Ahead of Kamaru Usman’s trilogy showdown at UFC 286 tonight against Leon Edwards, we’re answering some questions about the Nigerian’s personal life.
Who Is Kamaru Usman’s Wife?
Eleslie Dietzsch is known to be Kamaru Usman’s former long-term partner before the couple called it quits and split up around Autumn 2022.
Usman confirmed the breakup on Andrew Schulz’s podcast, published on November 11, 2022.
“Yeah, I was in a relationship until earlier this year. I’m single but I’m not really like – don’t get me wrong, we all like girls. But I’m like – I like love.”
Ditezsch was born on November 22, 1986 and is 36-years-old. She is of both Brazilian and Portuguese descent, but information about her family is scarce.
Eleslie’s Instagram account has over 1,000 followers and she regularly posts photos of her family. Kamaru Usman is featured all across her feed.
She holds both Brazilian and American citizenship and could possibly have German ancestry considering the surname ‘Dietzsch’.
Usman, nicknamed ‘The Nigerian Nightmare,’ referred to Eleslie as his girlfriend in 2016 and said “I’m loving Brazil, my girlfriend is Brazilian, my daughter is half-Brazilian’.
RELATED: Leon Edwards Wife: Who Is The UFC Champion’s Partner And Do They Have A Child?
Does Kamaru Usman Have A Child?
Usman has a daughter with Dietzsch named Samirah who was born in 2014. She is nine-years-old.
Samirah has an Instagram account, which is monitored by her parents. She includes the Nigeria and Brazil flags in her bio, signifying her dual citizenship.
In the second fight between Usman and Leon Edwards at UFC 278, a distraught Samira was carried out of the arena after witnessing her father being knocked out in the final round.
Samirah was spotted being consoled in the front row and former UFC champion Conor McGregor expressed his sympathy, stating “I feel this deep. I do not suggest bringing family whatsoever, especially the children.”
Usman opened up on the night of the loss and not seeing his daughter until the following morning, when things were put into perspective for the 35-year-old.
“I came over, she slept – she was in my bed. We woke up, and I just had a conversation with her. I told her, ‘Sometimes you lose, sometime you win. Most of the time we win, but sometimes you lose! You’ve got to train hard and get back up there again.’
“When it initially happened she was upset, but the next day she just wanted to play. It was like she didn’t really give a s*** that it happened. That’s the wonderful thing about it: At the end of the day, this is just a competition, and I’m still ‘dad’ to her.
“That’s the beautiful thing about kids: No matter what we do, how big I get, how ‘famous’, how ‘unbeatable’, I’m just ‘dad’ to her. Kids will always remind you of that.”
Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman – UFC 286 Fight Info
- 🥊 UFC Match: Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman
- 📊 Records: Leon Edwards (20-3, 7 KO’s) | Kamaru Usman (20-2, 9 KO’s)
- 📅 Date: Saturday 18th March 2023
- 🕛 Main Event Time: Approx. 10.00PM GMT
- 🏆 Title: UFC Welterweight Title
- 📺 TV Channel: BT Sport Box Office
- 🏟 Venue: O2 Arena | London, England
- 🎲 Fight Odds: Edwards 2/1 | Usman 2/5
Other Content You May Like
- Best UFC Betting Sites – Your guide to the best sportsbooks to bet on MMA.
- UFC Streaming Sites – Guide to the best live streaming sites to watch the UFC action unfold.
- Free Betting Tips – Exclusive betting tips for various sports completely free of charge.
- UFC Free Bets – Work out all of your best sports free bets today.
- Best eSports Betting Sites – Your guide to the best eSports betting sites in the UK.
- Exclusive Cash Out Betting Sites – Best cash-out betting sites from various UK bookmakers.
- Best Betting Apps – Your guide to the best betting apps in the UK.
- Best UK Sports Streaming Sites – Best sites that you can stream sports in the UK.