We’ve got the key Manchester City vs Tottenham head-to-head stats ahead of tonight’s massive Premier League encounter at the Etihad Stadium – a fixture Spurs won 3-2 last season. You can also use these big match Man City vs Spurs stats to help with your Bet Builder betting tips.
Plus, we’ve some tasty Premier League football free bets you can use on the game.
Manchester City vs Tottenham Head-to-Head Stats
Thursday 19th January 2023
Manchester City vs Tottenham 20:00
- Met 146 times in the league before, Man City 58, Draws 33, Spurs 55
- Yet to play this season in the league
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man City 2-3 Spurs
- Spurs took 6 points off City last season
- Spurs have won 4 of their last 5 vs Man City (Prem)
- Spurs have scored in 5 of their last 6 league games vs Man City
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads (all comps)
- 4 of the last 6 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- The last 3 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Spurs have lost just 1 of their last 6 vs Man City in the league
- Kane scored a brace in this fixture last season
- Heung-Min Son has scored 6 goals in the last 10 head-to-heads vs Man City
Spurs and City Have Met 146 Times in The League
Tonight’s Premier League meeting between Manchester City and Tottenham will be the 147th time the sides have met in the league and it’s a pretty even split.
City have the bragging rights (just) with 58 wins, but Spurs are only three back with 55 victories over The Citizens (33 draws).
The match betting ahead of Thursday’s Premier League match
- Manchester City @ 4/11 with BetUK
- Draw @ 19/4 with BetUK
- Tottenham @ 15/2 with BetUK
RELATED: Man City Vs Tottenham First Goalscorer Tips, Stats & Best Bet For Premier League Clash
Spurs Have a Decent Recent Record Against City
Tottenham suffered a rare home North London Derby defeat to their rivals Arsenal at the weekend, so will need to bounce back from that and things don’t get much easier with a trip to face last season’s Premier League winners Man City.
However, the ‘good news’ for Spurs is that City also lost to one of their rivals at the weekend (Man Utd) and the even better news is the London side seem to be a bit of a bogey team for the Premier League champions.
Spurs have won 4 of their last 5 vs Man City in the league, including this repeat fixture last season 3-2, and have tasted defeat only once in their last six when facing the Citizens.
If you fancy another 3-2 thriller for Spurs, then this is on offer @ 60/1 with BetUK, or if you think Spurs will keep up their good run against City, then maybe the 2/1 on Spurs/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market is the way to go.
Tottenham Have Scored In 83% Of Their Last Six Games Against City
To back-up the previous Spurs stat, we can also see that Conte’s men rarely don’t score when facing City. They’ve found the back of the net in 5 of their last 6 league games, so the @ 7/10 with BetUK on Spurs scoring Over 0.5 Goals in the game might appeal.
Contrasting Over/Unders Head-to-Head Stats
If you like playing the Overs/Unders goal markets, then a small word of caution here based on the stats. The last three repeat fixtures were all high-scoring (Over 2.5 Goals), but overall (all comps) the head-to-heads have seen 4 of the last 6 go Under 2.5 Goals. Tread carefully.
One (or Both) Teams Didn’t Score in 5 Of The Last 6 Meetings
The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has a more solid look to it with one (or both) of the sides keeping a clean sheet in 83% of the last 6 head-to-heads – with only last season’s repeat of this fixture being the game that both teams managed to score.
Harry Kane Netted a Brace in This Clash Last Season, But Son Scoring Stats Better
So, we know Spurs often score against City, but who are the Tottenham players that have the best records facing the Manchester side?
No prizes for guessing Harry Kane is one of those players – he scored a brace in this fixture last season – but it’s Heung-Min Son that edges it with 6 goals in the last 10 head-to-heads. You can back the South Korea man @ 23/2 (first goal) or @ 19/5 (anytime) with BetUK.
Related Football Content
- Best Football Betting Offers January 2023
- Football Betting Tips 2023 – Latest Picks & Football Tips
- Football Predictions January 2023
- Football Accumulator Tips 2023 – Latest Acca Betting Tips
- Best Correct Score Tipsters on Telegram & Social Media 2023