This Thursday, 24 February, the horse racing NAP of the Day with SportsLens experts is Dorking Lad. He runs in the concluding handicap chase over almost 2m 4f at Huntingdon today (3:55). Gary Moore’s in-form horse looks one of the best horse betting tips on offer today at fab 15/8 odds.
A winner at Wincanton last time out, Dorking Lad has top weight but is actually 1lb well-in to this assignment. Any runner competing off lower than its official rating is always one that horse racing betting sites take very seriously. Cheekpieces have clearly brought some improvement out of Dorking Lad. This seven-year-old son of Sholokhov thus rates our horse racing NAP of the Day for 24 February. Read more reasons to back our tipsters’ latest Bet of the Day selections below.
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Dorking Lad win?
The Moore stable has done really well with its Huntingdon runners this season. In the jumps horse racing events taking place at this venue, the yard boasts a 33 per cent strike rate for the current campaign. That is very healthy indeed, as is £11.08 profit off a £1 level stake backing Moore runners blind here. Dorking Lad was a fine second off 1lb lower over course and distance on his penultimate outing too.
He chased home the now 136-rated Our Power that day and has won since, so that advertises the form. As Wincanton horse racing results show, Jamie Moore produced Dorking Lad to lead on the run-in and he kept on well for a cosy length success off 114. In future races, he must run off 117. Every little from the handicapper and terms of this contest helps, so even 1lb lower entitles him to remain very competitive in this class 4 event.
Looking at his back hurdle form, Dorking Lad was in the frame behind some useful types too. His nine-length third at Sandown on his bow in that sphere behind Adrimel reads wells, for example. The winner went on to Grade 2 success at Warwick and was sent off at Cheltenham odds of 9/1 for the Ballymore at the Festival last March. That one has also scored twice over fences at Haydock this season.
Dorking Lad chased home subsequent Betfair Hurdle fourth Annual Invictus at Plumpton last season too. The winner has also come out and twice landed novice handicap chases during the current campaign. That all adds up to Dorking Lad looking a great bet and our horse racing NAP of the Day this Thursday. A £10 punt at his current price returns £28.75. Such a bet will qualify new 888Sport customers for £45 in bonuses.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £45 in Free Bets at 888Sport
Here at SportsLens, check out the exclusive new customer betting offer from 888Sport that partners every single horse racing NAP of the Day selection. All readers that don’t already have an account can take us up on it too.
Join 888Sport and there’s a bet £10, get £45 in free bets welcome bonus available to new customers. After signing up with promo code HR45, make a deposit of £10. Fund accounts via Debit Card as eWallets like Skrill, Neteller, Paypal and Paysafecard aren’t eligible payments methods for this new customer offer.
Next, put on a £10 qualifying sportsbook bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Any shorter priced selections will not qualify. Once that settles, get the first of £15 free bet tokens credited automatically to all new customer accounts. The others follow on the next two Fridays when logging in.
All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after three days. Additional terms and conditions apply. With £45 in bonuses available, this welcome bonus is a pretty neat deal. 888Sport are also one of the Cheltenham non runner no bet bookmakers on all ante post markets for the Festival there in March. That means new customers can use their free bets on this massive meeting if any early wagers take their fancy.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
If those £45 in free bets appeals alongside our horse racing NAP of the Day, just follow these simple steps to get them:
- New customers register with 888Sport
- Deposit £10+ using promo code HR45 (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10 qualifying bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- After it settles, get the first £15 free bet token automatically
- Receive 2 more £15 free bet tokens when logging in on the next two Fridays
- All free bets are for horse racing markets only and expire after 3 days
The Cheltenham Festival starts in less than 3 weeks’ time, so check out this related content:
- Discover the complete 2022 Cheltenham Festival schedule with race times
- Honeysuckle heads Champion Hurdle odds and betting for the Tuesday feature
- On Festival Wednesday, Queen Mother Champion Chase odds say Shishkin is the one to beat
- St Patrick’s Thursday brings Stayers Hurdle odds with it
- Come the final day of the Festival, Cheltenham Gold Cup odds have Irish horses at prominent prices
Following on from Cheltenham, there’s the Grand National at Aintree in April:
- Read our experts’ Grand National runners guide to this year’s race
- View the latest Grand National betting offers and promotions available for new customers and everyone betting
- Learn all about the Grand National odds for the world’s most famous steeplechase
- Take a few tips on the Grand National free bets available on the Aintree showpiece