No, I haven’t gone away – just changed the timings. I’ll be putting out the headlines in the evening so as to catch all the news (earlier, doing the piece in the morning meant that I’d be getting emails telling me that I’d missed this, missed that).
Will still be doing the daily United piece in the mornings, so keep an eye out for that tomorrow (today’s bit is here).
- World Cup winner Alan Ball has died of a heart attack.
- As I had hoped, Manchester City rejected Roy Ranson’s initial proposal. Good on them, but Ranson will be back, and his move means that someone else is going to bid sooner rather than later.
- Portsmouth are rumoured to be looking to build a new stadium that will house 36,000 fans. The current stadium fits in just 20k. Can they fill the new stadium?
- Jose Mourinho has really laid into the Liverpool side. He’s called them “just a cup team”, accused them of planning to get Drogba suspended and has generally been a major pain. Good on you, master baiter.
Rafa’s tried to ignore him, of course, but that’s not possible, is it?
- Jiri Jarosik to Tottenham? Will it work? I guess I’ll have to ask the spurs fans tomorrow.
- How the hell do you think the ref is going to react if you kiss him? Make out with you? What exactly was this guy expecting?
- FC United just keep on winning. Will they make it to the Championship (let alone the Premiership)?
- Michael Essien was arrested for drunk driving, then allowed to drive himself home. Well, to be honest, the man’s had a rough season, and he’s out of the first leg of the semi final. Let him drink in peace.
- The standard Owen Hargreaves column.
- Mourinho, the master baiter, sacrifices himself for Chelsea’s cause. What a champion!
- The mind-games between Liverpool and Chelsea can’t hide the truth
- Liverpool have the edge / Chelsea will never give up
- Sunderland vs Birmingham vs Derby – who will win the Championship?
- The Great Premiership Race: Who’s going to Europe?
- Manchester United can win in Milan