Offshore sportsbooks let you wager on all the biggest games across dozens of sports leagues from anywhere in the US. Whether you’re interested in betting on the NBA, NFL, fighting, soccer, golf, or another sport, you’ll find odds ready to take at offshore betting sites.
In this guide, we’ll review the 10 best offshore sportsbooks and betting sites for 2021. We’ll cover everything you need to know to decide which bookie is right for you and show you how to place your first bet today.
The Best Offshore Betting Sites List 2021
We’ve tried out dozens of offshore sportsbooks to find the top contenders. Here’s our list of the 10 best offshore betting sites in 2021:
- BetOnline – Overall Best Offshore Betting Site for 2021
- MyBookie – Top Offshore Sportsbook for Parlays
- Bovada – Excellent for Live Streaming for Live Streaming
- BetUS – Biggest Offshore Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
- XBet – Loads of NFL Markets
- Intertops – Best Offshore Sportsbook for Halftime Betting
- Sportsbetting.ag – Number One for Soccer Betting
- Betnow – New & Exciting Offshore Betting Site
- GT Bets – Lots of Regular Promos
- BUSR – Best Offshore Horse Racing Betting Site
Best Offshore Sportsbooks Reviewed
Let’s dive into detailed reviews of our top 5 offshore sportsbooks.
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Offshore Betting Site for 2021
BetOnline is our #1-rated offshore sports betting site in 2021. This site has a ton of features for bettors to love, including more than 20 sports markets and a huge range of betting options. For big games, you’ll find moneyline bets, spread bets, over/unders, and dozens of prop bets. On top of that, you can mix and match bets across multiple games with parlays, teasers, and if bets.
BetOnline also has one of the most user-friendly offshore betting sites we’ve seen. You can easily see the most popular upcoming offshore betting lines in the lobby, and there’s a dedicated section of the site for live bets. BetOnline’s bet slip is extremely easy to edit, too.
BetOnline offers new players a 50% deposit match bonus worth up to $1,000. It comes with a 30-day time limit, a 10X wagering requirement, and you must bet on odds of -200 or greater. Use promo code BOL1000 to claim your welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- 20 sports markets to bet on
- Parlays, teasers, and if bets
- Very user-friendly platform
- $1,000 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- No live streaming
2. MyBookie - Best Offshore Betting Site for Parlays
MyBookie is another one of our favorite offshore sportsbooks in the US. This platform offers betting on the NFL and NBA, including a range of futures so you can wager even in the offseason. Another thing we love about MyBookie is that it offers a number of options for putting together parlays, if bets, teasers, and even reverses. You can buy points to up your odds and easily update your wagers in your bet slip.
MyBookie also has a handful of fun features that keep betting exciting. You can of course bet on live games as they’re underway, but you can also take advantage of odds boosts that give you enhanced odds for featured games and categories. MyBookie also runs betting contests, which enable you to win money simply for being the most accurate bettor on the platform.
MyBookie offers a 100% deposit match welcome bonus of up to $1,000. It comes with a 10X wagering requirement and minimum odds of -250, but there’s no time limit. Use promo code MYB100 to claim your welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- Parlays, teasers, if bets, and reverses
- Buy points to increase your odds
- Ongoing betting contests
- $1,000 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- No live streaming
- Limited esports betting markets
3. Bovada - Best Offshore Betting Site for Live Streaming
Bovada is our top pick of offshore sportsbooks for live betting. That’s in large part because this is one of the only offshore betting sites to offer HD-quality live streaming on its website and mobile apps. That’s a huge advantage because you can add bets in real time as you watch the game unfold - without ever having to leave your bet slip. Bovada also offers competitive odds for in-game betting compared to other offshore sportsbooks.
This sportsbook also stands out for its huge range of betting markets. You can wager on 22 different sports, including a few niche markets like winter sports, futsal, and beach volleyball. You’ll find dozens of prop bets for big games, and Bovada has a parlay builder to help you pull together multiple wagers.
