See our York racing tips this Thursday as the 4-day 2022 Ebor Festival continues into its second day with another five LIVE races being shown on ITV racing. Plenty to look forward to again, with the Group One Yorkshire Oaks (3:35) the feature contest of the afternoon, where the prolific winner Alpinista heads the betting.
To help you find the winners, Andy Newton is on-hand with the key big-race trends and his ITV racing tips for all the York Ebor Festial LIVE races on Thursday 18th Aug.
Plus, grab a £30 FREE BET with our friends at 888Sport (bet £10, get £30) to use on the LIVE ITV Racing from York this week.
RELATED: See the best horse racing betting sites to add new bookmakers to your portfolio
York Racing Tips – ITV Horse Racing Best Bets Thursday 18th Aug 2022
- 1:50 York: DRAMATISED @ 10/11 with 888Sport
- 2:25 York: SHOULDVEBEENARING @ 7/2 with 888Sport
- 3:00 York: BLUE FOR YOU (e/w) @ 7/1 with 888Sport
- 3:35 York: LA PETIT COCO (e/w) @ 11/2 with 888Sport
- 4:10 York: HASKOY @ 9/2 with 888Sport
Note: Odds are subject to change
2022 York Ebor Festival Betting Tips | Horse Racing Trends and ITV Racing Best Bets, Thurs 18th Aug 22
1.50 – Skybet Lowther Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies) Cl1 6f ITV
- 19/20 – Had won over 5 or 6f before
- 19/20 – Had won at least once before
- 18/20 – Had 2 or more previous runs that season
- 18/20 – Had not run at York before
- 16/20 – Won by a Jan, Feb or March foal
- 15/20 – Returned 6/1 or shorter in the betting
- 15/20 – Finished 1st or 2nd last time out
- 14/20 – Drawn in stall 4 or higher
- 14/20 – Won last time out
- 7/20 – Winning favourites
- 3/20 – Trained by the Richard Hannon yard
SPORTSLENS BEST BETS: Favourite backers can get off to a good start in the opening York race on day two with the unbeaten DRAMATISED @ 10/11 with 888Sport. This promising 2 year-old filly won on debut at HQ and backed that up by landing the Queen Mary Stakes at Royal Ascot next time.
The Burke camp have freshened her up since with 2 months off, while her win last time actually also came with the jockey having dropped his whip. The step up to 6f for the first time should also be fine based on how she’s been finishing her races.
Mawj, for Godolphin, looks the one to give the pick most to think about, while with the Hannon yard having a fair record in this race their MIAMI GIRL (e/w) @ 28/1 with 888Sport is taken to outrun her odds. She was 4 3/4 lengths behind Dramatised at Ascot, but has since won at Windsor, and looks the sort to improve for the step up to 6f.
2.25 – Goffs UK Harry Beeby Premier Yearling Stakes (CLASS 2) (2yo) 6f ITV
- 19/20 – Had 1 or 2 career wins to their name
- 19/20 – Had 2 or more career runs
- 17/20 – Foaled in Feb or later
- 18/20 – Winning distance 2 lengths or less
- 14/20 – Foaled in Feb or March
- 14/20 – Placed favourites
- 13/20 – Won from stall 10 or higher
- 8/20 – Winning favourites
- 4/20 – Trained by Richard Hannon (4 of last 6 winners)
- 2/20 – Trained by Tim Easterby
- 2/20 – Trained by Kevin Ryan
- 2/20 – Trained by Richard Fahey
- 0/20 – Placed horses from stall 1
SPORTSLENS BEST BETS: Top prize on offer for these 2 year-olds, so no shock to see a really competitive contest. But this has been a race the Richard Hannon yard love to target – winning 4 of the last 6 – so their SHOULDVEBEENARING @ 7/2 with 888Sport gets the verdict. This juvenile ran well behind the speedy Rockey Rodney on debut and improved on that to win next time out at Ripon when upped to this 6f trip. Looks the sort to have more in the locker, while it’s interesting connections haven’t run him in the last 3 months – likely with this race in mind and to keep him fresh and unexposed.
The Easterby yard has also won this prize in recent years and run Hardy Angel, Northcliff and Vince Le Prince, while Kevin Ryan (Washington Heights, Revision) and Richard Fahey (Dare To Hope) are other stables to respect in this contest.
