The NHL is one of the most popular sports to bet on in the USA and has a growing number of fans watching around the world. Players can access the top betting lines and markets with the best NHL sportsbooks and get competitive odds, great bonuses, and promotions.
Here we look at the top sportsbooks on offer, what they can offer players, and how to get started with them.
Best NHL Sportsbooks
- Live betting
- Accepts Crypto
- High Limit
- Live Streaming
- VIP Program
- Political Bets
- Reality TV Bets
50% match deposit bonus worth up to $1,000
- Deep NHL Betting Markets
- Competitive Odds
- Great Welcome Offer
100% deposit match up to $500
- Quick & Simple NHL Betting
- Market-Leading Odds on NHL
- Interesting Props Markets
Up to $2,500 with a 125% deposit match (100% sports bonus and 25% casino bonus)
- NHL Player Prop Markets
- Huge Welcome Bonus
- Excellent US Sports Coverage
100% deposit match up to $1,000
- Top Selection For NHL Betting Options
- Low Rollover Requirements
- Offers HD Streaming
100% deposit match welcome bonus of up to $1,000
- Easy To Navigate Site
- Weekly NHL Blog
- Quick Payouts
50% deposit match up to $1000
- Top All-In-One Gambling Site
- Many Betting Options & Promotions
- All US Customers Accepted
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Reputable Sportsbook
- Impressive VIP Program
- Casino & Racebook Bets
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Best Reload Bonus
- In-Play Betting
- 10% Weekly Rebate on Horse Racing
Up To $150 Sign Up Bonus
- Top Quality Mobile Betting App
- High Limit Sportsbook
- Fast Payouts
The Best NHL Sportsbooks List
Here is our list of the top NHL sportsbooks, explaining what makes them stand out as one of the best options for players to use if they want to bet on the National Hockey League.
- BetOnline – One of the top NHL sportsbooks with a massive range of betting markets
- XBet – An excellent site covering the top events, including strong NHL coverage
- BetUS – One of the best NHL sportsbooks for beginners wanting a simple platform
- Bovada – A tremendous service with excellent betting odds and great NHL prop markets
- MyBookie – Get incredible odds and bonuses from this NHL sportsbook
- Sportsbetting.ag – Great live betting platform for betting during the game
- GTBets – The best NHL betting site when it comes to odds on betting lines
- BetNow – Pick up substantial NHL bonuses and promotions for new and existing customers
- Intertops – A great hockey betting platform that offers many player prop markets
- BUSR – Check out live betting from this site, with excellent markets created
Best NHL Betting Sites Reviewed
Now for a more in-depth look at the best NHL betting sites in the US.
1. BetOnline – One of the top NHL sportsbooks with a vast range of betting markets
BetOnline is a big name in the gambling world, and they are the website that stands out as offering the best NHL sportsbook for you to enjoy. In addition, they provide a wide range of betting markets, so you can explore various markets and try out something new if you wish to.
On top of this, they are known for offering competitive odds to their customers. These can be increased even further because they also provide excellent promotions and bonuses for their existing customers, which can be used as part of your hockey betting.
They offer a wide variety of alternative sports as well as ice hockey and are also regarded as being among the best baseball betting apps, NASCAR betting apps and one of the best tennis betting sites. If you want to bet live, they are also one of the best NBA live betting sites too.
The welcome bonus here is a 50% matched deposit offer available up to $1000. This requires the BetOnline bonus code BOL1000 for you to claim, and there is a 10x wagering requirement attached to the offer that you need to fulfill. This offer and much more make this NHL sportsbook stand out as the best on offer.
- Great range of NHL betting markets
- Excellent welcome offer up to $1000
- Get competitive odds when you place your bets
- Find promotions and bonuses for existing customers
- The website is a little complex to use at first
2. XBet – An excellent site covering all the top events, including strong NHL coverage
Of the NHL sportsbooks that we looked at, this one undoubtedly covers the top events in great detail. Thanks to the quick links on the site, you can get to the main events in just one click from the home page, including getting into the upcoming NHL games.