Bovada, one of the best bitcoin betting sites offers new players a 100% deposit match welcome bonus up to $750. It requires betting on minimum odds of -200 and a wagering requirement of 5X. Note that you must deposit Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, or Ethereum to qualify for the bonus. Use promo code BTCSWB750 to claim your Bovada welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- HD-quality live streaming
- Live in-game betting
- Supports 22 sports markets
- $750 welcome bonus with 5X wagering requirement
What we don’t:
- No teasers or if bets
4. BetUS - Biggest Offshore Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
BetUS offers the most impressive welcome bonus of any of the offshore sportsbooks we reviewed. New players can claim a 100% deposit match worth up to $2,500! The bonus comes with a 10X wagering requirement and a 14-day time limit, and you have to bet on odds of -280 or greater. So, be ready to hit the ground running with this bonus.
BetUs offers plenty of betting markets to wager on with your bonus funds. You can bet on the NFL, NBA, MLB, college sports, esports, and more. In fact, BetUS is one of the best sites for esports betting in the US because it carries wagers for CS:GO, Dota 2, Overwatch, and more. In all, BetUS has a whopping 22 sports markets available for betting.
BetUS accepts debit cards, credit cards, bank transfers, and most major cryptos - including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin. Use promo code JOIN125 to claim your welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- $2,500 welcome bonus
- Tons of esports betting markets
- Accepts most major cryptocurrencies
- Supports live in-game betting
What we don’t:
- Short 14-day time limit for welcome bonus
5. XBet - Best NFL Offshore Betting Site
XBet is our top pick among offshore sportsbooks for betting on the NFL. This bookie offers the widest range of NFL bets we’ve seen, including dozens of prop bets for every regular season game. In the NFL playoffs, XBet turns it up a notch and offers more live bets and prop bets than nearly any other offshore betting site. Plus, you can wager on NFL futures to bet on next season’s top teams and players.
XBet has a similarly strong depth of betting options for more than 20 other sports, including basketball, baseball, auto racing, golf, tennis, fighting, soccer, and more. The platform is incredibly easy to use and offers a mobile-friendly site so you can wager on the go.
XBet also offers a $500 welcome bonus for new players with a 100% deposit match. There’s no promo code required and you can bet on anything with odds of -200 or greater. Just sign up to claim your welcome bonus today.
What we like:
- Loads of NFL betting markets
- Good for futures wagers
- Smooth mobile betting
- Lots of prop and teaser bets
What we don’t:
- Smaller bonus than others
How We Select the Top Offshore Betting Sites
There’s a lot to consider when deciding where to place your sports bets. Here are some of the key features we evaluate when choosing the best offshore sportsbooks.
- Security – We start every one of our offshore sportsbook reviews with a security evaluation. That’s because in order to enjoy your experience with a betting site, you need to feel safe and confident that your money is secure. All of the best offshore sportsbooks we recommend are licensed in their home countries and use cutting-edge encryption to protect player accounts.
- Free Bets & Offers – Free bets, deposit matches, and other bonus offers for new players can add up to a significant amount of money. BetOnline, for example, offers players new players up to $1,000, and BetUS offers $2,500.We take these offers into account in our offshore sportsbook ratings and recommend sites that offer the most generous rewards for new players. We also pay close attention to bonus terms and conditions, since these impact how you can use your bonus funds.
- Betting Markets – The range of bets you can place with an offshore betting site is hugely important. That includes not only what sports a site carries, but whether it offers parlays, teasers, and if bets like BetOnline and MyBookie do. We also look for offshore gambling sites like Bovada and Intertops that offer a wide range of prop bets for major games. Live in-game betting, too, is a major offering we look for in our offshore sportsbook reviews.
- Odds – The odds a sportsbook offers for your wager determine how much your bet will pay out if you win. Offshore betting odds are usually very competitive across sites, especially for big games. But they can vary to a surprising degree for lesser-watched sports and unusual parlays and teasers. We’ve evaluated each of our recommended offshore betting sites to ensure their odds are fair, but it’s worth shopping around if you like to wager on niche sports.
