According to The Times, the Spanish right back favours a move to Manchester City in the summer.
Bellerin has been one of the best full-backs in the country over the last 15 months and Wenger will be bitterly disappointed if the 21 year old decides to leave at the end of the season.
Furthermore, losing him to a direct title rival would be a major blow. Arsenal will remember Robin Van Persie’s impact at Manchester United and are unlikely to sanction Bellerin’s move to City.
Times are claiming that Arsenal have offered a long-term deal to the Spaniard which will double his current wages of 50,000 pounds a week.
It seems that City’s lofty ambitions and the Guardiola’s pull is having a major influence on Bellerin’s decision.
In addition to that, Barcelona are also interested in the player and could make their move in summer.
Barcelona vice-president, Jordi Mestre, recently said: “He’s a great player, there’s no doubt.”
Either way, it does not look good for Arsenal at the moment.
Wenger has failed to convince his key players to stay at the club in the past and if that trend continues, the Gunners are likely to lose Bellerin as well.
Manchester City and Barcelona have no shortage of resources and therefore agreeing a fee will not be a problem.
Times claim that Bellerin wants to work with Guardiola and could pick City over Barcelona if it comes to that.
- Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez £270,000-a-week to stay
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Prediction, Betting Tips, Preview & Live Stream Info
- Manchester City eyeing £100m move for Alexis Sanchez and Kyle Walker
- Arsenal vs Everton Prediction, Betting Tips, Preview & Live Stream Info
- Arsenal set to sign Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer