This guide to casinos in Florida will help you place your first online and land-based bets in the Sunshine State. Read on for rankings of the top offshore Florida casinos, details on what games and bonuses are available to FL residents, land-based betting locations across the state, and a step-by-step guide to placing your first online wager.
The Best Florida Online Casinos List 2022
While there aren’t technically any online casinos in Florida, there are dozens of offshore sites that are open to FL residents. We compared and tested providers to arrive at the following rankings of the top Florida online casinos:
- Wild Casino – Overall best online casino in Florida
- Bovada – Excellent range of games & promos
- BetOnline – Best casino in Florida for poker
- Ignition – Huge welcome bonus
- BetUS – Packed with exciting promos
- MyBookie – Weekly tournaments
- Intertops One of the best mobile casinos in Florida
- MyB – Excellent for live dealer games
- Red Dog – Great range of slots
- Intertops – Lots of daily deals
Are Casinos Legal in Florida?
Native American tribes own legal casinos in Florida. There are also dozens of racinos that feature slots and other casino-type games.
Residents of Florida can also buy sweepstakes at over 13,000 retail Florida Lottery locations. Mega Millions and Powerball are omnipresent throughout the Sunshine State, along with regional selections like the Grouper and Florida Lotto. There are no online lotteries in Florida.
Online Casinos in Florida
There are no legal online casinos in Florida; the state doesn’t issue online gambling licenses, and there have been no serious attempts at changing the status quo. The only legal online options for Floridians include sweepstakes sites. It will be at least a year or two before Florida online casinos become a thing, and the same goes for online poker.
Of course, you can gamble online through dozens of offshore casino sites. While not regulated in Florida, overseas providers offer a safe gambling environment – as long as you stick to reputable providers with a proven track record of timely payouts. Consult our rankings above for the best offshore Florida casino online providers.
Offshore Casino Sites
The best real money online casinos in Florida are offshore sites licensed and regulated by overseas jurisdictions, such as Panama, Curacao, and several EU states. Offshore Florida casinos are a legal gray area in the state; thousands of FL residents gamble daily through an overseas provider without issues.
However, finding a reliable real money online casino in Florida isn’t easy. There’s a fraudulent offshore casino for every legitimate one. That’s why it’s essential to use established providers with a history of excellent customer care and robust banking. Follow our recommendations on this page for research-backed suggestions.
Land Based Florida Casinos
Florida is home to dozens of racinos, Native American gambling establishments, and casino cruise ships. The Miccosukee and Seminole Tribes own all Native American casinos. Currently, the largest land-based casino is the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tampa.
- Orange City Racing and Card Club (Orange City; Racino)
- Big Easy Casino (Hallandale Beach; Racino)
- Calder Casino & Race Course (Miami Gardens; Racino)
- Casino Miami Jai-Alai (Miami; Racino)
- Creek Entertainment (Gretna Gretna; Racino)
- Dania Jai-Alai (Dania Beach; Racino)
- Daytona Beach Racing and Card Club (Daytona Beach; Racino)
- Derby Lane (St. Petersburg; Racino)
- Ebro Greyhound Track (Ebro; Racino)
- Flagler Dog Track and Magic City Casino (Miami; Racino)
- Fort Pierce Jai-Alai & Poker (Fort Pierce; Racino)
- Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino (Hallandale Beach; Racino)
- Hialeah Park Race Track (Hialeah; Racino)
- Jacksonville Kennel Club (Orange Park; Racino)
- Jefferson County Kennel Club (Monticello; Racino)
- Melbourne Greyhound Park (Melbourne; Racino)
- Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Center (Miami; Native American)
- Naples/Fort Myers Greyhound Track (Bonita Springs; Racino)
- Ocala Poker & Jai-Alai (Ocala; Racino)
- Orange Park Kennel Club (Orange Park; Racino)
- Oxford Downs (Summerfield; Racino)
- Palm Beach Kennel Club (West Palm Beach; Racino)
- Pensacola Greyhound Track (Pensacola; Racino)
- Pompano Park (Pompano Beach; Racino)
- Sarasota Kennel Club (Sarasota; Racino)
- Seminole Casino Brighton (Okeechobee; Native American)
- Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee (Immokalee; Native American)
- Seminole Casino Coconut (Creek Coconut Creek; Native American)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood (Hollywood; Native American)
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tampa (Tampa; Native American)
- Seminole Classic Casino (Hollywood; Native American)
- Tampa Bay Downs (Tampa; Racino)
- Tampa Greyhound Track (Tampa; Racino)
- Victory Casino Cruises (Cape Canaveral; Casino Ship)
Timeline of Florida Casino Legislation
- 1931 – Florida approves dog and horse races by a single vote.
