Portugal and Switzerland face off in the eighth and final round of 16 clash, and ahead of what looks to be a nigh-impossible fixture to predict, we are offering up our very own bet builder tips.
Best World Cup Betting Offers & Free Bets
BetUK are offering prospective customers the chance to unlock a handy £30 worth of World Cup free bets which can used on our 19/1 bet builder for this crucial knockout tie.
Portugal vs Switzerland Bet Builder Tips
Clocking in at 19/1, we can’t quite believe the odds for this bet builder which we have meticulously researched ahead of this evening – see below for each of our three selections
- Breel Embolo Over 1.5 Shots on Target @ 9/4 with BetUK
- Remo Freuler to be Carded @ 13/4 with BetUK
- Over 3.5 Cards @ 4/5 with BetUK
Bet Builder Combined Odds – 19/1 with BetUK
How to Claim BetUK’s £30 Free Bet Welcome Offer
- Register with BetUK HERE
- Stake up to £10 across their sportsbook at odds of 1/5 or greater
- Free Bets credited as 3x £10
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 or more.
RELATED: What Are The Odds On England Winning The World Cup? | 2022 World Cup Outright Betting
Portugal vs Switzerland Bet Builder Tip 1: Breel Embolo Over 1.5 Shots on Target @ 9/4 with BetUK
Beginning with a shots selection, we have picked out Switzerland’s Breel Embolo to continue his sharp shooting so far at this tournament.
The Monaco striker has two goals to his name after three games, while he averaged 1.15 shots on target in the group stage.
Three of his four shots have been on target, and against a Portugal defence that conceded six shots on target against South Korea and four goals across their three group games, we like the look of this first selection.
Portugal vs Switzerland Bet Builder Tip 2: Remo Freuler to be Carded @ 13/4 with BetUK
Next, we are tipping Switzerland midfielder Remo Freuler to pick up a yellow card this evening.
The Nottingham Forest midfielder sits alongside Granit Xhaka in the centre of the park, and with his compatriot already on a yellow card he may have to act as the enforcer against a an interchangeable, dynamic and high-pressing Portuguese midfield.
He has averages 1.33 fouls per game and has made eight tackles at the tournament thus far, so he is firmly in the thick of it when it comes to attempting to nullify the opposition.
Portugal vs Switzerland Bet Builder Tip 3: Over 3.5 Cards @ 4/5 with BetUK
Rounding off our bet builder, we have another cards selection as we attempt to predict the total match bookings.
These sides have been fairly fruitful in terms of cards per game; the Portuguese have so far averaged 4.34 while Switzerland’s disciplinary record is even worse, averaging 5.33 per 90.
Add to that head referee Cesar Ramos, who will officiate tonight’s game, dishes out an average of 4.8 bookings in Liga MX and 2.5 per game so far at this World Cup, we are counting on there being at least four this evening.
Related World Cup Articles
- See all the best World Cup betting offers and promotions for 2022
- Best 2022 FIFA World Cup betting sites
- Check out the 2022 FIFA World Cup odds and latest betting markets
- Nations Who Have Won the World Cup After Failing to Win in Their Opening Game
- What Is The Lowest xG A Team Has Had And Have They Beat It?
- Has There Been More Injuries Leading Up To This Winter’s World Cup Compared To The Last World Cup
- Worst World Cup Nations | See our list of winless World Cup sides
How Many Penalties Have There Been In Every World Cup? | Qatar 2022 Projected To Break Record