There are few characters in the racing world as unique as Rich Ricci, and this year at Cheltenham he has some leading contenders once again.
His famous pink and green silks are a regular sight in some of the biggest races throughout the year.
Best Cheltenham Offers For Today
RELATED: Rich Ricci Cheltenham Runners Today: Back The Ricci Double Lossiemouth & Allegorie De Vassy @ 11/2
First horse that comes to mind when you see these silks?👇#RichRicci 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/lqME5S44VD
— USASteeplechase (@USASteeplechase) March 4, 2023
The former bank who has labelled himself in the past as the ‘maddest f***er on the planet’ has had an exciting career in the racing world.
Back in 2016 at Cheltenham, the American won just under £400,000 in prize money, after three of his horses won. Douvan, Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag all won, costing the bookies millions in the process.
The 59-year-old has a long-standing working relationship with Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh, with the latter riding all all three of his winners back in 2016. Over the years, some of his festival-winning stars include Champagne Fever, Faugheen and Vautor amongst others previously mentioned and more.
Ricci officially has his wife, Susannah, listed as the owner but the horses have been purchased with his money.
As we edge closer to the festival, which horses does Rich Ricci have running this year?
Rich Ricci 2023 Cheltenham Festival Leading Contenders
- Gaelic Warrior – Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle
- Vauban – Unibet Champion Hurdle
- Chapeau de Soleil – Weatherbys Champion Bumper
- Sharjah – McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle
- Lossiemouth – JCB Triumph Hurdle
- Royale Pagaille – Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Allegorie De Vassy – Mrs Paddy Power Mares’ Chase
Rich Ricci Net Worth
As of 2022, Rich Ricci was worth just over £100 million, and it can certainly rise a little if he has some winners at this year’s festival.
He’s a former banker, and now one of the world’s most successful businessmen and investor – and most importantly of all – horse racing mad!
Ricci used to be the head of Barclays’ investment banking business. He served almost as a right-hand man and played a key role under the former chief executive Bob Diamond.
His involvement with Barclays certainly set him up to be even more successful in his career, and even took home a year’s salary after departing back in 2013.
Owner To Have Most Winners At Cheltenham 2023 Odds
- J P McManus @ 4/9
- Mr S Munir/Mr I Souede @ 7/2
- Mrs S Ricci (Rich Ricci) @ 9/1
- Mrs J Donnelly @ 10/1
- Gigginstown House Stud @ 12/1
- Robcour @ 16/1
- Cheveley Park Stud @ 50/1
Related Horse Racing Content:
- The Best Cheltenham Betting Sites for 2023
- Cheltenham Betting Offers 2023 – For New & Existing Customers
- Cheltenham Tips 2023 – Daily Tips & Predictions
- Cheltenham Results Past & Present – See All Cheltenham Festival Results 2023
- Best Horse Racing Free Bets Offers at UK Sportsbooks – Top Horse Racing Bonuses for 2023
- Top Free Horse Racing Tips & Advice for UK Betting Today
- Free Horse Racing Lucky 15 Tips for Today – Best Lucky 15 Bet Today
- Today’s Racecards – View Horse Racing Cards Today
- Horse Racing Results Today – See All Recent Race Results & Winners
- The Best Grand National Betting Sites for 2023