Swansea City striker, Fernando Llorente, says that he does not know anything about the rumoured interest from Chelsea, and that he is solely focussed on continuing with the Wales club.
Antonio Conte, the Chelsea manager, is looking to bolster his attacking department following the departure of Oscar to the Chinese Super League. Michy Batshuayi has hardly played under Conte this season, and although the Italian has backed him publicly, it seems that he is not fully convinced with the Belgian striker.
The Chelsea manager is therefore looking to sign an experienced striker, and has identified Llorente as a possible option. Llorente, who joined Swansea in the summer, has previously worked with Conte when the Italian was in charge of Juventus. The Spaniard is the top scorer for Swansea, with six goals, and would be an ideal back up striker for Diego Costa.
Llorente recalls that his experience of working with Conte was fantastic. The former Sevilla striker believes that Conte would do well in the Premier League, saying that the Italian is the best manager he has ever worked with.
The Spain striker said, as quoted by AS:
To be honest, I know nothing about that [Chelsea transfer link]. Right now I am focused exclusively on Swansea, and in resolving this complicated situation we are in
My experiences working with Conte at Juve was fantastic. He’s the best coach I’ve had in my career and I wish him the very best. I knew that he’d do well in the Premier League because he’s a winner and he works very hard. I really enjoyed the year I spent with him at Juve and I wish him well at Chelsea.
Swansea have struggled badly this season, and are sitting 19th in the Premier League. The Wales club recently sacked Bob Bradley and appointed Paul Clement as their new manager. Although Clement has limited managerial experience, it seems that he has made a strong impression already as he watched his side winning 2-1 against Crystal Palace on Tuesday night.