The New England Patriots’ playoff hopes are in jeopardy following an unbelievable finish in Las Vegas on Sunday.
On the last play of the game with the score tied at 24-24, Rhamondre Stevenson turned to teammate Jakobi Meyers with a lateral pass, who thought he could see Mac Jones open behind him.
Upon receiving the ball, Meyers backtracked in search of his quarterback but didn’t see Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones closing in to intercept the pass.
Jones stiff-armed the Patriots quarterback and ran all the way home for a 48-yard pick-six in an incredible finish at the Allegiant Stadium.
— NFL (@NFL) December 19, 2022
“I thought I saw Mac open,” Meyers said. “I didn’t see Chandler Jones at the time. I just thought he was open, tried to get to him and let him try to make a play with it, but the score was tied so I should’ve just went down.”
Mac Jones also took the blame for New England’s embarrassing loss, saying it was his job to tackle the Raiders DE and send the game to overtime.
“I’ve got to tackle the guy,” Jones said. “It’s on me, and it’s my fault. … I’ve got to tackle the guy, and we play for overtime.”
The result leaves the Patriots with a 7-7 record heading into the final three games of the season with Cincinnati, Miami and Buffalo on the horizon for Bill Belichick’s side.
Content You May Like
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Soccer Betting Apps In USA for 2022 – The top soccer betting mobile apps reviewed
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – Compare top rated offshore betting sites for your next bets.
- Sportsbook Promo Codes – List of the latest sportsbook promo codes for your NFL bets.
- Best Sports Betting Apps – Guide of top-rated betting apps available in the US.
- Best Bitcoin Sportsbooks – We compared the best sites when it comes to Bitcoin betting
- Best NFL Betting Sites – Compare the top football sportsbooks
- Best NBA Sportsbooks – Compare the best NBA betting sites