Leading racing advisor Andrew Mount’s is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew had a 2-1 winner and 13-2 place from his two picks on Sunday and has three more on Monday, September 26th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
NEWTON ABBOT 2.18
PRESENT STORM (system – Charlie Longsdon, September)
Trainer Charlie Longsdon is 62 from 246 (25.2% strike-rate) with his runners in the month of September for a profit of £70.85 to a £1 level stake at SP. He’s yet to get into the black in September so far this year but PRESENT STORM only went down by one length in second place at Uttoxeter a few weeks ago and looks to have been found a good opportunity.
DOUGIE’S DREAM (system – sire Fast Company, good to soft or softer going, Flat only)
Progeny of the sire Fast Company do well on the Flat when the ground is good to soft or softer, landing 108 of their 855 starts since the spring of 2016 (12.6% strike-rate) for a profit of £98.03. DOUGIE’S DREAM, runner-up in the Leger Legends race on good to firm going at Doncaster last time, was a winner at Redcar back in April when last encountering good to soft or softer ground and hasn’t had many opportunities on this sort of surface.
CANAGAT (system – David O’Meara switchers, top speed rating)
David O’Meara has a good record at the first time of asking with horses he takes over from other yards and those with the best career speed figure (according to Proform’s ratings) are 16 from 56 (28.6%) for a profit of £15.83 to a £1 level stake at SP. In handicaps only they are nine from 31 (29%, +£17.75) and CANAGAT, a switcher from the Jim Boyle yard, is taken to make a winning start for his new handler. He failed to score in seven starts on turf for Boyle this summer and leaving Simon Dow but all three of his wins have come on the all-weather, the last two at tonight’s venue.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.