- Deposit and Withdrawals – Making a deposit to your account and withdrawing your winnings needs to be fast and simple. All of our top rated offshore sportsbooks accept credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and Bitcoin. Several, like BetOnline, MyBookie, and Sportsbetting.ag, also accept Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, and Litecoin. We also look at each bookie’s payout time. Under 24 hours is ideal, and nearly all of our recommended offshore sportsbooks can make payouts in under 48 hours.
- Customer Service – When something isn’t working right, it’s important to be able to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. That’s why we look for offshore sports betting sites that offer 24/7 customer support and knowledgeable service representatives. We especially look for phone and live chat support channels, since these enable you to get an answer to your question immediately.
What is Offshore Betting?
Offshore betting involves placing a wager with a sportsbook located outside the US. Typically, offshore sportsbooks are located in Europe, Latin America, or Asia. These betting sites are often (but not always) regulated in their home countries and they offer wagers to bettors around the world, including in the US.
Offshore sportsbooks carry a wide range of US sports and leagues for betting. For example, you can bet on the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, as well as college sports, golf tournaments, tennis matches, UFC, NASCAR, and more. Many of the best offshore sports betting sites also let you wager on esports and horse races.
Are Sportsbooks Legal?
Whether or not sports betting is legal depends on where in the US you’re located. Around half of US states have legalized sports betting, while the other half don’t allow sports betting at all. Within states that do have legal sports gambling, you may be restricted to only in-person betting at a handful of retail sportsbooks or to choosing from only several state-licensed sports betting platforms.
Offshore sportsbooks aren’t legal in most states. Many have rules specifically prohibiting online sports betting with providers that aren’t licensed by the state. In a few states, offshore sportsbooks operate in a legal grey area - there are no approved sports betting sites, but the state doesn’t specifically prohibit residents from placing bets with an online platform.
In any case, enforcement of laws around offshore sportsbooks in the US has historically been low. Around half of all bettors in states where sports betting is legal continue to use offshore sportsbooks.
Are Offshore Sports Betting Sites Safe?
Offshore sports betting sites can be just as safe as state-licensed sportsbooks in the US. All of the 10 best offshore sportsbooks that we reviewed are licensed in their home countries and follow rules designed to protect bettors. They also use encryption and identity verification techniques to ensure that only you can access the money in your account.
That said, not all offshore sportsbooks are licensed. Steer clear of offshore sportsbooks that aren’t regulated in their home countries or that have a history of abusing bettors. It’s a good idea to check out offshore sportsbooks on Reddit or other similar sites before signing up.
Benefits of Offshore Sportsbooks
Offshore sportsbooks have a number of advantages, even compared to onshore sportsbooks in states with legal sports betting. Let’s take a closer look at what sets the best offshore betting sites apart.
Wide Range of Betting Markets
Few US sportsbooks have the same breadth of sports and betting options as offshore sportsbooks. That’s in part because these sites cater to a global market - so they carry not only all the major US sports, but also international sports like cricket, Aussie rules football, futsal, handball, and soccer.
In addition, offshore sportsbooks aren’t subject to the same rules as US-based sportsbooks for parlays, teasers, if bets, and other specialized bets. That means they can offer a wider range of wagers and more odds to choose from on big game days.
Play from Anywhere
Another significant benefit to using an offshore sportsbook is that you can play from anywhere in the US. With US-based sportsbooks, you’re typically limited to betting within a single state. That’s because different states allow different sportsbooks, and in some states you even need to register with the gambling commission before you can start betting.
Offshore sportsbooks don’t have these same restrictions. When you travel between states, you’re free to continue placing bets on your account without having to worry about state lines. If you travel frequently or live next to your state’s boundary, that can be a huge advantage.
Highly Competitive Odds
Offshore sportsbooks operate in a cutthroat global sports betting market. If a particular betting site doesn’t offer competitive odds, bettors will go elsewhere and that platform will be driven out of business. So, the best offshore sportsbooks typically match competitors’ odds for big games and try to offer the most favorable possible odds for everything else.