3.00 – Clipper Logistics Stakes (Handicap) Cl2 1m ITV
- 18/19 – Had won 2 or more times before
- 17/19 – Winning distance of 2 lengths or less
- 15/19 – Returned 15/2 or bigger in the betting
- 13/19 – Ran at Ascot (4), Sandown (3), Goodwood (4) or Newmarket (2) last time out
- 13/19 – Had 4 or more runs already that season
- 13/19 – Unplaced last time out
- 13/19 – Won from stall 12 or lower
- 12/19 – Carried 9-1 or less
- 2/19 – Won by the Hills (Barry/Charlie) stable
- 2/19 – Won by the David O’Meara stable (2 of the last 9)
- 1/19 – Winning favourites
- The last 10 winners were aged between 4-6 years-old (8 of last 10 aged 4 or 5)
- Cruyff Turn (28/1) won the race in 2021
SPORTSLENS BEST BETS: We’ve seen ALL of the last 10 winners aged between 4-6 years-old, which is a decent trend to apply to the race.
The O’Meara yard have also won 2 of the last 9 and run Orbaan and BLUE FOR YOU (e/w) @ 7/1 with 888Sport, with the last-named looking the most interesting. This consistent 4 year-old was 3 1/4 lengths behind his stablemate, Orbaan, last time but is now 9lbs better off at the weights. Draw 1 is fine too, while he ran well here at York twice in July (2nd both times).
Many others with claims, including Godolphin’s pair, Shining Blue (Frankie Dettori) and Echo Point, plus CD winners Brunch and last year’s winner of the race Cruyff Turn (5lbs higher). However, the other to have in your corner is the William Haggas-trained BOOSALA (e/w) @ 9/1 with 888Sport, who looks slightly less exposed than some with only 9 runs.
He ran on well over 7f last time at Newcastle so the step up to a mile will suit and three runs ago was thought good enough to run at Listed level, when running fourth to the useful Chindit at Donny. Add in he was a course winner here at York as a 2 year-old, then the track is also fine. The Haggas yard also won this in 2020.
3.35 – Darley Yorkshire Oaks (British Champions Series) (Group 1) (Fillies & Mares) (CLASS 1) (3yo+) ITV
- 20/21 – Aged 3 (14) or 4 (6) years-old
- 20/21 – Had won over at least 1m2f before
- 19/21 – Had at least 3 previous wins to their name
- 18/21 – Placed in the top 3 last time out
- 18/21 – Drawn in stall 4 or higher
- 18/21 – Placed favourites
- 17/21 – Priced 7/2 or shorter in the betting
- 15/21 – Had 3 or more runs already that season
- 15/21 – Previous Group 1 winners
- 14/21 – Had won over 1m4f before
- 11/21 – Winning favourites
- 9/21 – Had run in that season’s Epsom Oaks (3 winners)
- 6/21 – Trained by Aidan O’Brien (last 2)
- 3/21 – Ridden by Ryan Moore (3 of the last 8)
- Snowfall (8/15 fav) won the race in 2021
SPORTSLENS BEST BETS: Alpinista will be popular here, having won her last 6 races (4 G1) and is the top-rated in the field at 118. Luke Morris rides as usual, but she’s unlikely to be much value and let’s not forget she was beaten in this race back in 2020 (2nd).
However, this 5 year-old will have to defy the key age trend that’s seen 20 of the last 21 winners aged ether 3 or 4 years-old.
The Prescott grey filly will also face a strong challenge from Ireland with three big player coming acorss the Irish Sea.
Trainer Aidan O’Brien has won the Yorkshire Oaks six times and sends his Epsom Oaks winner – Tuesday. But she will need to bounce back from a poor run in the Irish Derby since, albeit against the boys that day. She’s had 2 months to revcover and back against her own sex has to be considered.
However, with the Epsom Oaks runner-up Emily Upjohn since being well-beaten in the King George at Ascot, the jury is still very much out as to the strength of this year’s Epsom Oaks.
Lilac Road and the French raider Raclette are useful performers, but you just feel they’ve both need to find a bit more, so that leaves us with Magical Lagoon and LA PETITE COCO (e/w) @ 11/2 with 888Sport.
The first-named landed the Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot in June from the front and backed that up by taking the Irish Oaks in similar fashion at the Curragh last month. She’s not flashy, but a gutsy performer from the front and it could easily be more of the same here under jockey Shane Foley.
But the better value looks to be LE PETITE COCO, (e/w) @ 11/2 with 888Sport, who was the G1 winner of the Pretty Polly Stakes at the Curragh last time out over 1m2f. She’s up in trip again here to 1m4f, but has won well over 1m3f and this distance in the past, plus beat the 2020 winner of this race – Love – in the Moyglare Blandford Stakes.