- 1970 – Bingo is legalized.
- 1979 – Seminole tribe hosts high-stakes Bingo games in Broward County.
- 1986 – Voters in Florida reject a casino gambling constitutional amendment.
- 1986 – Lotteries are approved in Florida.
- 1988 – The Federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act authorizes the Seminole tribe to include video lottery machines in their facilities.
- 1996 – Poker is now legal at pari-mutuel wagering facilities. The pot limit is $10.
- 2003 – Bet limits at poker rooms are raised to $2.00.
- 2004 – A constitutional amendment allows slot machines at pari-mutuel facilities in Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- 2007 – Poker limit raised further.
- 2010 – Seminole Tribe receives exclusive rights to host slot machines beyond pari-mutuel facilities in Miami-Dade and Broward for 20 years, and exclusive rights to host blackjack and baccarat for five years. Florida earns $200 million per year from issuing those rights.
- 2010 – poker room cash game limits raised to no-limit. Tournament limits raised to pot-size.
- 2013 – The State of Florida commissions a $388,000 report from Spectrum Gaming Group, a company specializing in assessing gaming and gambling markets. SGG’s report concludes that legalizing gambling in Florida would negatively impact the state’s lucrative tourism industry.
- 2021 – Governor Ron DeSantis signs off on an amendment to the Seminole’s compact, allowing online and retail sports betting. Several lawsuits against the amendment have been filed.
Legalized online gambling appears the most likely next step.
Best Florida Online Casinos Reviewed
Now let’s take a closer look at the best online casinos in Florida, including both established and new casinos.
1. Wild Casino – Overall Best Online Casino in Florida
Out of all the online casinos in Florida, Wild Casino is our number one choice. For starters, it has a huge range of games to suit players of all different preferences.
If you’re into live gaming, you can choose from almost 20 tables offering blackjack, roulette, poker and more, and with tables open 24/7, there’s always something happening. If you prefer slots, there are over 200 to choose from, including loads of jackpot slots and regularly added new slots.
You can kick things off with a whopping 250% deposit match bonuses worth up to $1,000, which is one of the most generous offers around. Plus, there are numerous other promos, including a 200% referral bonus and regular free spins deals.
Throw in a wide range of payment methods, speedy withdrawals, an intuitive site and one of the best sports betting apps in Florida, and it’s clear that Wild Casino is a fantastic allrounder.
What we like:
- Excellent live dealer tables
- Over 200 slot games with lots of jackpot slots
- Fantastic welcome bonus
- Quikc payouts
What we don’t:
- No online poker tournaments
2. Bovada - Excellent Range of Games & Bonuses
Bovada comes a close second in our rankings of the best online casinos in Florida, largely due to its fantastic gaming variety. From slots, roulette and blackjack to poker, keno, baccarat and gameshow games, this online casino site has it all.
Bets range from a few cent all the way up to $2,500 per hand on the VIP live dealer tables, so whether you're a casual player of a high roller, there's plenty to enjoy at Bovada casino.
Another highlight is the Bovada online poker tournaments, which occur every week and offer huge cash prizes of up to $1million.
New players at Bovada can claim a 125% deposit match bonus worth up to $1,250, which is the perfect way to start your casino gaming experience, and there are loads of other deals available for existing players.
What we like:
- Generous welcome bonus and promos
- Weekly poker tournaments
- Immersive live dealer tables
- High limit games
What we don’t:
- Could have more slots
3. BetOnline - Perfect for Poker
BetOnline is one of the best known offshore gambling sites in the US and offers an impressive online casino, particularly if you're a fan of poker.
