Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew starts the new week with two stats-based selections at Musselburgh on a quiet Monday (December 5th). Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
MADE FOR YOU (system – course direction)
MADE FOR YOU has form figures of 11112252 (4-8) when racing in handicap company on right-handed tracks and backing him blind under these conditions would have returned a profit of £8.33 to a £1 level stake at SP. The runner-up efforts came at odds of 12-1, 10-1 and 7-1 and it will be disappointing if he doesn’t go close at least.
KINCADE (system – top four finish from the front on Newcastle’s Tapeta last time out)
It remains very difficult to win from the front on the round course (distances of 1m2f or further) on Newcastle’s Tapeta surface and simply backing any horse who finished in the top four under forcing tactics at that venue on their latest outing produces a healthy profit (52 winners from 243 bets, +21.4% strike-rate, +£85.45 to a £1 level stake at SP). KINCADE did well to finish a 14-1 runner-up in a two-mile Class 4 handicap at Gosforth Park last time and looks worth chancing on his hurdling debut.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.