new customers have a funded account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). After it settles, receive the first of three £15 free bets credited automatically. Log in to 888Sport on the next two Fridays to get the others, so that is £45 in bonuses in total. The free bets are for horse racing betting markets only and expire after three days. Additional T&Cs apply.
888Sport also have Cheltenham non runner no bet markets on all their ante post betting for the Festival. New customers can wager the free bets received through this welcome offer on these big races too.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Receiving £45 in Cheltenham free bets when backing our latest horse racing NAP of the Day is a great shout. If this deal appeals and it should, then simply follow these steps to get the bonuses:
- New customers sign up to 888Sport with promo code HR45
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on £10 qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once that settles, get the first £15 free bet token automatically
- Receive 2 more £15 free bet tokens after logging in on the next two Fridays
- All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after 3 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Next Week – The Cheltenham Festival
Today’s horse racing NAP of the Day is just the beginning for fans of the sport. We also have loads and loads of Cheltenham content with the Festival less than a week away:
- Read up on the Cheltenham Festival schedule with race times each day
- Discover Ruby Walsh tips for this year’s Cheltenham Festival
- Look at the Champion Hurdle odds and market where Honeysuckle is favourite
- Take a gander at the Paul Townend Cheltenham rides he has to look forward to
- View Queen Mother Champion Chase odds with Shishkin all the rage to win it
- We reveal the top Rachael Blackmore rides she has at the Festival
- Wide open Stayers Hurdle odds suggest plenty have chances on St Patrick’s Day
- See the book of Nico de Boinville Cheltenham rides for the meeting
- Learn more about the Gold Cup odds and market with Irish runners fancied
- Racing TV and Road to Cheltenham presenter Lydia Hislop gives her Festival tips
Next Month – The Grand National at Aintree
Hot on the heels of Cheltenham, it will soon be the Grand National at Aintree. Ahead of the world’s most famous steeplechase in April, this can whet punters’ appetite:
- Get the lowdown on all Grand National runners in our experts’ detailed race guide
- Observe the Grand National odds and which horses are prominent in the market
- There are some great Grand National betting offers for new and existing customers
- Find tips on how to get Grand National free bets for the Aintree showpiece.