Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew heads to Bangor, Doncaster, Dundalk and Southwell for four stats-based selections on Friday, December 9th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
SEPARATE WAYS (system – David Brace, young handicap chasers, recent run)
David Brace has a fine record with youngish (aged nine or less) handicap chasers who had raced within the past six weeks, scoring with seven of the 21 qualifiers for a profit of £59.65 to a £1 level stake at SP. SPEARATE WAYS didn’t show much over hurdles but this experienced pointer might do better now switched to the larger obstacles for the first time under Rules.
NOTLONGTILLMAY (system – Laura Morgan chasers)
Simply backing all Laura Morgan-trained chasers in the past five years would have found 67 winners from 298 bets for a profit of £138.50 to the usual £1 stake. NOTLONGTILLMAY scored at Wetherby on his chase/stable debut and has solid claims of going in again.
NUMOOR (system – Siyouni, 4yo+, Polytrack)
Progeny of Siyouni go well on Polytrack and also need time to mature. Had we backed those aged four or older at the four Polytrack venues – Chelmsford, Dundalk, Kempton and Lingfield – we’d have won 38 of our 194 bets (19.6% strike-rate) and made a profit of £65.10. NUMOOR placed third on his last two starts over course and distance and could go a couple of places better this evening under excellent apprentice Siobhan Rutledge.
GYPSY WHISPER (system – Scott Dixon, first-time visor)
Scott Dixon is five from 20 with his runners in a first-time visor and backing them all would have returned a profit of £38.00 to a £1 level stake at SP. GYPSY WHISPER ran very well on her first four starts for the yard at this venue last winter and could surprise in the first-time headgear on her return to Southwell.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers must sign up on mobile.
- Stake a minimum amount of £10 on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1.5 (1/2).
- A maximum of 3 x £10 free bets credited when a qualifying bet on selected events is settled.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.