With the season being six games in there has already been plenty of comment passed on the performance of match referees. Goals that weren’t, dodgy penalties and blatant offside’s have all featured so far.
Right Result have published a report the Premier League looking at how the table would be different at the start of October if match officials got all their major decisions right.
The key findings of this month’s report are:
- The top three match the Premier League but with Chelsea dropping down below Liverpool and Aston Villa.
- Blackburn Rovers plummet and incredible 11 positions in our table and fall into the relegation zone.
- Chris Foy earns Right Result respect with no scoreline changing errors from his first four games.
- Only five teams still await their first Right Result judgment of the new season.
- So far this season there have been 15 games (or 25.42%) that, according to our panel should have finished with a different scoreline.
- Newcastle United are the big winners with the Right Result table with three points added to their Premier League tally.
- New boys Hull City, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion have only three Right Result decisions between them.
There is plenty of further data attached within the report, including the latest Right Result table and our latest winners and losers table. You can download the report here.