For starters, there's a wide range of video poker games, so you can enjoy a quick few hands whenever you like. On top of that, there are live tournaments every week and then a Sunday Majoris tournament each week where you can compete for the $1 million prize pool.
That's not all that's on offer at BetOnline, with a good range of slots, blackjack and roulette games also available, all from top software developers. The website is well designed and easy to use, which is always a plus
BetOnline offers new players a 100% deposit match across your first 3 deposits, up to $1,000 each. So you can claim a total of $3,000 in bonus funds when creating your account - one of the biggest offers around.
What we like:
- Sit-and-go poker tournaments with $1 million in prizes
- Good range of slots
- Huge welcome bonus worth up to $3,000
- Intuitive casino platform
What we don’t:
- No baccarat
4. Ignition - Big Bonuses & Great for Blackjack
All casino players have their own preferences when it comes to games, and if yours is blackjack, make sure you check out Ignition casino. This site has no less than 31 blackjack games, with plenty of 24/7 live dealer tables to choose from. With minimum bets starting at $5 and max ones as high as $2,500, there's great variety on offer.
Ignition isn't just about blackjack, though. This casino has partnered with top software developers to bring you over 70 slots, including some big payout jackpot slots, as well as roulette, baccarat and more.
This is another of the casinos in Florida that also offers regular poker tournaments with big payouts. If you don't want to stick around for a whole event, you can enjoy a quick few hands at sit and go tables.
There's also big bonuses up for grabs at Ignition, including a $1,500 casino offer as well as $1,500 poker bonus, offering a huge $3,000 in total!
What we like:
- Excellent range of blackjack games
- Bet from $5 to $2,500 on blackjack
- $1 million payout poker tournaments
- Up to $3,000 welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- Could have more slot games
5. BetUS - Generous Daily Promos
BetUS is a well known offshore gambling site that's famous for offering generous promos, and this is illustrated by the BetUS casino.
The 50% deposit match up to $625 isn't the biggest out there, but that's only the tip of the iceberg at this Florida online casino. One promo sees you rewarded in a different way each of the week when you play at the casino, from 40x payouts on 3-card poker on Mondays to 10% cashback on video poker games on Wednesdays.
There are loads of different games to enjoy, including old classics and more niche titles, so players of all preferences will enjoy BetUS. The selection of new video slots is particularly impressive.
What we like:
- Daily promo offers
- 24/7 live dealer gaming
- Over 150 slot games
- Good range of payment options
What we don’t:
- No jackpot slots
Top Florida Online Casinos Comparison
Now you know what's on offer at the best online casinos in Florida, here's a closer look at how the match up to one another directly.
|# of Games||Game Types Available||Software Providers||Welcome Bonus||Payment Methods|
|Bovada||150||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, craps, baccarat, video poker, poker||Visionary iGaming, Rival, Real Time Gaming, Revolver Gaming and Maiktone Gaming||125% deposit match up to $1,250||Credit card, debit card, MatchPay, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|BetOnline||150||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, craps, baccarat, video poker, poker||Visionary iGaming, Betsoft, Fresh Deck Studios, Magma||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, USD Coin, Chainlink, Dogecoin, Tether|
|Wild Casino||250||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, craps, baccarat, video poker||Betsoft, Nucleus Gaming, Fresh Deck Studios||250% bonus up to $1,000||Credit card, debit card, bank transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, USD Coin, Stellar|
|Ignition||150||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, baccarat, video poker, poker||Rival Gaming, Real Time Gaming||150% deposit match for poker and casino (up to $1,500 each)||Credit card, debit card, bank transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Zelle|
|BetUS||200||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, craps baccarat, video poker, bingo||Visionary iGaming, Betsoft, Fresh Deck Studios, Magma||50% deposit match up to $625||Credit card, debit card, bank transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|MyBookie||200||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, craps, baccarat video poker||Betsoft, Concept Gaming||150% deposit match up to $750||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum|
|Intertops||300||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, video poker||Real Time Gaming||125% deposit match up to $1,000||Credit card, debit card, EcoPayz, Neteller, Skrill, Bitcoin|
|MYB Casino||100||Slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, video poker||Betsoft, Visionary iGaming, Nucleus Gaming||200% deposit bonus up to $1,000||Credit card, debit card, bank transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple|
|Red Dog||250||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, baccarat, video poker||Real Time Gaming||225% deposit match and 20 free spins||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Neosurf, PayID|
|Planet 7||240||Slots, blackjack, roulette, keno, video poker||BetonSoft||200% deposit match up to $900||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz|
How We Rank The Best Florida Online Casinos
We leave no stone unturned in our search for the best casinos in Florida - here are the key factors we consider.
