Here are the major news stories associated with the Newcastle club for today – in no particular order of priority.
The highlight for us is a new interview that Sam gives Paul Gilder of the Journal. Sam talks at some length on Mike Ashley’s takeover of the club – and even talks very positively how the old and new personnel at Newcastle worked together for the good of the club.
Well – that’s always nice to hear.
- Sam Allardyce gives a great interview with Paul Gilder of the Journal this morning. Sam talks – almost for the first time – of the Ashley takeover and admits he is yet to meet with new owner Mike Ashley. Sam also talks about his budding relationships with Chris Mort – who will very likely become the chief executive at Newcastle United- much like Peter Kenyon of Chelsea. He may also assume the Chairmanship from Shepherd – once Shepherd leaves in a few months.
Sam Allardyce and Chris Mort
- James Milner is about to sign a new and improved contract at Newcastle for a term of five years. Today we look at Milner’s career and the trials and tribulations he has already had to endure at Newcastle – who have never been too good at giving games to our younger players. But James is one one of our best and has maturity way beyond his years – we think he can will become a Newcastle great of the future.
- Glenn Roeder speaks today with Paul Gilder of the Journal on his football future. Glenn has just completed the UEFA Pro License course – the highest coaching qualification you can get. Glenn talks of his ambitions and we review his two years at the club – and wish quite honestly – he was still our youth team coach.
- Is it just us – or are West Ham starting to act like Chelsea when Abramovich first took over. They are overpaying for players and offering ridiculous wages to players who don’t seem to deserve it. Craig Bellamy is the latest player linked to them – and they are not only willing to match Liverpool’s price of â‚¤9M but also pay Craig â‚¤14M a year? That’s just ridiculous – and we are pleased Newcastle have maintained their cool – and dignity – since the Ashley takeover.
- nufc.com are running a charity article. Toon fan Mark Allison is running 868 miles from John O’Groats to Lands End from today Saturday, averaging 24 miles daily to complete it in 36 days. This massive effort is to raise funds for the St. Benedicts Hospice in the region. This event has the backing of Her Grace the Duchess of Northumberland, patron of St. Benedict’s Hospice.We are very happy on our Newcastle Blog to publicize this terrific effort by Mark – on behalf of charity. If anyone would like to help Mark achieve his £10K target you can do so at this just giving site. You can check out Mark’s route (roadside support most welcome!) and keep track of his progress via daily updates online at his own markallison site.Congratulations go to the NUFC.COM Newcastle Fans site and specifically Ken Mulley-Smith for helping with this and publicizing the event – well done lads.
Best of Luck Mark – we’ve already contributed this morning – come on lads – give him some support 😀
- Here’s some funny (or even stupid) football quotes for today from our own Kevin Keegan – this is to lighten up the day 😀
“You can’t do better than go away from home and get a draw”
“Chile have three options – they could win or they could lose.”
“Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.
“The substitute is about to come on – he’s a player who was left out of the starting line-up today.”
Brought to you by the best Newcastel United blog on the planet.