The site has a good range of promotions on offer, which you can use, and when compared to other NHL betting sites, the odds on offer here are excellent, some of the best on the market from time to time. This will ensure that you always get a good deal when betting here, allowing you to bet with confidence.
New players can claim the XBet welcome offer - a 100% matched deposit bonus up to $500. The bonus has a 7x wagering requirement attached, but no minimum odds are required when claiming this bonus, which is another positive of the site.
- Use quick links to get straight into the NHL betting section
- Claim up to $500 with the XBet welcome bonus
- One of the best NHL sportsbooks for odds
- Look out for existing customer promotions
- Live betting on the site is a little complex
3. BetUS – One of the best NHL sportsbooks for beginners wanting a simple platform
The BetUS NHL sportsbook is known for being the ideal platform for those who are entirely new to betting. They have a very user-friendly interface, which is perfect for moving around the site when you don’t have experience on your side. If you are new to sports betting online, this is the one most suited to you of the NHL sportsbooks we found.
This is not the only thing they are good at. The site has excellent US sports betting coverage, so this is undoubtedly an option for you to use for those looking for NHL betting sites that cover other big US leagues.
New players can sign up and claim the BetUS welcome bonus, a mixed sports and casino offer. You can get 100% matched on sports up to $2500 with a 10x wagering requirement and 25% matched for the casino up to $625, with a 30x wagering requirement on that.
- Excellent platform for those new to online sports betting
- Look out for excellent US sports coverage, including NHL
- Claim a welcome bonus covering both sports and casino
- The NHL sportsbook offers plenty of player prop markets to use
- Limited payment options compared to other sites
4. Bovada – A tremendous service with excellent betting odds and great NHL prop markets
Bovada are known for offering an excellent service to their players and because this includes hockey, that makes them one of the NHL sportsbooks that gives you the whole package. In addition, they have excellent betting markets available so that you can try out new markets you won’t find elsewhere or stick to the old classics you already love.
Alongside this, we find the site to be right up there as potentially the best NHL betting site for odds. You will get a great deal here - the odds you will receive are some of the best on the market, allowing you to bet with confidence.
The Bovada welcome bonus is a 50% matched deposit bonus, available up to $1000. In addition, there is a 5x wagering requirement to fulfil as part of the offer, which is strong and certainly lower than what some other NHL sportsbooks ask their players to complete.
- A vast betting platform offering markets that some others do not have
- Excellent coverage in the NHL section
- Get a welcome bonus of up to $1000 as a new player
- Very competitive odds on offer
- Live betting is a little disappointing
5. MyBookie – Get excellent odds and bonuses from this NHL sportsbook
If you want NHL betting sites to give you a good deal, then MyBookie certainly do that. The odds here are excellent, and then you can make them even better by combining your bets with a variety of different promotions that are available to claim as an existing customer.
With these two together, you will enjoy your betting and get more than you would elsewhere. Another big positive of the service is their focus on US sports, which means this is one of the NHL sportsbooks on the market that can offer you more markets than elsewhere, so you have many more ways to bet than some others will.
New players can claim the MyBookie welcome bonus, which is a 100% matched deposit offer up to $1000. This is a great way to get started, and the offer has a 10x wagering requirement attached to it, which you need to fulfil before you can withdraw.
- Get up to $1000 with the new player welcome bonus
- Look out for excellent promotions to claim after this
- Great coverage of the big US sports leagues
- Excellent odds on offer
- Site navigation can be a little complex
Best NHL Sportsbooks Comparison
When choosing which of the available NHL betting sites you would like to use, it is essential to compare what each site has on offer. This covers the welcome bonus on offer, how you can pay into your account, and, of course, features such as live betting.
