Leading racing advisor Andrew Mount’s is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below…
Andrew found well-backed Bangor winner SWEET AUBURN on Tuesday and has three selections on Wednesday, August 24th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
RAIN CAP (system – Fountain Of Youth, recent run, turf)
Simply backing all progeny of the sire Fountain Of Youth on turf, who last raced between one and 28 days ago, would have found 37 winners from 280 bets (13.2%) for a huge profit of £303.88 to a £1 level stake at SP (expected winners only 23.1). RAIN CAP always seems to run his race at this venue, regardless of draw or going, and is on a hat-trick of course and distance wins. Stall 11 looks tricky on paper but he needs to be dropped in anyway given his patient running style and is well clear on last-time out speed figures (according to Proform’s ratings).
ROYAL PRINCESS (system – Fountain Of Youth, recent run, turf)
ROYAL PRINCESS is a qualifier on the same system as Rain Cap (see Catterick 3.00) and is worth chancing at a massive price on her handicap debut. She’s shown very little thus far but that was the case with Runninwild before his 200-1 win on this angle at Redcar last year. Her three previous runs have come after breaks in excess of four weeks and she looks well drawn in stall 2. Owner Steve Dick has done well with this family and both of her half siblings are multiple winners.
AYE AYE CHARLIE (system – Christian Williams, long travellers)
Christian Williams is 35 from 115 (30.4% strike-rate) with horses travelling more than 250 miles from his Welsh base and backing them blind would have returned a profit of £26.17 to a £1 level stake at SP (expected winners only 23.52). AYE AYE CHARLIE was a 13-2 winner of a novice handicap chase on this angle at Perth in June and can be forgiven his subsequent heavy defeat in a handicap hurdle at Stratford. He’s back in chase company today and looks sure to go well.
Other Horse Racing Tips Today
- Placepot Tips – Tuesday 23rd August
- Each-Way Betting Tip – Tuesday 23rd August
- Lucky 15 Horse Racing Tips – Tuesday 23rd August
- Daily Horse Racing Betting Tips – Tuesday 23rd August
- Andrew Mount’s Horse Racing Tips
- Andrew Mount’s SpreadEx Analysis
- Today’s Horse Racing NAP
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.