Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew found Musselburgh winner MADE FOR YOU on Monday and has three stats-based picks on Tuesday, December 6th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
AVILES (system – Gary Moore 3yo hurdlers)
Since 2015, Gary Moore has a 30 from 116 record (25.8% strike rate) with his three-year-old hurdlers for a profit of £36.79 to a £1 level stake at SP. The strike rate improves to 46.6% had we just backed the qualifiers at Fontwell with 14 winners from 30 bets. AVILES finished second on his stable debut over course and distance and has sound claims of going one better.
LET’S HAVE ANOTHER (system – chase debutants, top weight in handicaps)
Backing chase debutants who go straight into handicaps under top weight, rather than take the beginners/novice chase route, is a profitable angle and Olly Murphy’s LET’S HAVE ANOTHER looks interesting now switching to the larger obstacles. He may need time between his races to be seen at his best (both hurdle wins after a break) and makes his chase debut after a two-month absence.
ENBORNE (system – sire Tamayuz, 2yos, Tapeta)
Juvenile progeny of the sire Tamayuz have a solid record Tapeta, winning ten of their 41 starts (24.4% strike-rate) for a profit of £33.13 to a £1 level stake at SP. ENBORNE also qualifies as a bet for me on a training angle, as Andrew Balding does very well with his two-year-olds on their second start – blindly backing all qualifiers in the last five years would have found 82 winners from 625 bets and an excellent return of £280.11 to the usual £1 level stake at SP. She could be worth chancing on her switch to Tapeta after a steady introduction at Newmarket.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.