The new line of Nike5 boots were released some time ago. Since then, I’ve had the change to play around with them and see what they really have to offer to a market that is quite open at the moment, the indoor footwear market.
Nike says that: “The culture of football reigns supreme both on and off the regulation pitch. From the cages in England to the streets of Rio, the game has evolved from adaptations of small sided football that have taken shape all over the world. Renowned for lightening speed, fluid dribbling, precise control, one touch passing and shots from all over the pitch, the small sided game has matured and demands footwear designed for its specific styles.”
The first of the Nike5 range that we’ll take a closer look at is the Bomba Finale, the Cage boot from nike.
Here are some pictures:
Here are the improvements made:
– Shape correction Shot Shield advances true low-trajectory striking
– CTR360 inspired in-step area enhances touch for fast distribution
– Protective rubberized screen provides durability and strength in high-impact zone
– Evolved forefront AG TPU traction technology increase toe acceleration and plant foot stability
– New rubber turf pattern provides underfoot ball control and stability
And here’s the tech sheet:
A good looking indoor boot, although I’d like to see more effort design-wise and some different colour options for Nike. But I’m sure they will release new colourways soon, it’s their way of making more money over time.
They cost £74.99, and you can buy them from our friends over at kitbag following this link: Nike5 Bomba l KITBAG.