After Leon Edwards defended his UFC Welterweight Title in his trilogy bout against Kamaru Usman at UFC 286, we have decided to take a look at the net worth of Leon Edwards. Read on to find out Edwards’ net worth, career earnings and salary from MMA. It’s safe to say ‘Rocky’ won’t need to worry about his next paycheque for a while!
Leon Edwards Net Worth
Leon Edwards claimed the biggest win of his UFC career by defeating Kamaru Usman for a second time in the main event at UFC 286. ‘Rocky’ successfully defended his UFC Welterweight Title for the first time on UK shores in one of the best title defenses of the year so far.
The O2 Arena was completely packed to the rafters at UFC 286, as the Birmingham man put an end to his rivalry with Usman by securing a win in their third fight. The pair of MMA superstars have now shared 13 rounds together, with the Englishman coming out on top on two occasions in the two UFC Title fights.
After the fight on Saturday March 18th, we have decided to take a deep dive into the career earnings and net worth of Leon Edwards. It’s fair to say that the 31-year-old has made a fair bit of money in his career so far and won’t be worrying about his bank balance anytime soon!
As of March 2023, Leon Edwards’ net worth is said to be around £1 million. The Birmingham man has been on a rise in the UFC in recent years, topping that off by winning the UFC Welterweight Title last time out in August at UFC 278 in his rematch with Kamaru Usman.
Edwards became only the second ever British UFC champion, after Michael Bisping won middleweight gold back in 2016. He then successfully defended his belt this past weekend in his home country of England.
The majority of the 31-year-old’s income comes from MMA and his incredible career in the UFC. Until recently, Edwards’ won’t have made the huge paycheques, but now, he is one of the biggest starts in the UFC and will continue to earn a fortune for the rest of his career.
RELATED: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman Predictions: UFC Betting Tips, Preview, Fight Time, Venue, Odds & Free Bet
Leon Edwards UFC Career Earnings
Leon Edwards has been a professional MMA fighter since he made his debut back in 2011 on the undercard of a Fight UK MMA: Fight UK 4 undercard in Leicester, England.
The 31-year-old has seemingly earned far more money since signing for the UFC up until his latest fight last year when he won the UFC Welterweight Title in August. For that fight, Edwards earned a reported $432,000. His base purse for that fight was $350,000 for that fight, but received a $50,000 performance bonus and $32,000 in sponsorship.
That was without a doubt the biggest purse of his MMA career to date. Not only that, but his trilogy bout with Usman this past weekend reportedly earned him around $1 million – over double his last purse.
With his long and successful career in the UFC, this means that Leon Edwards‘ total career earnings inside the octagon equates to roughly $2.5 million. This is far lower than a lot of other fighters in the UFC such as Conor McGregor, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Jon Jones to name but a few.
However, now that Edwards is the champion at 170-pounds, his paycheques will massively inflate. He will continue to earn millions of pounds as a UFC fighter going forward, with some potentially huge fights on the horizon for his now that the Kamaru Usman chapter of his career has been closed.
Below is a list of every one of Edwards’ UFC fight and how much he earned (in dollars due to UFC being an American organisation) in each fight.
Leon Edwards UFC Fight Pay – Breakdown:
- UFC 286 – 18th March 2023 – W (Usman) – $1,062,000
- UFC 278 – 20th August 2023 – W (Usman) – $432,000
- UFC 263 – 12th June 2021 – W (Diaz) – $231,000
- UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs Muhammad – 13th March 2021 – NC (Muhammad) – $120,000
- UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs Edwards – NA – $20,000
- UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos vs Edwards – 20th July 2019 – W (dos Anjos) – $118,000
- UFC Fight Night: Till vs Masvidal – 16th March 2019 – W (Nelson) – $114,000
- UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs Edwards – 23rd June 2018 – W (Cerrone) – $105,000
- UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs Volkov – 17th March 2018 – W (Sobotta) – $69,000
- UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs Struve – 2nd September 2017 – W (Barberena) – $65,000
- UFC Fight Night: Manuwa vs Anderson – 18th March 2017 – W (Luque) – $43,000
- UFC 204 – 8th October 2016 – W (Tumenov) – $39,000
- UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Arlovski – 8th May 2016 – W (Waters) – $32,500
- UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs Cerrone 2 – 19th December 2015 – L (Usman) – $17,500
- UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Leites – 18th July 2015 – W (Pawlak) – $26,500
- UFC Fight Night: Gonzaga vs Cro Cop 2 – 11th April 2015 – W (Baczynski) – $66,000
- UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs Saint Preux – 8th November 2014 – L (Silva) – $8,000
Total Career Earnings: $2,568,500
RELATED: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman Purse: How Much Money Will The Winner Make?
Leon Edwards Earnings For Kamaru Usman Trilogy Fight
After beating Kamaru Usman for the second time and successfully defending his UFC Welterweight Title, Leon Edwards reportedly earned around £1 million for the contest.
This includes a large share of the pay-per-view gate as well as his £100,000 win bonus. Edwards base salary for the fight was estimated to be around £575,000, with around half a million pounds in PPV money.
Although he is no longer the champion and lost against ‘Rocky’ for the second time, Kamaru Usman took home slightly more than Edwards. He reportedly earned around £1.2 million in total for the fight.
All in all, Leon Edwards’ projected earnings for the Usman trilogy fight is somewhere in the region of £1.5 million for his main event fight at UFC 286 for the UFC Welterweight Title.
In the lead up to the fight, Kamaru Usman was the favourite to win back his UFC Welterweight Title at odds of 2/5 with the best UK sports betting sites. However, Leon Edwards of course won the fight as the 2/1 underdog best sports betting apps in front of his home fans last Saturday at UFC 286.
Be sure to stay up to date with all the UFC news as well as watching our exclusive UFC live streams.
RELATED: How Much Is The Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman Pay-Per-View?
Leon Edwards Sponsorship Deals
Leon Edwards makes the majority of his money from competing in the UFC, but he also has various sponsorship deals outside of the octagon that boost his net worth. ‘Rocky’ is one of the main athletes on board with Montirex – who are his main sponsor.
Montirex are a technical outdoor/sportswear brand, offering a range of tracksuits, shorts, t-shirts and quarter-zips. Designed with performance in mind, using technical fabrics and trims to maximise comfort and athletic ability.
Wow Hydrate are another of Leon Edwards’ main sponsors, who will again be in his corner this weekend for his homecoming fight at UFC 286. Wow Hydrate are a sports water company with a wide range of high-quality electrolyte and protein water drinks. Their drinks offer a healthy selection of sugar-free electrolyte and sugar-free protein waters.
Due to these two main sponsors, Leon Edwards earns a tidy sum outside of the octagon, as well as earning a fortune in it. Now he is one of the best fighters in the world, his earnings outside of the cage will continue to grow with various sponsors wanting to get on the hype-train with the UFC Welterweight Champion.
Other Content You May Like
- Best UFC Betting Sites – Your guide to the best sportsbooks to bet on MMA.
- UFC Streaming Sites – Guide to the best live streaming sites to watch the UFC action unfold.
- Free Betting Tips – Exclusive betting tips for various sports completely free of charge.
- UFC Free Bets – Work out all of your best sports free bets today.
- Best eSports Betting Sites – Your guide to the best eSports betting sites in the UK.
- Exclusive Cash Out Betting Sites – Best cash-out betting sites from various UK bookmakers.
- Best Betting Apps – Your guide to the best betting apps in the UK.
- Best UK Sports Streaming Sites – Best sites that you can stream sports in the UK.