Is it a football boot? Is it a football boot with a brain? Or is it just adidas finally putting a microchip in their adiZero F50s?
Yes, no and of course. The new adidas adiZero F50 miCoach (165g, retails price starts at £200, out in November), thanks to a built-in microchip and tracking software available for your smartphone as well as an online portal, promises to enable both professional and amateur footballers to analyse their personal speed, distance and work rate. Professional footballers will have professional analysts measure that for them through much more sophisticated tech though.
The new adidas F50 adiZero miCoach (say that five times, fast) football boot is capable of measuring:
- 360° personal performance data
- No. of sprints
- Intensity work levels
In other words, it can sense movement and effort in all directions as well as the lack thereof.
adidas have included a social element into this with their online miCoach portal which allows you to compare your performances to professional footballers, your team mates and friends. While you may not stack up to the speeds Gareth Bale reaches, being able to compare yourself to professional footballers is surely fun. What’s that about not wanting to come off the bench eh?
adidas-wearing Ashley Young is understandably enthusiastic about the new boots:
“I’ve been playing in the adidas F5O range for the last few years and I’m amazed by the latest innovation. The new boot will help players be faster than ever and now, with the miCoach technology; they’ll be able to prove just how fast they really are. I can’t wait to wear the boots in November and share my stats with the adidas community.”
Just don’t expect him to check your stats too!
- Players can download their stats to their smartphone and directly into a newly created platform that will take personal performance stats and build them into the ultimate gaming experience. Can you import them into FIFA 12, that’s the big question.
- Players can download their data to the miCoach.com online training hub to see graphical representations of their performance, relevant training programs from the best clubs in the world to help improve performance, and ways of sharing and comparing their performance.
The new adiZero F50 boot will be available at adidas own retail outlets and specialist retail stores nationwide from the 15th November, at £200. Additionally, the adiZero F50 miCoach bundle will be available from wholesale outlets at £245 and includes a pair of adiZero F50 boots, a speed sensor and a smart device dongle, miCoach CONNECT, for iPod and iPhone as well as the miCoach CONNECT for PC / MAC.
Players across the World, including Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Ashley Young, and Samir Nasri, will wear the boot on pitch from November 2011.
- The adiZero F50 boot includes a built in cavity within the outsole which houses the miCoach sensor.
- The miCoach Sensor captures 360 degrees movement and measures key performance metrics including speed, average speed (recorded every second), maximum speed (recorded every five seconds), number of sprints, distance covered, distance at high intensity levels as well as steps and stride rates.
- The on-board memory stores up to seven hours of all measurements during your game or training and then wirelessly transmits the on pitch performance data to your tablet, PC or MAC.
- The stats can also be uploaded to existing training plans via the miCoach website, which are then incorporated into personalised coaching programs that miCoach technology creates specifically for you.
F50 Boot Technology
The adiZero F50 miCoach boot includes breakthrough adidas technologies including:
- Sprintweb: providing stability during high speed movements,
- Sprintskin: a revolutionary single layer synthetic for incredible ball-feeling and reduced weight, and,
- Sprintframe: uses geometrics and new stud construction to offer the perfect balance between lightweight and stability.
This technology combined means the adiZero F50 boot weighs only 165g.
And now, the photos:
adiZero F50 miCoach Images[sl_gallery]
Visit the sportslens.com/Store for all the new football kits, boots and the complete football gear.