That’s a big contrast from US-based sportsbooks, which operate in more tightly controlled markets with less competition. These sportsbooks compete for state licenses, but once they have them there’s little incentive to offer better odds. Some states like Delaware even have just a single licensed mobile betting operator, which leads to exceptionally poor odds and little pressure to improve.
Huge Welcome Bonuses
Another benefit of the competition between the best offshore sportsbooks is bigger welcome bonuses. With so many top sports betting sites competing for new bettors, there’s a constant race to deliver the most attractive bonus offers.
That’s why several of the top sportsbooks we reviewed - BetOnline, MyBookie, and Sportsbetting.ag - offer deposit match bonuses up to $1,000. BetUS offers new players a whopping $2,500 for signing up. At US-based sportsbooks, you’re more likely to see welcome bonus offers like a $25 free bet than you are a $1,000 cash match.
Offshore Betting Bonuses
All of the best sportsbooks offshore offer welcome bonuses for new players. These bonuses break down into 3 main categories:
Free bet offers require you to make a deposit and then place a wager up to a certain amount. If you win your bet, you get to keep the money just like you normally would. If you lose, though, the sportsbook will refund your wager - so you’re free to use the same money to bet again on another game.
A deposit match bonus is the most common type of offer you’ll see at top offshore sportsbooks. When you make your first deposit, the sportsbook will match the amount in cash.
To understand how this works, take BetOnline’s 50% deposit match offer. If you deposit $1,000, the sportsbook will give you $500. If you deposit $2,000, you’ll get an extra $1,000 to bet with.
No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses are the best welcome bonus of all. You get a risk-free bet or even cash to bet with without having to deposit your own money. That means that if you lose your bet or use all your bonus money, you have the option to simply walk away from the sportsbook - there’s no obligation to keep betting. Of course, you can also deposit funds at any time to keep wagering.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Before you claim a welcome bonus, it’s important to read the terms and conditions carefully. There are a few bonus terms that are especially important to check on:
- Wagering requirement: The wagering requirement is the amount you need to bet before you can withdraw your initial deposit or the bonus funds. At BetOnline, the wagering requirement is 10X the bonus amount. So, if you deposit $1,000 and claim $500 in bonus funds, you need to wager $5,000.
- Minimum odds: You can’t bet on just anything with bonus funds. Most offshore online sportsbooks require you to play minimum odds of -200 or greater. At BetUS, the minimum odds are -280, so you have to wager on heavy underdogs with your bonus.
- Expiration: Some sportsbooks, including BetOnline and BetUS, put a time limit on how long you have to meet the wagering requirement. If you don’t meet it in 30 days at BetOnline or 14 days at BetUS, your bonus funds will disappear.
Mobile Offshore Betting - Top Offshore Sportsbook Apps
Many of the best offshore sportsbooks now offer mobile apps for iOS and Android or mobile-friendly sites that you can access from any smartphone or tablet. These mobile apps and sites let you place wagers on the go, making it easier than ever to bet no matter where you are on game day. Mobile sportsbook apps are also incredibly helpful for live betting, since you can wager without being stuck at your computer throughout a match.
When comparing mobile offshore betting apps, make sure that you have access to the same range of betting markets as with a desktop platform. You should be able to place bets with a single tap, and the best sportsbook apps ensure that your bet slip is never more than a tap away.
How to Get Started with a Offshore Sportsbooks
Ready to start playing with the best offshore sportsbook? We’ll show you how to start betting with BetOnline, our top rated offshore sportsbook for 2021.
Offshore sportsbooks let you wager on sports from anywhere in the US, without having to worry about the patchwork of US gambling laws. The best offshore sportsbooks for US players offer a wide range of betting markets, top-notch security, and generous welcome bonuses.
While you can be with any of our top 10 offshore sportsbooks, we especially recommend BetOnline because of its excellent user experience, huge range of wagers, and $1,000 welcome bonus. Use promo code BOL1000 to claim your BetOnline welcome bonus today.