On Monday, 18 July, the horse racing NAP of the Day and NB bet both run at Cartmel. We’ve two sweet selections from SportsLens experts on a scorching summer day in the UK.
The Cumbrian course, famous for its Sticky Toffee Puddings, hosts one of the few horse racing meetings to survive the heatwave today. Get the lowdown on why to back these two that our tipsters put up:
- 12:00 Cartmel – STAR VANTAGE (NB) @ 7/2 with 888Sport
- 2:05 Cartmel – LERMOOS LEGEND (NAP) @ 9/4 with 888Sport
Why will horse racing NAP of the Day Lermoos Legend win?
In the extended 2m 1f handicap chase (2:05), Lermoos Legend looks to enhance his course and distance record to a perfect three from three. Trained by the in-form Peter Bowen who captured the biggest of Market Rasen races, the Summer Plate, once again on Saturday, this seven-year-old Midnight Legend gelding clearly loves Cartmel.
This is a specialists’ track and, while Lermoos Legend is not alone as a previous winner in the field, he may still progress further. The form of his most recent race result looks very strong. Lermoos Legend split two subsequent winners when chasing home Texard at Uttoxeter last month. Back in third was Bathiva, our winning horse racing NAP of the Day last Tuesday.
With Bowen saddling three winners from five runners in the last week, and the yard boasting a 24 per cent strike rate at this venue, everything looks in place for a big run. If we had backed his horses blind on the best betting sites in the UK, that would’ve yielded a tasty £41.40 profit off a £1 level stake. That’s why Lermoos Legend just had to be our horse racing NAP of the Day for 18 July at a neat 9/4 price.
Star Vantage NB bet on hurdles debut in opener
In the opening contest at Cartmel, a 2m 1f maiden hurdle (12:00), George Bewley’s Star Vantage is an intriguing debutant over obstacles. The yard had a winner during the last meeting here on Saturday. In Star Vantage, they have a five-year-old Ocovango gelding that has twice finished second in three bumper outings.
Star Vantage chased home A Different Kind on his racecourse bow at Sedgefield last September. The winner went on to land a five-timer, including a hat-trick over hurdles and ran a fine third in a Grade 2 at Cheltenham in January. A Different Kind also beat subsequent Grade 3 handicap winner Green Book at Haydock Park races in December.
Bumped into one last time out
After some 225 days off the track, Star Vantage ran really well in defeat when runner-up at Hexham to a subsequent hurdles scorer in Fenna’s Loss last month. If coming on for his reappearance and the switch to obstacles as expected, then he looks overpriced on horse racing betting sites for this Class 4 event.
With Conor O’Farrell again aboard, Star Vantage is NB to the horse racing NAP of the Day this Monday. A £10 punt with 888Sport returns £45 if he can build on that return to action now tackling hurdles. New customers who join and place such a wager receive £40 in bonuses with more details below.
New Customers Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus at 888Sport
Want more information on that new customer betting offer at 888Sport? We’ve got it covered. This is a bet £10 and get £30 + £10 casino bonus deal available to all SportsLens readers that don’t already have an account with this online bookie.
Join 888Sport using promo code 30FB, then deposit £10 or more via Debit Card. Don’t use eWallets such as Skrill, MuchBetter, Neteller, PayPal and Paysafecard as these payment methods aren’t compatible with unlocking the bonus.
Once new customers fund their account, place a £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet with minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). Our horse racing NAP of the Day and NB bet both meet that. After the wager settles, new customers receive 3x £10 free bets credited automatically. Further T&Cs apply to the casino bonus, which is claimed separately.
How to Get that Welcome Bonus
Stake just £10 on either of our top horse racing bets today and new customers get £30 in free bets with 888Sport, plus that £10 casino bonus. Follow these six steps to claim the offer now:
- New customers join 888Sport using promo code 30FB
- Deposit £10+ via Debit Card (don’t use eWallets)
- Place a £10+ qualifying bet at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50)
- Once this settles, receive 3x £10 free bets automatically
- All free bets are valid for 7 days
- Claim a £10 casino bonus with separate T&Cs within 7 days
Related to Our Horse Racing NAP of the Day
Here are all of the latest daily horse racing betting tips available on SportsLens:
- Check out two Ayr picks from our top tipster Andrew Mount on the Flat this Monday
- There are some Lucky 15 tips from across today’s meetings with four fancies combined together
- Ayr is also where our Placepot tips today run for punters who want to bet on the Tote
- We haven’t forgotten the existing customer bookmaker offers and free bets available on the horses either
- Paul Kelly is back with all the horse racing tips today anyone could possibly want
- Read the latest Spreadex analysis with recommended buys and sells for spread betting
- Ayr is where our each way tip of the day runs later on this evening