She’s also been lightly campaigned this season, with just one run, but having won 5 of her 8 starts knows how to get the job done. Regular rider, Billy Lee, who has ridden her in all her starts, also comes over for the ride. You feel this race has been the target all season and being rated just 3lbs off the likely favourite – Alpinista – certainly looks the value in the race.
4.10 British EBF & Sir Henry Cecil Galtres Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies and Mares) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m4f ITV
- 12/12 – Won between 1-3 times
- 11/12 – Ran in the last 4 weeks
- 11/12 – Won over at least 1m2f
- 11/12 – Placed in the top 4 last time out
- 9/12 – Winners from stalls 5-11 (inc)
- 7/12 – Drawn between stalls 5-9 (inc)
- 5/12 – Won last time out
- 4/12 – Ran at Newmarket last time out
- 4/12 – Winning favourites
- 3/12 – Ridden by Frankie Dettori
- 3/12 – Drawn in stall 6
- 3/12 – Irish-trained winners
- 2/12 – Trained by John Gosden
- 2/12 – Trained by William Haggas
SPORTSLENS BEST BETS: The Haggas-trained Golden Lyra will be popular but she beat nothing last time out at short odds and before that was a beaten favourite in a Listed race. She looks promising, but little value.
The Gosden team also do well in this race and have the Frankie-ridden Mimikyu, plus Judith. The former was an easy 6 length winner at Newmarket in June and is clearly a filly with ability, but a chance is taken on the Ralph Beckett-trained HASKOY @ 9/2 with 888Sport, with Ryan Moore an interesting jockey booking.
This 3 year-old was super-impressive on debut at Wolverhampton at the end of July and even though this is a big step up in grade but coming from a yard that know the time of day, this well-bred Golden Horn filly is taken to have more scope at this stage than the others.
Of the rest, it’s interesting that trainer Jessie Harrington won this race last year and sends another runner – SUPAGIRL (e/w) @ 14/1 with 888Sport.
Note: Odds are subject to change
Other Horse Racing Tips
York Placepot Tips – Thursday 18th August
York Each-Way Betting Tip – Thursday 18th August
Andy Newton’s Lucky 15 York Horse Racing Tips – Thursday 18th August
Daily Horse Racing Betting Tips – Thursday 18th August
Andrew Mount’s Horse Racing Tips – Thursday 18th August
Andrew Mount’s SpreadEx Analysis – Thursday 18th August
Today’s Horse Racing NAP – Thursday 18th August
York Ebor Festival Tips and Trends – Thursday 18th August
2022 Yorkshire Oaks Trends: Big Stat Says Alpinista CAN’T Win
Stradivarius Puts Unbeaten York Record On The Line In Lonsdale Cup
York Racing Free Bets & Ebor Festival Betting Offers – Day Two
Kevin Blake’s York Tips – Thursday 18th August
£30 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With 888Sport
£60 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With BetUK
£50 FREE YORK Ebor Festival Bet With 10bet
York Race Times and Names | Thursday 18th August 2022
- 1:50 – Sky Bet Lowther Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies) (IRE Incentive Race) Cl1 (2yo) 6f ITV
- 2:25 – Goffs UK Harry Beeby Premier Yearling Stakes (GBB Race) Cl2 (2yo) 6f ITV
- 3:00 – Clipper Logistics Handicap (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 (3yo+) 1m ITV
- 3:35 – Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Group 1) (British Champions Series) (Fillies & Mares) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m4f ITV
- 4:10 – British EBF & Sir Henry Cecil Galtres Stakes (Listed Race) (Fillies & Mares) Cl1 (3yo+) 1m4f ITV
- 4:45 – OR8Wellness EBF Stallions Nursery Handicap Cl2 (2yo) 7f RTV
- 5:20 – British Stallion Studs EBF Fillies’ Handicap Cl2 (3yo+) 7f RTV
Already Have Accounts With Our Featured Bookies? Here Are 10 Up-and-Coming Bookmakers With Cracking Free Bets
See below our select list of some of the best horse racing betting sites – but totally trusted bookmakers, that will also have prices ahead of today’s horse racing from York races this week. Plus, best of all, they ALL also have ‘must-see’ free bet sign-up offers to take advantage of and by joining this will give you a wider range of bookmakers so you can get the best value when placing your horse racing bets.