Range of games
The best Florida casinos have hundreds of games spanning slots, Blackjack, roulette, Baccarat, live dealer tables, and specialty games. For the best variety, sign up with two or three of the online casinos we endorse. We ranked casinos with a wider game selection and variety higher on our list.
The best online casino in Florida should feature an extensive library of titles from the top game developers, such as RTG, Betsoft, Visionary iGaming, and Rival. We awarded bonus ranking points to casinos that feature games from several providers.
Betting limits range from pennies on slots to hundreds of dollars at high-limit Blackjack and Baccarat tables. Live dealer games usually feature high limits as well - sometimes into the thousands of dollars.
Florida casino bonuses
We ranked casinos based on how they balance bonus size with the wagering requirements. Generally, we favored large bonuses with a decent playthrough over huge bonuses with onerous turnover.
A great mobile gambling experience is the expectation. We gave bonus points to online casinos with responsive betting apps that work equally well on Android and iOS systems. Bovada, in particular, has an exquisite mobile application that leaves competitors in the dust.
What Games Can You Play at Online Florida Casinos?
The best Florida online casinos feature e-catalogs of hundreds of games. At the very least, expect all of the below at our recommended providers:
- Slots: the most popular casino game. A standard slot layout features a screen grid containing three to five reels that rotate or "spin" after placing a wager. The reels stop and display symbols forming various combinations; different combinations award different payouts. Slots come in various forms, from simple replicas of classic fruit machines to high-end 3D technological marvels based on popular TV shows, movies, and video games.
- Blackjack: the game uses a deck of 52-cards. Each player is dealt one card face up and chooses whether to "stand" on their card or receive additional cards. The objective of each participant is to get as close to 21 (called a "Blackjack") as possible without going over. Different variations of Blackjack come with their own rules and restrictions.
- Roulette: another top-rated table game, named after a French word that translates to "little wheel." Players wager on single numbers, groupings of numbers, colors (red or black), whether the number will be even or odd, and whether the number will be high or low. Then, the croupier drops a small ball onto a spinning wheel. The ball hops around until it loses momentum and settles on a specific number. That number determines the winners and losers of the bet. Roulette is available in different variants, including French Roulette, which offers an RTP of 98.65% - one of the highest returns from any casino game.
- Baccarat: The "player" and "banker" hands are dealt and, depending on the total value of the cards and other conditions, participants either stand or draw an additional card. Despite its deceiving simplicity, Baccarat can be a fascinating game in the right environment and with the right knowledge.
- Live dealer: experience the thrill of a brick-and-mortar casino from your own home. Live dealer games are played against a human dealer instead of a computer. You connect to a dedicated studio that houses Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, and poker tables staffed by professional dealers. You then place bets and watch the action unfold through an in-studio camera, and you get to interact directly with the dealers.
Florida Online Casino Software Providers
Online casinos partner with prominent software companies to host their game collections. There are many high-quality game providers, but some are more popular than others at offshore gambling sites:
- RTG - established in 1998. Its portfolio contains more than 400 games, including the Real Series slots, boiling point jackpots, and retro-inspired licensed brands. Popular RTG slots include Cash Bandits, Enchanted Garden, Aladdin's Wishes, and Caesar's Empire.
- Betsoft - established in 2006. This Malta-based company boasts a portfolio of more than 150 games and is known for its series of SLOTS3 slot games, such as It Came from Venus!, Frankenslot's Monster, and The True Sherrif.