Getting the right betting site for your needs is crucial and comparing the different services on offer will help you achieve this.
|Betting Site||Bonus||Promo Code||Live Betting?||Payment Methods|
|BetOnline||50% matched up to $1000||BOL1000||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|XBet||100% matched up to $500||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|BetUS||100% matched up to $2500 + casino 25% up to $625||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency|
|Bovada||50% matched up to $1000||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, Rapid Transfer|
|MyBookie||100% matched up to $1000||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|SportsBetting.ag||50% matched up to $1000||SB1000||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, wire transfer, cryptocurrency, cheque, EcoPayz|
|GT Bets||100% matched up to $500 plus 50% matched up to $250||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, quickcash|
|BetNow||100% matched up to $500||BN100||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|Intertops||100% matched up to $200||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Skrill, Neteller|
|BUSR||50% matched up to $500||None||Y||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Direct Deposit|
Guide to NHL Betting
The NHL is a great sport to bet on, but not everyone is familiar with what NHL sportsbooks offer. The odds, lines, markets, and bonuses are all things that you need to consider, and on top of this, live betting is something else that may make the best NHL sportsbooks stand out from the crowd.
NHL Betting Odds
The best NHL betting sites offer highly competitive odds for their players to claim. These sites consistently give players a great deal, so you can place your bets and know you are getting some of the best odds around.
Hockey betting sites will provide odds to players across many different markets. The odds you take determine the amount of money you win on your bet and will be displayed in the American odds style as default.
For example – A bet on the New York Rangers at odds of +150 will mean that you will win $150 for every $100 you bet, plus you will also receive your stake back, meaning that $100 at +150 returns $250.
NHL Betting Lines
Betting lines are what you wager on with an NHL sportsbook. The main lines created are money line, puck line, and totals line. The money line is who will win the game, the puck line is a handicap bet, and the totals line is a bet on total goals in the match.
Here is what you can expect to see from your bookmaker.
Pittsburgh Penguins v Washington Capitals
Pitt +1.5 -200
Wash -1.5 +160
Over 5.5 -110
Under 5.5 -110
NHL Betting Markets
Alongside the main betting lines, the best NHL sportsbooks will also have several betting markets you can wager on. These focus on different aspects of the game, offering players greater variety with how they play and bringing some brand new ways in which you can place a bet with an NHL sportsbook.
Here are some of the great betting markets that the best NHL betting site will offer you.
- First-period betting
- Correct score betting
- Goalscorer betting
- Highest scoring period
- First 10 minutes betting
- Exact goals in the match
- Player props – total shots, +/-, assists, saves, powerplay points
NHL Betting Bonuses
There are a wide range of bonuses you can claim from NHL sportsbooks, including at offshore sportsbooks, and they come in three main ways.
A matched deposit is the most common off you will see from the best NHL sportsbooks. These match the deposit you make, giving you a great bonus to get started as you explore the betting markets on offer for upcoming NHL games.
As the name suggests, a risk-free bet is one that your hockey betting site attaches no risk to. If your bet loses, you will receive your money back, meaning you can go and try out a brand new market, or pick out an outsider, knowing that you won’t lose out if they don’t win.
No Deposit Bets
Another offer you may get from NHL betting sites is a no deposit offer. This means you get an offer from the bookie, and you don’t have to deposit into the account to receive it. There are not many hockey sportsbooks offering these, so they are certainly worth taking advantage of if you see them.
|Betting Site||Bonus||Promo Code||Min Odds?|
|BetOnline||50% matched up to $1000||BOL1000||None|
|XBet||100% matched up to $500||None||None|
|BetUS||100% matched up to $2500 + casino 25% up to $625||None||None|
|Bovada||50% matched up to $1000||None||None|
|MyBookie||100% matched up to $1000||None||None|
Live NHL Betting
Live betting offers you the ability to bet during a game rather than before faceoff and this should be available with your NHL sportsbook. Odds change as the game unfolds and teams score, with a range of markets created such as next goal, total goals in the current period, and many more.
If you are specifically looking for live betting with an NHL sportsbook, then the live platform that BetOnline have is fantastic plus they offer a superb sports betting app.
