Leading racing advisor Andrew Mount’s is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew was on target with 9-2 Newcastle winner TREGONY on Thursday and has three selections on Friday, September 15th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
ACAI (system – Clive Cox, Kodi Bear, 6f+)
Clive Cox trained top-class sire Kodi Bear and he’s done well with the sire’s offspring over 6f or further, scoring with eight of the 32 qualifiers for a profit of £22.28 to a £1 level stake at SP. Stall 1 is a slight concern for ACAI but his 33-1 Haydock second to Sakheer reads well and he’s worth chancing.
PEONY (system – Churchill, second-time out, top four on debut)
Progeny of the sire Churchill rarely score on their racecourse debuts but they do exceptionally well at the second time of asking, especially if they finished in the top four in that debut run. Eleven of the 32 qualifiers were successful for a profit of £10.18 (+31.8% on turnover). Those running on turf after a recent outing (within four weeks) were ten from 22 for a profit of £17.30. PEONY, a 22-1 runner-up at Salisbury earlier this month, could take some beating here.
BAILEYS SHOWTIME (system – Showcasing, first-time blinkers)
Progeny of the sire Showcasing are 14 from 108 when fitted with first-time blinkers and backing them blind would have returned a profit of £45.34. Backing only the younger qualifiers (aged two or three) would have found 14 winners from 78 bets (+£75.34). BAILEYS SHOWTIME has form figures of 980 (0-3) but the blinkers and switch to handicapping could see him out-run his huge odds.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.