This Monday, 7 March, the horse racing NAP of the Day according to SportsLens experts is Glengouly. He drops back in trip to 2m for a novice hurdle at Leopardstown today (2:35). This Willie Mullins mount is one of the best horse racing tips on offer at sweet 6/4 odds.
An Irish Point winner, Glengouly got his head in front for the first time under Rules when last in action. The six-year-old son of Coastal Path may be more effective dropping back to the minimum horse racing trip over hurdles. Mullins smartly books a 5lb claimer to take some weight off Glengouly’s back. He thus rates the horse racing NAP of the Day on 7 March. See more reasons to back our Bet of the Day here:
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Glengouly win?
Mullins boasts a 21 per cent strike rate with his Leopardstown runners this season. As last month’s horse racing results show, the yard won seven races at this venue’s last major meeting, the Dublin Racing Festival. Glengouly was a decent third on his second bumper start at Ballinrobe last April. Top Bandit, almost five lengths behind him in fourth that day, has since won three times over hurdles.
Glengouly was also far from disgraced when fourth to Sandor Clegane at Punchestown. The winner went on to chase home the Champion Bumper favourite in the Cheltenham odds, Facile Vega, here in Grade 2 company last month. That reads well in relation to this contest.
Unlucky to unseat on his hurdles bow at Limerick over Christmas when horse racing betting sites made him the 6/5 favourite, Glengouly put that behind him with victory at Gowran Park on Thyestes Chase day. He idled in front on the run-in, so looked value for more than the winning margin over re-opposing rival Sam’s Choice.
Jack Foley is back on board Glengouly and takes a valuable 5lb off with his claim. That swings the weights in his favour, as it puts him 2lb better off with Sam’s Choice. Glengouly is thus one of our best horse racing tips this Monday. A £10 punt at his current price with 888Sport returns £25 if he wins. This wager also qualifies new customers for £45 in bonuses through an exclusive sign up bonus available here on SportsLens.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £45 in Free Bets at 888Sport
Want to try this new customer betting offer for size? It really is a great deal 888Sport have in place. Their bet £10 get £45 welcome bonus is available to all SportsLens readers who don’t already have an account with this online bookie. Join 888Sport with promo code HR45 and deposit £10+ via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets such as Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard and Skrill because these aren’t eligible payments options for the deal.
After funding the account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Once that settles, receive the first of 3x £15 free bets credited automatically. Log in to 888Sport on the next two Fridays and receive the others, so that makes £45 in bonuses in all. The free bets are for horse racing betting markets only and expire after three days. Additional T&Cs apply.
888Sport also offer Cheltenham non runner no bet markets right now for all ante post betting on the Festival. New customers may wish to wager the free bets received through this welcome offer on some big races coming up.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Picking up £45 in Cheltenham free bets when backing our latest horse racing NAP of the Day is a great idea. If this deal appeals and it should, then simply follow these steps to get the bonuses:
- New customers register with 888Sport with promo code HR45
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on £10 qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, get the first £15 free bet token automatically
- Receive 2 more £15 free bet tokens after logging in on the next two Fridays
- All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after 3 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
- Look at our latest Lucky 15 tips from the best of Monday’s action
- There are even more horse racing tips today from Leopardstown, Southwell and Wetherby
- View our Wetherby Placepot tips for fans of Tote betting
Next Week – The Cheltenham Festival
Besides today’s horse racing NAP of the Day, fans of the sport can read tons of Cheltenham content with the Festival just a week away:
- Review the 2022 Cheltenham Festival schedule and race times for all four days
- Pick out a fancy in the Champion Hurdle odds with Honeysuckle favourite
- Our experts discuss likely Paul Townend Cheltenham rides at the Festival
- Shishkin is all the rage in Queen Mother Champion Chase odds for another win
- Find out which Rachael Blackmore rides at Cheltenham she has to look forward to
- Choosing the winner from the Stayers Hurdle odds this year is no easy task
- Read up on Nico de Boinville Cheltenham mounts for this major meeting
- Current Cheltenham Gold Cup odds speak strongly in favour of the Irish
Next Month – The Grand National at Aintree
It isn’t too long after Cheltenham until the Grand National at Aintree. Get an early look at the world’s most famous steeplechase with all this and more:
- Check out our experts’ Grand National runners guide on all Aintree hopefuls
- Keep an eye on the Grand National odds and market for this year’s renewal
- Discover Grand National betting offers and deals for new and existing customers
- Learn some top tips for finding Grand National free bets for the big race