- Visionary iGaming. Established in 2008 and located in Costa Rica, ViG powers the live dealer games at most overseas casinos catering to Florida residents. Visionary iGaming focuses on quality over quantity, offering immersive live Blackjack, American and European roulette, and Baccarat tables.
- Rival - established in 2005 in Cyprus. Over 230 games in their lineup and counting. The company has patented several groundbreaking technologies, including I-slots and Rival Alive 3D. Their most popular games include Wrath of Medusa, Hole in Won, Major Moolah, and Popping Pintas.
Florida Online Casino Bonuses
Welcome bonuses are the lifeblood of online gambling. Several types of bonuses are available at online casinos, but most fall into one of three categories:
- Matched deposit bonuses. The casino awards you a bonus equal to a certain percentage of your first deposit, up to a certain limit. An example is a 100% matched deposit bonus up to $1,000, meaning for every dollar you deposit, you receive $1 in bonus funds, up to a maximum of $1,000 in bonuses.
- Free spins bonuses. Usually awarded as part of a larger welcome package. You can use a free spins bonus to play slots risk-free. Anything you win through a free spin is awarded as bonus funds, subject to wagering requirements before withdrawal. Expect between 10 and 250 free spins, depending on the casino and promotion.
- No-deposit bonus. These bonuses were very popular in the early 2000s. Now, Florida no deposit online casino bonuses are hard to come by. A no-deposit promotion credits all new accounts with bonus funds - no deposit required. Ideal for gamblers on a budget and anyone looking to try online gaming for free.
Bonus terms and conditions
Online casino bonuses come with specific terms and conditions.
The most common restriction is the wagering requirement, which indicates the number of times you must play through your bonus and deposit before you can withdraw bonus funds. For example, if you deposit $100, receive a $100 bonus, and that bonus comes with a 20x wagering requirement, you'll have to place 20x ($100 + $100) = $4,000 in wagers to cash out any of your promotional funds.
Some bonuses come with expiry dates. For instance, the casino may require that you claim your bonus within two weeks of registration or that you meet wagering requirements in 30 days or less.
Furthermore, different online casino games count differently toward meeting wagering requirements. Generally, slots contribute the most, while table games contribute the least. For instance, if Blackjack contributes 25% towards meeting the playthrough, you'll need to bet $4.00 playing Blackjack to contribute $1.00 towards bonus turnover, effectively quadrupling the total you must bet to clear your bonus.
Florida Online Casino Payment Methods[table showing accepted payment methods, deposit/withdrawal fees, payout times for each casino]
How to Play at a Florida Casino
Ready to start gambling in Florida? Here's a step-by-step guide that will show you how easy it is to get started. We'll use Bovada as an example.
Step 1: Create a Bovada account
Open the Bovada website or launch the dedicated mobile app on your smartphone or tablet. Click the "Join" button to fire up the registration form. Enter your first and last name, date of birth, mobile phone number, email address, password, and zip code. You can also choose whether your balance should be displayed in USD or mBTC, which is neat.
Please remember that you'll need to verify your identity by submitting scans of a government-issued ID before requesting your first withdrawal.
Step 2: Verify your account
Bovada will send an SMS message to your phone number. You can choose to enter the code later, but your ability to claim bonuses and update account information may be restricted if you do.
You'll now be prompted to set a four-digit security code. Choose something you'll remember; you'll need this code to request withdrawals and update certain account information.
Step 3: Make a deposit
Navigate to the cashier and select your preferred deposit methods. Choose between Litecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, credit cards, and vouchers. Your account will reflect the deposit within minutes to hours, depending on your chosen payment methods and the current load of the Blockchain (in the case of Crypto deposits).
Step 4: Start playing!
That's it! You're ready to play all of Bovada's casino games. Try them for free in demo mode, or get straight to business and place real-money bets.
There are several brick-and-mortar gambling venues in Florida, though nothing to write home about. Legal online gambling is still unavailable, unfortunately. For now, you can gamble online without violating any laws by joining one of the top offshore Florida online casinos we recommend herein.