The Irish 1000 Guineas takes centre stage at the Curragh racecourse this Sunday (22nd May) as trainer Aidan O’Brien goes in search of his eleventh win in the race. He’s also won the last three runnings of the Irish 1000 Guineas and will have a big chance of adding to that with Tuesday, who was third in the English Guineas earlier this month.
Andy Newton’s got all the main 2022 1000 Irish Guineas trends and tips ahead of Sunday’s big Curragh race.
Best Horse Racing Betting Offers & Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino BonusT&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free BetsT&Cs apply, 18+
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £20 In Free Bets
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £30 Get A £30 Free Bet
T&Cs apply, 18+
Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses
Already claimed these betting offers? Check out all the latest best betting sites.
Did You Know? – 7 of the last 10 Irish 1000 Guineas winners came between stalls 6-11 (inc)
Find The Winner Of The Irish 1000 Guineas With Our Key Trends
3.45 –Tattersalls Irish 1000 Guineas (Group 1) (3yo) 1m ITV4
- 10/10 – Irish bred horses
- 9/10 – Had at least 3 previous runs
- 9/10 – Had won over at least 7f before
- 8/10 – Had won between 1-2 times
- 8/10 – Ran in the last 6 weeks
- 7/10 – Drawn between stalls 6-11 (inc)
- 7/10 – Ran between 4-8 times before
- 7/10 – Favourites placed in the top 3
- 7/10 – Hadn’t run at the Curragh before
- 5/10 – Ran at Newmarket last time out
- 5/10 – Trained by Aidan O’Brien (10 wins in total)
- 4/10 – Ran in the English 1000 Guineas last time (2 winners)
- 3/10 – Ridden by Ryan Moore
- 2/10 – Ridden by Seamie Heffernan (last 2)
- 1/10 – Winning favourites
- The average winning SP in the last 10 runnings is 8/1
Irish 1000 Guineas Tips and Best Bets
The last UK-trained winner of the Irish 1000 Guineas was Just The Judge in 2013 – this year they have two hopes with the William Haggas runner – Purplepay – and the James Ferguson entry – Mise En Scene. Both have chances too with some fair for to their name.
Mise En Scene is also the join top-rated in the field (109) but is yet to win at Group One level (2 runs), while PURPLEPAY (e/w) @ 7/1 with Boylesports is having his first run for the William Haggas yard after showing some decent G1 form in France. She looks the sort that stay further having run on well in the G1 Criterium International last time out and Tom Marquand comes over for the ride.
Homeless Songs won the 1000 Guineas Trial at Leopardstown last month and had Agartha back in second that day too – she’s a big player for the Dermot Weld yard that will be looking for their first win in the race since 2010 and their fifth in total.
However, it’s hard to ignore the good record of the Aidan O’Brien yard with 10 successes in the Irish 1000 Guineas and they’ve also won the last three and 5 of the last 8.
He runs Lullaby, History and Tuesday with the last two-named their main players. History will be ridden by Seamie Heffernan, who has ridden the last two winners of this race for O’Brien too. She was last seen beaten the already mentioned Agartha by 3/4 of a length at Leopardstown and from her four runs is yet to finish out of the first two.
But, with Ryan Moore picking TUESDAY @ 5/2 with Boylesports, then she gets the verdict after running on well in the English 1000 Guineas last time out to take third. She’s run well (2nd) here at the track before and is the other join top-rated in the field. Ryan has also won on her in the past and with only three career runs looks a typical O’Brien improver that also has some fancy Group One entries later in the season (Coronation Stakes and Eclipse Stakes).
Note: Odds are subject to change.
BoylesSports £20 FREE BET Offer – Money back (as a free bet) if 2nd to SP fav in selected horse races, plus Best Odds Guaranteed prices meaning you win more if the price drifts. (Ts&C’s apply)
Recent Irish 1000 Guineas Winners
2021 – EMPRESS JOSEPHINE (14/1)
2020 – PEACEFUL (3/1)
2019 – HERMOSA (5/2 fav)
2018 – ALPHA CENTAURI (12/1)
2017 – WINTER (9/1)
2016 – JET SETTING (9/1)
2015 – PLEASCACH (11/2)
2014 – MARVELLOUS (10/1)
2013 – JUST THE JUDGE (2/1 fav)
2012 – SAMITAR (12/1)
Watch Empress Josephine Winning The 2021 Irish 1000 Guineas
Already Have Accounts With Our Featured Bookies? Here Are 10 Up-and-Coming Bookmakers With Cracking Free Bets
See below our select list of some of the newer bookies on the block – but totally trusted bookmakers, that will also have prices ahead of the 2022 Irish Guineas Meeting at the Curragh this Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May – best of all they ALL also have ‘must-see’ free bet sign-up offers to snap-up.
Best New Horse Racing Betting Sites
2022 Irish Guineas Meeting Race Times and Names
Sunday 22nd May 2022
- 1:40 – Tally Ho Stud Irish EBF Fillies Maiden (IRE Incentive Race) (2yo) 6f RTV
- 2:10 – William Hill Acca Club Irish EBF Fillies Handicap (3yo+) 6f RTE1
- 2:40 – Tattersalls Gold Cup (Group 1) (4yo+) 1m2½f RTE1
- 3:10 – Lanwades Stud Stakes (Group 2) (4yo+) 1m RTE1
- 3:45 – Tattersalls Irish 1,000 Guineas (Group 1) (3yo) 1m ITV4
- 4:20 – Irish Stallion Farms EBF ‘Habitat’ Handicap (Premier Handicap) (4yo+) 6f ITV4
- 4:50 – William Hill Free Or 4 Spring Fillies Handicap (Premier Handicap) (3yo) 1m RTV
- 5:20 – William Hill Bet Boost Irish EBF Fillies Maiden (3yo) 1m2f RTV
More Curragh Horse Racing Free Bets
Bet £10, Get £30 In Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus