On Thursday, 3 March, the horse racing NAP of the Day is Head To The Stars. He bids for a hat-trick in the 3m Fobra Gold Cup Handicap Chase at Ludlow today (3:00). Henry Daly’s course specialist is definitely one of the best horse racing tips on offer from SportsLens experts at fabulous 4/1 odds.
After winning this race for the last two seasons, Head To The Stars clearly loves this venue. His trainer and jockey have had a fine campaign, so that could well continue here. This particular horse racing event will once again have been a target for the 11-year-old who clearly retains some ability. Head To The Stars holds his form pretty well, so looks well worth backing here. Our experts have more about their top Bet of the Day below…
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Head To The Stars win?
A son of Kayf Tara, Head To The Stars simply loves Ludlow. He has won three of seven starts here and this season’s horse racing results show Daly boasting a 27 per cent strike rate with his runners at the course. Ascot apart, this is the most profitable angle following the stable during the current campaign. Daly, who has a 20 per cent win ratio for the season, remains in excellent form.
A third of all his horses have won over the last 14 days coming into this meeting. Backing his Ludlow runners blind on horse racing betting sites this term would’ve yielded some £8.75 profit off a £1 level stake. The yard is also £2.56 up for the campaign as a whole. The form of last year’s Fobra Gold Cup has worked out pretty well with the winner, second, third and fifth all scoring this season.
Rocco, just chinned by Head To The Stars that day, landed the Listed Badger Beer Handicap Chase at Wincanton in the autumn. That adds plenty of substance to what the front two achieved. Head To The Stars has also scored since here off 129. Even off 3lb higher and with a reduction in regular rider Nugent’s claim for 5lb to 3lb, his course form stacks up.
Head To The Stars was far from disgraced when sixth in the Classic Chase at Warwick last time out. This is a major drop in class from that Grade 3 handicap, so he looks well worth a punt. Any new customers who bet £10 on Head To The Stars with 888Sport receive a return of £50 at his current price if he wins. This wager also qualifiers them for £45 in bonuses.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £45 in Free Bets at 888Sport
There are £45 in free bets on offer exclusively to SportsLens readers that join 888Sport. To get those, simply register for an account using promo code HR45 and place a £10 qualifying bet.
New customers should deposit of £10 or more with a Debit Card first, because eWallet services including Skrill, Paysafecard, PayPal and Neteller aren’t eligible payment options for this offer. A qualifying bet, meanwhile, must have minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50).
Once that settles, the new customer betting offer comes into effect. That means the first of three £15 free bet tokens gets credited automatically to accounts. The other two should be available upon logging in to 888Sport on each of the next two Fridays. All free bets are for horse racing wagers only, though, and full terms and conditions apply.
It won’t be long before the spring horse racing festivals are here. In light of that, 888Sport are one of the Cheltenham non runner no bet bookies on all ante post markets. This welcome offer is the perfect excuse to sign up and get some free bets for all that and more.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Picking up Cheltenham free bets through backing a horse racing NAP of the Day selection is a great shout. For £45 of bonuses, just follow these six steps:
- New customers join 888Sport with promo code HR45
- Deposit £10+ with a Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Put on a £10 qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, receive the first £15 free bet token automatically
- Get 2 more £15 free bet tokens when logging in on the next two Fridays
- All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after 3 days
Related to Horse Racing NAP of the Day – Cheltenham Coming Up
The Cheltenham Festival is almost here! Read all about the biggest gala in jumps horse racing including:
- View the complete 2022 Cheltenham Festival schedule and race times
- Take a look at the Champion Hurdle odds and betting where Honeysuckle is favourite
- Shishkin is in a similar position in the Queen Mother Champion Chase odds this year
- If there’s one thing that the Stayers Hurdle odds tell us, it’s to expect a competitive race
- Look at all the Cheltenham Gold Cup odds for the Festival feature staying steeplechase
The Grand National at Aintree Follows the Festival
Just a few weeks after Cheltenham, it’s the world’s most famous steeplechase, the Grand National at Aintree in April:
- Some 90 or so Grand National runners remain in the field, so read our expert guide
- Discover all Grand National betting offers and promotions for new and existing customers
- Find out what an early look at Grand National odds for this year’s renewal can tell us
- Pick up some hints on where to get Grand National free bets for the biggest betting race in the UK