Live Streaming at NHL Sportsbooks
Selected NHL sportsbooks will allow you to stream live games to your device from their site. This takes place in the live betting section of the site, meaning you can watch the play and see how the betting markets change based on what is happening on the ice.
Payments at NHL Sportsbooks
Just like NFL sportsbooks, the best NHL betting sites should offer their players the chance to deposit in many different ways. This is all designed to ensure players are comfortable making money transactions both in and out of their accounts. Below are the top NHL sportsbooks and what they offer to players regarding payment methods.
|Betting Site||Payment Methods||Min/Max Deposit||Withdrawal Time|
|BetOnline||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person||$20/$500,000||2-5 business days|
|XBet||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person||$20/$2,500||2-4 business days|
|BetUS||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency||$20/$5,000||2-5 business days|
|Bovada||Debit cards, credit cards, Rapid Transfer||$20/$5,000||2-5 business days|
|MyBookie||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person||$20/$10,000||2-5 business days|
Tips for NHL Betting
If you are looking to improve your chances against NHL sportsbooks, here are five tips for placing NHL wagers.
- Understand The Schedule - The NHL schedule is like no other. It is not uncommon for a team to play back to back and play the second game against a team with three or four days of rest. Therefore, understanding the schedule and what teams have done recently is vital to your betting.
- Vary Your Betting Markets - The same betting market will not work every time. With money line, puck line and 60-minute betting, you have three different ways to bet on a team to win. Explore the odds for each, look at the situation and your thoughts on the game, and match the right market up with your bet every time.
- Check Out Starting Goalies - Each NHL team has two goalies and rotates them around, regularly giving starts to their backup. If the team has a poor backup, this can impact the game, so check which goalies are playing because this could be the difference between winning and losing.
- Manage Your Bankroll - There are NHL games almost every day of the season, so managing your bankroll is key to success. The opportunities with this sport for betting with the best NHL sportsbooks are practically endless, so make sure you manage your money correctly so that you can keep betting when needed. And if you're looking to place larger stake bets, then it may be best to look at a high limit sportsbook.
- Know When Not To Bet - Following that, the final tip is to know when not to bet. We have 32 teams, each playing 82 games - there is an incredible amount of hockey during the season. You don’t need to bet on every game, and knowing when to leave things alone and wait for the next opportunity should be a big part of your strategy.
How to Bet on NHL Games in the US
If you would like to bet on NHL games, you need to sign up with one of the many available NHL betting sites. Here we are going to explain how to sign up with a site, and in this example, we will use BetOnline to show how you get started.
The first step is to head over to the BetOnline website and sign up for an account. Follow our link above to go to the site and enter personal details on the sign-up sheet to complete the process.
At this stage, it is an excellent option to verify your details to avoid any issues later. This means uploading documents to confirm the details you have given are correct.
Now, it’s time to deposit into the account. Ensure you consider the welcome offer and make a deposit using a method and of an amount that is eligible for that.
4. Bet on NHL Games
Finally, it is time to place your first bets. Head over to the NHL section of the site and check out the upcoming games or outright markets and decide where you would like to place your first wagers.
The NHL is one of the big US sports leagues, and for that reason, it is popular with those who like to bet. Not only that, but throughout the season, games take place on an almost nightly basis - there is always something just around the corner to bet on.
Of the NHL sportsbooks that are available, the best one out there, in our opinion, is BetOnline. They have an excellent range of sports and leagues to choose from, including the NHL, and they have a significant number of markets on offer for players each game during the regular season and playoffs.
If you want an NHL sportsbook, BetOnline have everything you need. Click below to get started and claim your $1,000 BetOnline bonus today!
- BetOnline 🥇 (5 / 10 Points)
- MyBookie 🥈 (5 / 10 Points)
- Bovada 🥉 (4.5 / 10 Points)
- BetUS (4.5 / 10 Points)
- XBet (4.5 / 10 Points)
- Everygame (4.5 / 10 Points)
- Sportsbetting.ag (4 / 10 Points)
- BetNow (4 / 10 Points)