See below our key Southampton vs Newcastle head-to-head stats ahead of tonight’s EFL Cup semi-final (1st-leg), and we could be in for plenty of goalmouth action, with 75% of the last 8 clashes having 3+ goals scored.
Also, why not use these big match Southampton vs Newcastle stats to help with your Bet Builder betting tips and we’ve some ‘must-see’ football free bets you can use on the fixture.
- Newcastle Have Already Beaten Southampton 4-1 In the League This Season
- Magpies Have Lost Just One of Their Last Six at St Mary’s
- 75% Of the Last 8 Head-to-Heads Saw 3+ Goals Scored and Both Teams Scoring
- Newcastle Often Score 2+ Goals When Facing Southampton
- Bruno Guimareas Has Scored in The Last Two Head-to-Heads
Southampton vs Newcastle Head-to-Head Stats
Tuesday 24th January 2023
EFL Cup Semi-Final (1st Leg)
- Met just once in the League Cup before, 1969 Southampton 4-1 Newcastle
- Played in the Premier League this season, Southampton 1-4 Newcastle
- Newcastle are currently 4 games unbeaten vs Southampton
- 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Newcastle have scored 2+ goals in the last 4 head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads
- Newcastle have won 3 of their last 4 away games at Southampton
- Southampton have won just 1 of their last 6 home games vs Newcastle
- 5 draws in the last 17 head-to-heads
- 9 of the last 16 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- James Ward-Prowse (Southampton) has scored in 2 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- Bruno Guimaraes (Newcastle) has scored in the last 2 head-to-heads
Magpies and Saints Have Already Met In The Premier League This Season
Newcastle travel to St Mary’s to face Southampton for a 1st-leg EFL Cup semi-final tonight and having already thrashed the Saints 4-1 in the league this season on the road, then it’s no surprise the Magpies are the match betting favourites @ 8/11.
The match betting ahead of Tuesday’s EFL match
Newcastle Have Lost Only One of Their Last Six Played at St Mary’s
The other ‘good news’ for punters looking to side with Newcastle it that they’ve also a decent recent record over Southampton.
Over the last four head-to-heads Newcastle are unbeaten with three wins and a draw, while during that quartet of matchups have also fired in a massive 11 goals – an average of 2.75 goals scored.
Over 1.5 Newcastle team goals can be supported @ 22/25 or Over 2.5 @ 3/1.
Add in that the Magpies have also won three of their last four trips to St Mary’s and have lost just one on the road to the Saints in the last six – then the long journey south hasn’t seemed to bothered Eddie Howe’s men either.
There Is Often Goals When The Magpies and Saints Face-off
Yes, cup competitions can often throw the form book out of the window, but if we are to trust the recent Southampton vs Newcastle head-to-head stats there is every chance we’ll be seeing goals tonight.
This theory is backed up with 6 of the last 8 meetings between the sides seeing both teams score and also producing Over 2.5 Goals.
You can back ‘Both Teams To Score’ @ 22/25 or Over 2.5 Goals @ Evs.
In fact, 3 of the last 4 clashes even saw 4+ goals scored if you’re feeling a bit braver @ 13/5
Bruno Guimareas Loves To Score Against The Saints
Newcastle’s Brazilian midfielder, Bruno Guimareas, has been their main man when facing Southampton in the last two games.
He’s scored in the last two meetings – getting the last goal of the game each time.
Guimareas is on offer @ 17/4 to score anytime or if you fancy the 25 year-old to fire in the last goal of the game again that can be backed @ 21/2.