The World Cup outright betting saw the holders France being supported after a comfortable 4-1 first match win over Australia. The ‘Les Bleus’ have been backed into 13/2 with BetUK, with the five-time winners Brazil remaining the World Cup favourites. Latest World Cup outright betting odds below.
See the best 2022 FIFA World Cup betting sites and compare the World Cup bookmakers.
World Cup Holders Backed After First Match Romp Over Australia
World Cup holders France got off to a nervy start in their opening Group D match with Australia – going a goal down in the 9th minute and after the incredible shock that Saudi Arabia delivered to Argentina earlier in the day – French fans feared the worse.
However, it wasn’t long before normal business was resumed with Adrien Rabiot levelling up in the 27th minute and with France veteran Olivier Giroud grabbing a second just 5 mins later (watch below) the current World Cup champions were back in control.
With their talisman Kylian Mbappe adding a third in the 68th minute and Giroud grabbing a fourth in the 71st min saw the Les Bleus pull away from the Socceroos to give their World Cup title defence the perfect start.
A £10 win on France @ 13/2 with BetUK wins you £65 (plus your stake back) if the Les Bleus go onto win!
Olivier Giroud Equals Thierry Henry Scoring Record
After scoring the second and fourth goals in France’s 4-1 easy win over Australia on Tuesday, Olivier Giroud equalled Thierry Henry’s all-time scoring record of 51 international goals.
Giroud (36), who plays his club football these days at AC Milan, is the second most capped France player in their World Cup squad with 115 appearances, behind goalie Hugo Lloris (140).
Giroud and Mbappe Both Backed For Golden Boot After Solid Start
Having both scored on France’s opening World Cup group game, then it was no shock to see Kylian Mbappe and Olivier Giroud supported in the Golden Boot betting market too.
Latest 2022 World Cup Outright Betting Odds
Brazil remain the 2022 World Cup outright betting favourites despite not playing a game yet – their first fixture is on Thursday 24th Nov against Serbia.
|2022 World Cup Outright Odds||Odds||Bookmaker|
Note: Odds are subject to change and others on request.
Claim Your £66 World Cup Free Bet With BetUK
- Click here to sign up to BetUK
- Deposit and place a bet of up to £19 on any sport at odds of 4/5 (1.80) or greater
- You will then receive World Cup Free Bets plus other free bets to the value of £66 in total
- Free Bets credited after first bet settlement 4 x £10, 4 x £5 & 1 x £6 = £66
WATCH: France v Australia Match Highlights
Related World Cup Articles
- See all the best World Cup betting offers and promotions for 2022
- Best 2022 FIFA World Cup betting sites
- Check out the 2022 FIFA World Cup odds and latest betting markets
- Nations Who Have Won the World Cup After Failing to Win in Their Opening Game
- Roy Keane and Graeme Souness clash in heated debate over Argentina penalty
- What Is The Lowest xG A Team Has Had And Have They Beat It?
- Five Biggest World Cup Upsets | Saudi Arabia’s Heroics Join List