The NAP of the Day with SportsLens horse racing tipsters on Saturday, 22 January, is Shakem Up’Arry. He runs in the opening 2m 4f Grade 2 Altcar Novices Chase at Haydock Park (12:50). Ben Pauling and Harry Redknapp’s horse looks a great value Bet of the Day at fantastic 4/1 odds.
This eight-year-old Flemensfirth gelding steps up in trip following an impressive eight-length victory at the course last time. Shakem Up’Arry is the only previous Haydock winner in the line-up, so that could count for a lot. He rates the NAP of the Day under an in-form jockey. Read more reasons to back our Bet of the Day as our experts make their case…
Why will NAP of the Day Shakem Up’Arry win?
Pauling has a 20 per cent strike rate with his rare Haydock runners. Following those has paid too. If punters had backed them all blind on horse racing betting sites, then they would have £5.70 profit off a £1 level stake. The fact that connections bring Shakem Up’Arry back to this Merseyside venue again looks significant, then.
He remained a novice hurdler last season but that was hardly his fault. Shakem Up’Arry ran into the mighty Shishkin, unbeaten since their encounter, at Newbury on his final start of the 2019/20 campaign. After scoring at Ffos Las on his reappearance, he later chased home Metier in the Grade 1 Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown.
The winner has bounced back to form with success in a valuable handicap on the Winter Million card on Friday. Shakem Up’Arry was then far from disgraced when eighth in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury. He also learned plenty from his chasing debut when unseating the rider with a facile eight-length success here last month. Kielan Woods, on a 40 per cent strike rate in the saddle at the time of writing, now takes the ride again.
Shakem Up’Arry was value for way more than the winning margin last time out, and one of his market rivals, Minella Drama, has questions to answer going left-handed. A £25 punt on Shakem Up’Arry at his current price returns £125. If he doesn’t follow-up, then QuinnBet refund half of all losses up to £25 as a free bet if punters place three or more qualifying bets that settle within 24 hours of signing up.
New Customers Get a First Day of Risk Free Betting up to £25 at QuinnBet This Saturday
Any SportsLens readers receive half of all sportsbook losses from their first 24 hours of betting back as a free bet up to £25 when joining QuinnBet as new customers. Their ace welcome bonus is available to all punters that haven’t joined before and doesn’t have an account with this online bookmaker already. Sign up and deposit using a compatible payment option with the deal. Don’t use Skrill or Neteller. We recommend depositing £20 or more, because punters must place on three or more qualifying bets that settle within that initial 24 hours after registration. At least one of those must be £10+ and all wagers of minimum odds of Evens (2.00). Other bets need to be half or more of the largest stake to qualify.
Including our Bet of the Day could help punters on their way. All NAP of the Day selections meet the minimum odds required at the time of writing but prices change. Should there be losses in the account come the end of that first 24-hour period, then half of those get refunded to customers as a free bet up to £25. This QuinnBet welcome bonus also offers 10 Free Spins for a featured slot in their online casino. Additional T&C apply. Place one £10 qualifying sportsbook wager to receive a £5 free bet, plus those free spins. It’s a win-win situation at QuinnBet.
How to Claim a £25 Risk Free Bet
- Register with Quinnbet and log in to the account
- Make a deposit but don’t use Neteller or Skrill
- Place 3 qualifying bets at minimum odds of Evens (2.00) that settle in 24 hours
- These must be different selections with two wagers being 50% of the largest bet placed
- If account is down, get up to a £25 free bet (+10 Free Spins)
- Put on a £10 bet instead and receive a £5 free bet (+10 Free Spins)
Not sure where to bet? Have a look at our list of the best horse racing betting sites.
Interested in the Cheltenham Festival? Follow our guides:
- Looking to wager on Cheltenham? Have a look here for the best Cheltenham betting sites.
- Looking for bonuses? We selected the best Cheltenham free bets.
- You can find even more promo on our dedicated Cheltenham betting offers
- Use the highest odds and earn even more, have a look at the best Cheltenham odds.
- Not sure how to bet? Follow our expert betting tips and predictions about Cheltenham.
- You can find the last Cheltenham Festival results here.
- Looking to watch horse races online? Have a look at the best live horse racing streaming sites.
Interested in the Gold Cup? Follow our guides:
- Gold Cup betting guide and sites
- Gold Cup betting offers
- Gold Cup free bets bonuses
- Gold Cup tips & predictions
- Gold Cup best odds
Interested in the Grand National? Follow our guides: