Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew heads to Lingfield, Newcastle and Navan for his three stats-based picks on Wednesday, March 29th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
SUZI’S CONNOISSEUR (system – Jane Chapple-Hyam, last-time out winners)
Jane Chapple-Hyam-trained last-time out winners often follow up, with 34 of the 139 qualifiers proving successful since 2015 (24.5% strike-rate) for a profit of £66.53 to a £1 level stake at SP (expected winners only 22.33). SUZI’S CONNOISSEUR got up close home over course and distance on March 1st and can go in again.
ADRIMEL (system – Tom Lacey, handicap hurdle debutants)
Tom Lacey has a cracking record with horses having their first run in a handicap hurdle, scoring with 24 of the 98 qualifiers for a profit of £77.08 to a £1 level stake at SP. ADRIMEL will relish the deep ground and looks worth a punt.
CAPTAIN JOHN BARRY (system – Paddy Twomey newcomers)
Paddy Twomey has a solid record with racecourse debutants, scoring with 16 of the 82 qualifiers (19.5% strike-rate) for a profit of £49.05 to a £1 level stake at SP. In Class E company only, his record is 13 from 40 for a profit of £76.81. CAPTAIN JOHN BARRY could be worth chancing when he makes his debut this one-mile Class E maiden.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets 18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers aged 18 or over opt in and stake £10+ on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1/2 (1.50).
- Once the qualifying bet settles 3x £10 free bets will be awarded to your account.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 3/10 (1.30) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and stakes not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.
- There is more from Andrew Mount every day on SportsLens.
- View the latest horse racing results from the UK and Ireland.