Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew hit the crossbar with places at 16,1 12-1 and 17-2 on Saturday and has three picks on Sunday, January 29th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
PINNACLE PEAK (system – Martin Keighley, Southwell jumps)
Martin Keighley has a solid record with his jumpers at Southwell, scoring with 38 of his 219 runners (17.4% strike-rate) for a profit of £45.12 (expected winners = 26.91, A/E = 1.41). In chases only, his strike-rate improves to 26.4% thanks to 14 winners from 53 bets and a profit of £56.16 (A/E = 1.62). PINNACLE PEAK was pulled up on his chase debut at Taunton last time but the switch to this venue – the scene of two of his three wins over hurdles – could be the key.
AND THE NEW (system – Laura Morgan, chasers)
Laura Morgan has a fantastic record with her chasers, winning with 71 of the 331 runners (21.5%) for a profit of £122.75 to the usual £1 take. AND THE NEW is getting long in the tooth but he would have needed last month’s Wetherby outing – his first since the summer – and three of his last four wins came in January/February, suggesting that a small/speculative interest could be warranted.
EDGAR ALLEN POE (system – Sue Smith, January)
Sue Smith is 63 from 252 (25%) with her January runners since 2014 and backing them blind would have returned a profit of £168.57 to a £1 level stake at SP. EDGAR ALLEN POE contributed with a 28-1 Catterick win on New Year’s Day and can follow up.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets 18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.
- There is more from Andrew Mount every day on SportsLens.
- View the latest horse racing results from the UK and Ireland.